The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2007, 07:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62
Smile Go Navy!!!

Army, Navy Football Game today at Noon!

GO NAVY!!!!!!!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2007, 12:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62
Smile GOOOO Navy!!

The Mid'des beat the snot out of Army for the sixth time in a row!!!
Navy Won 38-3!!!!
Time to drive through West Point, with Go NAVY emblazoned on my car!!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

Last edited by SparrowHawk62; 12-03-2007 at 07:55 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking SH

The Black Knights are to football what bumper stickers are to philosophy.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-01-2007, 04:13 PM

Default SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperScout View Post
The Black Knights are to football what bumper stickers are to philosophy.

Yeah, they played like an "Army of One" today. One big mess that is!

Old 12-01-2007, 05:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparrowHawk62 View Post
Yeah, they played like an "Army of One" today. One big mess that is!
A couple of years ago, I had the honor of giving the graduation speech at Ft. Benning, and part of my remarks were that the phrase, 'an Army of one,' was probably the most bogus advertising gimic in history. There was some high-level butt-squirming, but I reminded the graduates that nothing gets done in the Army by lone wolves - team-work is the all-important component of any successful operation.

In this day and age when colleges recruit football players to play football, and the academic side of the equation is secondary at best, the service academies are at a distinct disadvantage on the football gridiron.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-01-2007, 08:21 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Cool

The Army of One wins the Medal of Honor when everything has turned to shit. The team wins the battle, the campaign and the war.

The military recruits warriors. The universities recruit wanna-bes.

Let those who play in professional sports, play in our arena.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfc_darrel View Post
The military recruits warriors. The universities recruit wanna-bes. Let those who play in professional sports, play in our arena.
When one attends a military academy sports are secondary to the task at hand. Yet without them important team work lessons are less important to some.
Professional sports have long since turned into the highest paid verse the rest. Money the motive for a game played win or loose.
The "warrior" plays to win, often at all costs, that's where the difference comes in!