The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2003, 11:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Let me get this straight.

I'm hearing all the "Hollywood Celebs", (in their own minds), whining and crying about President Bush wanting to bomb Iraq, kill civillians, and remove Sadamn as President. Am I missing something here? Where were they when:

1. We bombed the People of Yugoslavia, killing civilians

2. Helped to remove the evil dictator Milosovic from power because

3. He was murdering people in his own country.

Oh, yeah, now that I think of it, I think I understand the difference. The people of Yugoslavia were killed by our LIBERAL President, Clinton. Maybe I'm crazy, but seems to be a double standard here. Oh, yeah......and where were all these fine Americans voicing their protest to that war, and racism, and whatever else they were whining about? Just wondering out loud and wondering if anybody else wonders the same thing.

Confused in Beaufort.

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2003, 11:40 AM

Because right now Hollywood thinks it's hip - and that they are getting good publicity. No reason other than greed.
Old 01-28-2003, 11:57 AM

you are right about the jollywood people, but I didn't agree with bombing of Yugoslavia eather but I guess it's just me being a crazy leberal I don't like war.

razz
Old 01-28-2003, 12:17 PM

Default Tom... Tom... Tom...

Please don't tell me you're trying to use logic and common sense to try to understand the going's on in La-La Land with all the Hollywood Celebs. You should know better than that by now!

Remember, these are the same people whose intellectual brain trust has provided America with such stellar entertainment as "The Osbornes" and "Anna Nicole Smith" not to mention that they had the audacity to make PeeWee Herman a movie star! That alone should tell you you're dealing with the mentally defective who have no concept of reality!

Dear confused friend, you have already figured out that in the southern part of the 'left coast' of Hollywood, Liberal Democrat = Good and Conservative Republican = Bad. That's all there is to 'understanding' these political blithering geniuses.

In an effort to ease your confusion, I'll try to 'explain' the differences between Republicans and Democrats for you...

A Republican and a Democrat were walking down the street when they came to a homeless person. The Republican gave the homeless person his business card and told him to come to his business for a job. He then took twenty dollars out of his pocket and gave it to the homeless person.
The Democrat was very impressed, and when they came to another homeless person, he decided to help. He walked over to the homeless person and gave him directions to the welfare office. He then reached into the Republican's pocket and got out twenty dollars. He kept 15 for administrative fees and gave the homeless person five.
Now you understand the difference between Republicans and Democrats.

Hope this helps...
Smitty
Old 01-28-2003, 03:12 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Just my opinion

Bush can't tell where he gets his intel or there would be no intel. He has to be very careful what intel he lets to the inspectors or the people that gave the intel will be dead.
Maybe Bush should just stop and not do anything to Iraq. With the understanding that the next terrorist attack is because of the war protestors, The American lives will be on there hands. Then he would have a huge hammer to hold over the protestors head.
Make no doubt about it there will be a next time so why not blame the hollywood protestors or James.
Ron
Old 01-28-2003, 03:17 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb well

"Cry havoc and let loose the pigs of Peace."
Remember it was this same crowd who were so radical that they destroyed the democratic national convention in '68 resulting in Nixon becoming their president. (Perhaps they didn't think that one through.) Now project that thought process to life in general. They are clearly phockin' nuts, and will continue on that path.

Bottom line is, Grocho Marx made me laugh but I'd have never listened to him for political advise. Factor in that Hollywood is not just another city, it's another planet, a place where reality is considered a crutch.

Ok Tommy now get ready for the Alex Baldwin run for president. Oh wait, he promised to move from the U.S. if G.W. got elected. Where is Baldwin now, anyway?

Hollywood needs to be two faced in their politics. It goes with their being two faced, triple chined (prior the surgery) and having multiple personality disorders. They also can afford the best drugs.

Stay healthy and sane,
Andy
Old 01-28-2003, 04:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Should the 1st Amendment Apply to entertainers?

I thought that maybe we should have a constitutional change that says that professional athletes, and professional entertainers shouldn't be allowed to speak on politics. Its not that they may be right but that way too ofter they may be wrong and many people just don't understand that just because you are a professional athlete or entertainer doesn't mean you are knowledgeable in politics, so to avoid a mental blow out among the young they should be prevented from speaking openly about politics.

Keith
Old 01-28-2003, 10:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Gots to VENT ......

I was going to do a BiG diatribe RE : Our Esteemed and Multi-Journalistic-Talent... Mr. Hardcore..( drum-roll ), but will just do an add-on.

I just clicked on The DrudgeReport ( Did U know that ABC News sent a memo to their staff NOT to use his website for info..they are too damned lazy to LOOK for stuff ! ) and saw Ms. Sarandon's smiling face. I like her as an actress most times, but for GOD-SAKES lady, keep your mouth shut !!!!!! The latest is, she cannot understand what Blair and Bush have to talk about ( how about PROTECTING their citizens from crazed-Islamic-whackos who cannot wait to collect the 71 virgins... ever hear of Ricin, Sarin, Anthrax, radiation ad nauseum ??? )....... This is so F***ING STOOPID, even by their standards, it is beyond the pale...This on top of that unwashed-little-strange-girl-twerp Jeanenin Garofolo ( shit i don't know how to spell it and don't really care .. ) who when asked about Mr. Pol Pot's 3,000,000+ let's-just-kill-every-living-person-except-the-more-perfect-than-everybody-communists-murder-spree in 1975, said, OH NO !!! , you are wrong, American bombs did that... In many cases their careers are going South, or they have stumbled out of Re-hab STONE-SOBER for the first time in years and just want a little publicity...any publicity ..good..bad..or indifferent...just get your name on the front page.... of ANY DAMNED THING !! I have tried to avoid Barbra S., Jeanine G., Susan S., George Clooney, Mike Farrell, Sean Penn, the Baldwin clan, Madonna, and all the rest, but they seem to be everywhere.
Sort of like the Tribbles in Star Trek. Shit, I enjoy movies. I enjoy the HELL out of them..but this kind of nonsense sure does make one think of the b-word...boycott.. yes, that's the ticket. Whatever happened to > intelligent conversation about foreign policy <, based on at least a slight resemblance to facts, from those who are getting $ 20,000,000+ per movie to "ACT" ?? ......Maybe that is it. They are still in "acting" mode. Acting Stupid. Well you have my personal Oscar you incredibly-asinine-empty-headed-idiots !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
( Does anyone have, or know where to find a list that purports to show all of the "Conservatives or "Republicans" or "Non-liberals " associated with Hollywood and the entertainment industry ? Also, is there a list of all the entertainers who went to Afghanistan to entertain troops, or who go around the world regularly like Bob Hope did ? These folks are the TRUE unsung heroes, IMHO.

My blood pressure has went down 20+ points. I need another beer....

Carry on troops,

this is larry just larry......

I will be climbing off my trusty-war-horse-steed, putting up my sword, and taking off my Berserker ( it is my damned Viking blood on both sides of my family tree ) gear soon and will just resume being the mortardude..

all in small letters this time and not capatilized and no shouting...

prayer needed

Seriously....

My wife has gallbladder surgery on Friday and my dear mother is taking a turn for the worse. She has COPD / emphysema, gout, gallstones, itching, cirrohisis of the liver ( auto-immune PBC .. not alcohol caused ) and is on oxygen in her home 24/7/365. The oxygen is not helping her much anymore.

If you want help getting someone to stop their nicotine-addiction, let them talk to me. I have watched it totally-ruin the lives of the two people in this World I love the most.... my Mom and Dad. I have nothing but utter-disdain for anyone involved with the growing-of-producing-of-or-selling-of this product. Canada has started along the right path by jacking up prices 500% and putting actual pictures of diseased lungs, mouth, teeth, and organs in full-color on the package. This a good start.....

There are some of God's most-fiercest-prayer-warriors on this site. It comes right thru my PC sometimes. Powerful stuff !!! I love ALL of you, even the ones I get pissed off at. Yes, James even you..( just joking dude LOL ! ) If you a have few seconds, just remember us in your prayers and I will do likewise for you.

St. Matthew 16
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Old 01-28-2003, 10:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default thanks Smitty !!!

I just sent your Republican / Dumbo-crat story to about a hundred people on the 'Net.... I wish GWB would use it sometimes. Thank You for your service in Vietnam chasing MIGS and Welcome Home Brother !

larry just larry
Old 01-29-2003, 03:37 AM

Larry my heart goes out to you and yours being a care giver 24/7 isn't easy the wife and I know about first hand her mother lived with us for nine years most of the time in the bed we lost her four months ago, Been trying to get my mother to move in but she wont hear of it. my prays go out to your family.

razz