The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Military News > Terrorism

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2015, 12:19 PM

Default If terrorism is homegrown, a visa overhaul won't keep Americans safe - The Guardian

If terrorism is homegrown, a visa overhaul won't keep Americans safe - The Guardian

12-07-2015 09:45 AM

The Guardian

If terrorism is homegrown, a visa overhaul won't keep Americans safe
The Guardian
Dressed in combat gear, a married couple allegedly carried out the bloodiest terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11 last Wednesday at a social services center in San Bernardino, California. While the husband was born in Chicago, his Pakistani wife had ...

and more »

More...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2015, 05:33 AM

Hello Patriot

Yep - things are real mess in the US right now. This terror is effecting our Grand kids more and more each month. My grandson ask be why people do this. He's 12 wants to a Marine - but can't figure out why our country has all these issues going on.

He's too young to hear and see this crap on TV. Yet it's here and we are dealing with it weekly and daily now as the new media beats this crap 24-7 and I'm trying to keep him from being burdened with these issues.

You can't pull the plug on the TV - they even talk about in in school. He goes through drills at school to protect themselves. I only did the duck and cover drill when I was younger. Now these kids have these threats to think about and the added anxiety isn't what these kids need right now.

There looks like there's no quick fix for these issues. I live in Chicago all my life and we've had our share of shootings and racial issues all my life. Our society has to find a way to get through all this without it going from one generation to the next.

I'm disappointed and greatly concerned that these racial and religious overtones will cause more and more issues in the near future. I can't understand why these issues are so prevalent in our society even to this day.

My kids & grand kids weren't raised to be prejudice or find fault with those whose beliefs are different than ours.

Is it human nature to destroy itself? Is this such a deep seeded ingrained characteristic of the human being?

I'd say part of this lies with education and ones ability to find a job and become stable.
Another part of me say's it taught in the family by the older generations who were exposed to such discrimination.

What has happened to this country in the last 30-40 years? Can we blame this on our government or is this something that we've been taught by current system. It's not taught in schools so we have blame much of this hostility on ourselves to some degree.

The other issue I see is that incomes are such that both parents have to work now a days just to manage the bills. This leaves kids alone too much and being young they are impressionable to other influences by kids that the runs streets.

Are guns the issue? In part yes because so many have access to them. Crime is up and as kids grow up they are insecure so they look for weapons to defend themselves and later use them on others. You can see the outline and all of us know this.

Police have little respect and more so of late with all the shootings. They feel insecure using only a stun gun and many that police officers really shouldn't have that position.
They are all not bad but a few bad ones can cause undo harm to others within their organization.

My thoughts on this overall subject bring me back to reinstating the draft. Volunteers are good (I did). The draft would take some of these kids off the street and our military system would rebuild them into something more useful. Many of these kids need authority to bring them into the system as men and not street killers.

I'm open to suggestions but we really need to get this under control.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote