The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2008, 01:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to inhonurofswa
Default How Do You Deal?

I was curious, as I have been in and out of the hospital and different testings, I've been bored so I went to school today and this one class I am in we were discussing what are you passionate about. I wrote down my answer and it was about soldiers learning about them, studying their lives, talking to people about it. But I am definitely not one to raise my hand and give my answer so I was listening to everyone else. How do you deal with people who say they care about the troops who really don't. There is this annoying freshman in my class and she said she was really passionate about the soldiers in Iraq, but then she started laughing and her friend asked her if she really cared about the troops and she said haha h*** no, are they even still in Iraq. I was about to slap her. How do you deal with these people?

taylor
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2008, 02:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Taylor,

GREAT to see you posting again!

You have been missed!

Taylor, you are more mature than a lot of your peers. You have displayed that in your posts in these forums.
I have a God-daughter your age, and while she is a great kid and a good student, she is not as "world-wise" as you are. But time and experience in life will fix that.

That freshman in your class will hopefully grow out of that flippant and immature attitude. and as she does her priorities and values will change.

In the meantime, you have two choices:

You can ignore it, or...

You can see it as an opportunity.

Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year, and that you will continue to be with us here in the forums!

Steve

Steve / 82Rigger
Old 01-26-2008, 02:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Taylor
First of all, I hope everything is OK with you.
Last week here in Indy, A Reservist. sent a company he works for, a Flag that was flown in Iraq along with a certificate explaining his unit function (Medievac). This far left wing HR director thought it would be offensive to display this flag.....Telling other employees that we might offend someone. When an old decrepid Vietnam vet heard about this. His opinion was voiced to these employees, and before the old decrepid crazy-ass Vietnam vet could make it to HR, The HR Director got wind of who about to make an appearance in her office and had a change of heart....The Flag is proudly displayed on the top shelf of the trophy cabinet.......
Its not only the younger generation that thinks this way, We have many stupid jerks in high positions everywhere

God bless the ACLU