The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2003, 05:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What the ....

I can't stay a way for a weekend with out Griz getting sick and Lt doing a Buddist Monk impression. Lt, glad you kept that routine out of the festivities in Savannah.

With my wound came burns. Hang in there brother. We are with you all the way. Rounds out to the Lord.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2003, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

John. You're on my list with the Father and Son but it's too warm for fire down here so stay away from it.
Lil' LT, Thanks for keeping us updated.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:30 AM

Lt, prayers out to you and yours. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I'll keep that bottle of Crown put away until you walk thru that saloon door.
Old 04-07-2003, 12:30 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default The rest of the Story

A mountain story, Well we wuz drinkin one day when. It started off as a trip to Nashville Tn. to pick up an old barroom type shuffleboard that LT had found, We thought it would be great for the mountain retreat. We got up to the mountain on Friday afternoon and decided to do some cleaning up of some trees and scrub we had cut some time ago. All was well late into the evening, We were enjoying a medicinal drink (or several) and enjoying the fire we had going. Mustash Mike and I were playing Cribbage and LT was sitting near the edge of the deck. The next thing we knew Lt had fallen into the fire, Mike and I pulled him from it and immediately knew we had trouble. I drove him to the emergency room at the hospital and they immediately started treatment (Was wearing Psyco Vets Tee). I stayed with him until 4am then they let him go with my promise to get him to a hospital in Atlanta right away. Mike and I drove him back to Atlanta after contacting his wife and daughter in Nashville. We then headed back to the mountains and then to Nashville to get the shuffleboard. I just came back and went by LTs house, He is better but in for a long recovery.
Old 04-07-2003, 12:48 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Thanks Sid...

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 04-07-2003, 02:21 PM

Thank you everyone for your prayers. I know my dad will make a 100% recovery and in record time. He is the strongest person I know. Keep the positive thoughts coming...
Old 04-07-2003, 03:22 PM

Thanks Sid, Lil Lt & Cathy,

Your Daddy is a special man and Anday and I are praying for him.

Sharon,

We are praying for all of you. God bless, Andy and I wish you all the best. Love to all of you,

Annette
With man this is impossible,but with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26
Old 04-07-2003, 03:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Golly Lt were you trying to fire walk? Your not suppost to drink alcolhol before you walk. and its fire walking, not fire crawling. You guys are crazy down south. we can't even start fires up here yet because its to wet. i used 5 gallons of propane and a flame thrower to burn brush this week end . What a waste of time nothing would burn. I do hope you heal soon and are up and about in no time.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Fire

and I had just convinced my wife that you guys weren't dangerous to hang with, I lied and told her you got burned carrying a poor motherless deer out of a blazing forest and only turned it loose after you knew it was safe.Take it easy and keep the faith,keep dry brother :cl:
Old 04-08-2003, 05:29 AM

An unconfirmed report-

A spokesperson for Union Gen. W.T. Sherman issued a statement today denying that there was any truth to the rumor that deep-cover special operatives under the command and control of the Gen. were in any way involved in this incident.He went on to say that the Gen. has been undergoing treatment and has been fire-free for several weeks.

The Gen. himself was unavaliable for comment.

Continueing to hope for the very best for the Lt. and family.