Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2014, 09:23 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy Gates: Reid’s “war is lost” declaration “disgraceful”

Gates: Reid’s “war is lost” declaration “disgraceful”

posted at 9:21 am on January 15, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

And not just disgraceful, but “one of the most disgraceful things I’ve ever heard a politician say.” Too bad Robert Gates wasn’t around for Harry Reid’s McCarthyesque attack on Mitt Romney by claiming to have inside knowledge that the Republican presidential nominee was a tax cheat. I’d give the edge to the “The war is lost” declaration in 2007, though, for the reasons Gates gives here (via the Washington Free Beacon):

“The troops believed and still believe that they were being successful in their mission,” Gates said. “So I think they were able, to a certain extent, to set aside the politics here at home.”

But, Gates continued, “When you have somebody like the Senate Majority Leader come out in the middle of the surge and say ‘this war is lost’, I thought that was one of the most disgraceful things I’ve heard a politician say.”

“That sends a riveting message to kids who are putting their lives on the line every day that they’re doing it for nothing,” Gates noted, “and that was absolutely not the case.”
It’s one thing to debate strategy, especially when the options involved put more Americans troops on the line for more aggressive operations, which will increase casualties. It’s quite another to spew defeatist rhetoric while outside of the loop, and ill-informed defeatist rhetoric as it turned out. The surge actually worked — while we remained in Iraq — and allowed the US-Iraqi alliance to bring Anbar under control.

The problem with Harry Reid is that he routinely makes a disgrace out of himself, and it’s just so difficult to choose which anecdote is the worst.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/01/1...n-disgraceful/
Old 01-15-2014, 01:12 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

First-off Darrel, thanks for posting truths by Ed Morrisey about our currently despicable and omnipotent Big Brother Rulers here on patriotfiles.com.

Don't know why? But obviously not many Honorable Veterans here on Patfiles have the guts to post anything disparaging about lordly pompous leaders anymore. Such is truly sad.

Regardless and in fairness to: "DISGRACEFUL" Senator Harry Reid and/or one of Obama's Top Stooges,...what else can Americans expect from such Obedient Political Puppets?

As Reid's king, emperor, dictator or puppet master master (some believe likely mullah also) so orders or directs,...such will be done.

It's actually that simple.

Neil