The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2003, 10:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default James

Buddy,

You have been to the holy seplicur (sp?) of Airborne. I have often told Deb that the only place in France I care to see, other than Bordeaux for wine, was Normandy, St Mere Eglise, etc. I am truly envious and filled with admiration that you did walk holy ground. Your poem......I have no words....you get it. Heiniken is Dutch...and many Airborne fought in Holland to get the Nazi's out. i.e. Market Garden. They appreciated your gesture....all the boys did. As for the gifts....thanks dang it....can't wait to see them cause' along with them....Frisco and Kath will be in the land of cotton. Dan says to tell you "hey", and would like to discuss the Tiger thing. He said he never heard of what was being said. Had a great visit with him and know the upcoming festivities with the left coast crowd will be great.

Thanks for everything!

Abu!

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2003, 05:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Cool JAMES, YOU DA MAN!

I was hoping you wouldn't forget me at the Airborne Museum, and you didn't disappoint me. I'm OH, SOOOO grateful. I sure wish I could have been there with you to share it all. Could have cried together. Your poem touched me. As far as the beer, I'da drank one to 'em while you poured yours. Would have all been fitting. As a Psyco Vet MC, Bay Area Chapter [ABN], member and a Patriot Files Moderator, I thank you for the jesture on our behalf.

I'll be more than happy to take the gifts East for you. It'll give me a chance to sift through it all and pick out the good stuff . What time do you get in on the 5th? We have to be at the Oakland Airport by about 5:00PM on the 6th. We'll be around the house between 2:00-4:30PM, for sure. Give a call to hook up either WED or THU.

Give me the details on that 60th Anniversary jump. That's something I might be up for. I assume it would either be the 5th or 6th of JUN. Get as much info as you can.

Can't wait to see ya, my friend.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: JAMES, YOU DA MAN!

Quote:
Originally posted by frisco-kid
I'll be more than happy to take the gifts East for you. It'll give me a chance to sift through it all and pick out the good stuff . What time do you get in on the 5th? We have to be at the Oakland Airport by about 5:00PM on the 6th. We'll be around the house between 2:00-4:30PM, for sure. Give a call to hook up either WED or THU.

Give me the details on that 60th Anniversary jump. That's something I might be up for. I assume it would either be the 5th or 6th of JUN. Get as much info as you can.

Can't wait to see ya, my friend.

LETS DO IT!!!!!! I'll see what I can come up with

As for tommorrow, Im sposed to be getting in about 2:30 pm and Sues picking me up--I'll try to stop by on the way back from the Airport (SFO) about 330 but don't expect a long stay because I'll be pretty fried from jetlag by then--it would be easier for me but then I cant burn the CDs--we'll see . Sue will have her phone with her, I'll try to call first-- the last 4 digits of her # are 3659. If this doesnt work will you be home Thurs AM around tennish?? will work it out

Packo-- been having some emails with Dan about this, We're pretty much in agreement. Hope you enjoy the souvenirs, don't wear out Tom C too much--ABU!! I'm still proud of it!!

James
Old 11-04-2003, 12:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Of course you do

Quote:
[i]
P.S. I still love ya James.
well, youre only human--hope you send me yr address, I got plenty stuff

James
Old 11-04-2003, 12:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default "With a gammy leg, Sir?"

From Monty Python.

Doubt if I could do the 60th Jump with my hip.....but damn would sure like to be there for it. Please get that info. Man would it be great if we could be there, Dan too, for that occasion. Let's look into the possibility.

Can't wait to see the Abn stuff, too bad I gotta entertain the delivery boy to get it .....again, thanks for thinking of us.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 04:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up JAMES

I will, for sure, be home by 3:30PM on the 5th. No need to call ahead, I'll be waiting for you. Understand about not staying long. Traveling that far for that many hours is a drain. THURS morning, 10ish won't work, Bud. Kath and I both are working part of the day. WED afternoon is good. Looking forward to seein' ya.