The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2002, 11:18 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Sgt.J

Andy, good to hear from you. Definitely right about a lot of our buddies coming down with cancer due to agent orange, but as a whole, we seem to be beating it. Must be that jungle training.
I thought I did pretty well through the entire procedure - even after the surgery, but about 3 months after the surgery, I started losing it. My wife took notice, threw our clothes in the suitcase, and we've been traveling ever since. I'm doing a lot better now. If it wasn't for you and Packo and Doc and Griz and Marine Vet and Arrow, and the rest of you guys, I don't think I would have made it. The advice I got from you guys was fantastic, and I'll always think of you guys as friends. THANKS !
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2002, 11:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Butch!

I don't give advice, I work for the Government! (LOL)

How freekin' wonderful to not only have you back but that your in remission! Deb will also be real happy to hear this. Think I'll call her immediately!

Welcome back and glad you found us again. I was really beginning to worry.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 03:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Could it be for real Sarg jolly has returned. This is GREAT news. After not hearing from you in so long I assumed the worse. Thank god i was wrong welcome back friend.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default JOLLEY!

What'd I tell ya? Didn't I say most everybody's over here? So glad you were able to find the new base camp okay, and REALLY glad to hear about your health doing so well. Looking forward to hearing about your travels. Always enjoyed your posts.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:24 PM

Thumbs up Hey Sarge!!!

GD it's good to hear from YOU!!! Told you Cap Marines were tougher than cancer! Glad to hear your in remission Brother - That's GREAT news!!

Had my own knife cutting last year for the big 'C' too which was why I was gone from here for a while. Still got some to go, but doing good. Just another 'perk' from the fabulous vacation wonderland of Vietnam!

Ok, enough of the formalities... Glad to hear the wife (tell her I said HI) is typing for you... God knows U cn't spel wrth a s***!!!
LOL

Take Care Brother and stay in touch... You'll be pleased to know that almost all the old crew is here - the sick-o's - I love them all!!!
Have you heard from JJ? Haven't seen hide nor hare of him in a long time...
Later,
Smitty
Old 10-23-2002, 02:11 PM

Sgt.J;

We haven't met but I too went through the "C" about five years ago and so far so good. All I can tell you is to keep a "positive" attitude and that will get you through it. I wish you and your family peace and prosperity.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 09:01 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Sgt.J

Hi to every one. Finally coming out of the weeds - put my head up for a few more shots - fire when ready LOL. Appreciate all your support. Packo - even though you work for the government, your advice helped me make a lot of hard decisions. Really appreciate it. Smitty - glad you're doing ok - keep us posted on the cancer thing. Our prayers are with you. Frisco - kid, you're right - looks like the whole group is hiding in the weeds here. Boats - nice to meet you. Glad you are doing well with the big C thing. Let me introduce myself a little - most of the guys here already know that I was a sergeant in the United States Marine Corps, spent a little time in the bush (Vietnam) in a little village outside An Hoa called Phu Da - trying to make the village a little safer place to live. I was with the Combined Action program and I served with the 11th Marines as well. If you are interested in the Cap Marine program, you can get a pretty good idea of what we did at capmarine.com. Not too many people know about Cap Marines, except the list of guys above that I've been buggong about it for the last 3 years. Marine Vet and a couple of others had on occasion worked close support with them. Would love to hear about your experiences over there - my brother was in the Navy and in Vietnam before I was. so I have great respect for the Navy, especially Corpsmen. Take care - will get back to you later.