The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2002, 05:35 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Don't blame your daddy sweetie

the way I read his post was from a daddy worried about the treatment of his girl. All the conjecture was put in by everyone else. Too many years and to much experience and a little worry about someone we love. Forgive us if we went down the wrong trail. But I think you can see a lot of love here for you. Hey! What can I say we are old people it's our job to worry about you. That's what old people do.

And yes I have had the dubious honor of being a visitor in similar facilites and they aren't always cordial to say the least. I have some great stories to tell you that weren't funny at the time but as I write this I am smiling at some of the dumb things that happend while visiting. Not that I want to do that again. I am getting to damn old to spend my time lookin' at someone in blaze orange talkin to them through glass.

Again forgive us for being a little overprotective over you..but heck I just had birthday #xy (I ain't tellin') everybody has it figured out but they let me live in my delusion of eternal youth. (heck it's the internet why not) and you can bet I would get a lot of advice if I started a pen pal relationship with someone locked up. Probably cause they have been there or barely escaped goin themselves. Believe me men know men. And your the luckiest girl in the world if you got men on your side that care enough to let you know how a man might be thinkin'. Now go hug your daddy. I am sure he is confused as all heck by now.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2002, 06:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Thank you all, my life has been confused - but I am still here !
Old 08-11-2002, 08:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default ...so he got ...

...agravated unlice"nd"..., and IF that's all, we won't hold him doin' sumtin simple stupid against him If he loves you as much as you hope...BUT...

...BUT if he don't clear up the "paper hangin' on him now, and retain the ability to drive, then he ain't gonna make no money, and he ain't gonna be able to support himself let alone you, and a second mouth that ends up sneaking up on relationships....

..."she's in love with the boy" Miss Trish Yearwood, pull it up Sis...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 08-11-2002, 08:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking LT. You confused!

You hang out with my friends and you'll really be confused.

I just fake sanity! I've been faking it for years!

Seriously, life can be confusing, especially them there young'ens of ours.

Keith
Old 08-12-2002, 05:32 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default To Little LT

Don't worry about conjecture,, You know that your dad was only concerned about your safety. Whenever you look at what LT does, look from the point of view that he is only concerned for you and your safety. LT and I grew up in a very violent time and we tend to react that way when anything or one threatens us or someone we care about. It is quite simple for us, if it is a threat eliminate it. You worry your dad with some of the things that you do, THINK about your life and do something with it. JUST MY .02 WORTH.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Little LT...

...You sound "on screen" like you can take care of yourself, and please take eveything we say with "a grain of salt"...
...we live in a world that is TOTAL"LE" different then any life you think you know, no insults, or belittlement meant...
... We live in a world that has known great pain, and suffering, and all your father is trying to do is help you avoid making some of the same mistakes we have already made, And we were warned about the same ones by our parent's also...
...Only you know in your heart weather, or not you "truly" love him, and weather or not, he'll make it down the line as a good husband, and/or father, I'm not sure on your age, but I thought it was around 20???, so try to look at it from your dad's side also, he's been around a lot longer, and experience is the greatest teacher of all...
...not discounting your feelings one bit,...
... if he's "IT",... wish you the best,...
... if he's "not", don't think for one split second that your gonna "convert" him, and mold him into who you want in your heart...
...it might hurt, but you have to say "long run" at this point in time in the world...
...Now, when he gets out, give him one big hug, and one good kick in the ass, and tell him in no uncertian terms that there is no more second chances in regards to driving "privledges", and that it's time to grow up, and make adult deceisions on all aspects of life, keep movin'..... "C"

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 08-12-2002, 08:50 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Post LT

It's so very hard for us to live our children's lives for them and avoid mistakes made when we weren't able to do a very good job with our own lives. Bond with her, love her, you can give an opinion but - it's little Lt.'s life. That 100 mile drive sure sounds like an act of love.
All the luck in the world to both of you.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 08-12-2002, 12:14 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I would feel the same way.

If'in I had a daughter I would feel the same way. I would not be real happy taken her to the Hoose Gow to see her "man". I know it's not a real Jail, but he isn't there for being a model citizen, and there is a reason they suspended his license in the first place. You should be happy that he is a bit overprotective. Had those Colombine Parents been just a bit more protective, they might not have let them store weapons and bombs in their bedrooms. I am not comparing you Lil' Lt or your guy to the Colombine looneys, but I think you get the point. Anyway he's old and won't remember any of this a week from now!

Paco

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 08-12-2002, 01:38 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sid's got it right

I worry about my daughter a lot even though she is very levelheaded. One of the things I worry about is having to kill anyone that would do her harm. Her boyfriends have sensed that a little bit and I don't mind.
Old 08-13-2002, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Sid's got it right

Quote:
Originally posted by 1CAVCCO15MED
I worry about my daughter a lot even though she is very levelheaded. One of the things I worry about is having to kill anyone that would do her harm. Her boyfriends have sensed that a little bit and I don't mind.
Perfect sense.