The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2002, 05:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Andy

Let's see if we have this right: you yankees are building an over-priced tunnel under water, it leaks severely, and you want us folks of the genteel persuation to drive through it? Um-hmm.

BTW: my Purple Heart license plates cost all of $4.00 to renew each year. And we get to park free at parking meters!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2002, 09:34 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Wink Scout

I just don?t think you understand how things work up here. The first fully funded Federal road was the Boston Post Road. Building began under President John Q. Adams in 1827. The Boston Post is due to be completed next November - baring any unforeseen delays. Rt. 90 in this state is seen by the folks in Boston as such a nice road (only one that is straight) that you have to pay to ride on it. Same is true for most bridges and we have a lot of rivers. Of course sometimes bridges are built even if there is no river. Yes, out of Towner?s are supposed to use the Big Dig Tunnel, Whitey Bulger, the head of the Irish Mafia, who?s brother was the Speaker of the House in Mass. Until 2 years ago, sold all the cement to the construction companies. The Mob has made so much money on this they got out of the prostitution racket!

Parking meters: If your not driving a police car, an ambulance or Fire truck the fine is anywhere from $25.00 to $150.00 per violation. (However, by law, there are handicapped spaces all over the place.)

Getting back to number plates, I was told last night that a person can also get a branch of service plate, which is a vanity plate and costs $75.00. Can?t get a Division, ship or the like but if you want it to say Army with the Seal on it, you can have one.
Hope this clears things up.

Stay healthy,
Andy
PS: I?ve only flown out of Logan airport once in my life, that was enough. We use Hartford -Springfield (Bradley Airport), at least there no one steals your hub caps while the car is moving.
Old 07-09-2002, 04:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default MY MISTAKE

CA doesn't offer a Silver Star or Bronze Star Medal plate. The awards plates are MOH, DSC, Navy Cross, and Air Force Cross. Also Purple Heart.

There is also a Disabled Veteran plate available. Must be rated 100% and be service connected. The plate is free and allows you unlimited time at parking meters and handicap spaces. The PH plate gives the same priveledge for parking meters. Also a Pearl Harbor Survivor and POW plate available.

The regular Veterans Plate has a WHOPPING 118 different logos available for it. All branch insignias, most division [Army and Marine] insignias, CIB, Gold Star Mother, etc., etc.. Also many organization logos including VFW, DAV, VVA, Iwo Jima Survivors, Pilot Assocs, and on and on.
Old 07-09-2002, 05:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Smile

Hey , Andy. Taxes were part of the reason I never considered going back to NJ. But they get you here too, new road kill tax going into effect Tue.
Old 07-09-2002, 10:57 PM

Default What the Hey

is a roadkill tax? Do they chase you down for every possum you run over? Hell, they could put that in place in Texas and Arkansas for armadillos and wipe out the national debt!
Old 07-10-2002, 11:55 AM

Default Don't you guys know

That Armidillos are sinply the armored cav division of the Possum Brigade ?!?

The national debt could be cleared up real quick, by simply stopping the funding of the UN giveaways !
Old 08-08-2002, 05:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up YOU'RE WELCOME!

This afternoon I was parked in downtown Palo Alto [home of Stanford University] while I visited a used bookstore that I hadn't been to for awhile. As I approached my car when I was done, I notice something placed under my wiper blade. Damn! Did I get a ticket? As I get closer, I see that it's a piece of paper. Damned solicitors!. When I get to the car, I take it off and read it. It's a hand-written note.

"THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY. THERE WERE MANY OF US THAT WERE/ARE PROUD OF ALL OF YOU"

Well, pretty much made my day. Great to hear that once-in-awhile. Since I got my plates for Father's Day, I've had several people give me a "Thumbs Up."
Old 08-08-2002, 05:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default good job !

You deserve such a note and more --- like free custom plates with proof of Service.
Old 08-09-2002, 07:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Wow!

What a great story! Just don't park it in Berkley. Just kidding, just kidding.....(don't want James to write a ten page doctrine on parking in Berkley)

Those are the types of things that make you even prouder to have served and served in the AIRBORNE!

Packy

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 08-09-2002, 08:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I was about to say...

...I think James took his keyboard, and went home, after reading Paco's post, but scrolled up to see Griz's post, and a smile crept in...
...yes a post like that is nice to see, and I'm sure it made your day if not more,...
...I think the idea of openly saying "thank You to a Veteran" is moored as the general public is too self consciences to admit their shame is the treatment of the Vet's since the Vietnam war,...
... but what I do see since the truth's have been coming to light in the last 30 years is that the majority of the men, and women that served in Vietnam were just doing what their Nation called them to due, and like preceeding "wars" they went, and served, but only to return to a Nation that cast them aside, BUT now since 9/11, a new light has been cast upon the "soldier/ Veteran, and policemen, and firefighters,emt's etc is that the flame still burns for patriotism deep down and it's cracking it's shell, and will fly again...
...Areatha said it, SANG IT, and it's "R-E-S-P-E-C-T",... LONG OVERDUE, ...
... I think the public now fully understands what it is like to be attacked literally, and what the value of our fighting men, PAST, and present are worth...
...I received my plates a few weeks ago, and have noticed people back off a little bit when approaching from the rear, and a few tip their cap so to speak, but I see so many different ones poping up, where as before we were all hidden.................

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk