The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2009, 06:45 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Phony General? (now with added Phony Goodness)

Phony General? (now with added Phony Goodness)

April 13th, 2009
Someone sent me this picture of a fellow he sees frequently around a local ROTC detachment. Our tipster says he believes the guy served in some capacity in the military but doubts his claims that he did 3 tours at SOCOM or that he’s a Major General.
Me? I’m just enjoying the military goodness of the pictures;

Like you are, I wondered what the glob of patches on his right shoulder are so I blew the picture up a bit;

For those of you who might not know, the patch on your right shoulder is supposed to be one of the units that you served in during combat. He’s added a Ranger tab and a Special Forces tab - which is completely unauthorized. Anyone who has ever worn the stuff for real knows which shoulder it goes on.
Here’s what he’s wearing over his left breast;

Yeah, the Combat Infantry Badge is a “Group 1″ badge which means it goes over the Aviator Wings, a “Group 3″ badge. It’s right in the AR 670-1 as an example;

Again, anyone who ever was awarded the CIB knows why it goes above everything else. It’s an exclusive club - one to which the three bloggers here all belong and we get reallly mad at people who wear them and haven’t earned them - ask Geof Millard. I don’t know where every single medal goes, but I know how to wear my own uniform.
I know that a general wearing a Good Conduct Medal is rare - he could have some enlisted time (officers don’t get the GCM because officers are supposed to be good all of the time without a medal) but that’s a long way to travel from three years of enlisted time (a GCM is awarded for three years of not stepping on your junk) to a two-star general. I also noticed that his Distinguished Flying Cross is placed higher than his Silver Star and his Legion of Merit is supposed to be higher than his Bronze Star.
You guys can pick over the medals in the comments if you want. Here’s a link to a .pdf Army Regulations 670-1 Wear and Appearance. And here’s a link to medals. Knock yourself out. I noticed a few other discrepancies - but I’m going blind look at all of this guy’s stuff.
I remember when I taught ROTC at the University of Vermont in the late 80s, uncles and parents would show up in a lot of weird shit at graduation but this guy takes the cake.
I forgot to ask; Is that a really flat beret on his head?
Added: Our tipster sent along a picture of the general’s left side - I’m glad he balanced out the long tab and short tab on both sleeves;

Is that crooked-ass tie part of a general’s uniform, too?
Expect updated posts on this fellow.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=9624

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2009, 06:47 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry A General not-so-much

A General not-so-much

April 30th, 2009
I know you guys remember Brigadier General Baxter from about two weeks ago;

Well, it turns out he was actually in the Army, he even did a year in Vietnam driving landing craft, apparently. But his service was from January 1966 - December 1968, and he left the Army as a Private First Class.
His records show no awards beyond the three medals everyone got for going to Vietnam. It appears that he isn’t even authorized to wear the Good Conduct Medal. Well, here’s his Form 2-1;
Quite bit different from what he’s sporting;
So, here’s his Freedom of Information Act information;
Like I told someone in an email, I really hate to do this to the guy because he is a Vietnam veteran and he served honorably at a crucial time when America needed men like him to step up - he volunteered in the time of a draft and still went to Vietnam. But, damn! A General, a Silver Star? Aviator wings? That CIB really pisses me off, too.

So all of this guy’s stuff is going to the local prosecutor’s office in the morning mail.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=10242

Old 04-30-2009, 07:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

And this POS ( I don't care if he serve 7 tours of duty in RVN, he's still a POS) doesn't have the brains to consult the proper AR's to determine how to wear medals and awards, without raising eyebrows. The unit awards on the right side of his uniform are also incorrectly placed; the Presidential Unit Commendation (PUC) goes above everything. I hope the authorities send this POS to prison for 10 years.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-30-2009, 09:13 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I feel so sorry for the girl. She's probably his granddaughter.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Well, maybe she needs a wake-up call too. I just sent an email to Jonn, asking him if he has notified the FBI so that this POS can be arrested.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 05-01-2009, 05:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

They are both Baxters and she is wearing an ROTC uniform. Sounds like this yayhoo has ruined his granddaughter's high school career. I do feel sorry for her but he is the one who did this to her.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ABNCIB

Hi. Remember me? That's my blog.

Actually, the woman in the picture is his daughter, she's currently a 1LT in the Army. She came on the blog to tell me off for picking on her poor father.

It was a member of the ROTC detachment who sent me the picture because the guy had been hanging around telling his tall tales at the Instructor group while three of his kids went through commissioning there. All three are on active duty.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:03 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Always good to get more information.

Has he stopped?

Did he get prosecuted?

Joy

Old 02-24-2010, 05:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Abncib

Holly $hit....great seeing you back here! Good find on this one. I love all the rockers above the 5th GP patch.

Hope you've been doing well. Sorry about the daughters and love em' for defending their father, but there comes a point you just gotta say...."Dad! WTF!"

Take care my old friend!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 02-24-2010, 07:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Latest Word?

Has there been any further news about the prosecution of this POS? Right now, I'm so sick of these phookin' wannabees that I could become homicidal very easily!