Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2007, 09:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Taylor,

Just wondering...

What all did you get to see on your trip to D.C.?

You went to The Wall, and the National Cathedral...anywhere else?

Steve

Steve / 82Rigger
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2007, 03:38 PM

Taylor
Looks like you had a great time in DC. I took Tom (FriscoKid) there in January for his 60th birthday. The Vietnam Wall was the most spectacular thing for me to see. I lost several friends in Vietnam and when I actually saw their names on the wall it brought back many memories. Now that I am back in my hometown I think there is a memorial honoring the Vietnam veterans that died. I will have to have Tom take me down to see it. I too am a veteran during the Vietnam era. I was stationed at Oakland Army Base, thats where I met and married Tom.

You are quite a cutie. Its so nice to have you on the site. Your family must be very proud.

RaggedyAnn
Old 10-23-2007, 06:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to inhonurofswa
Default trip

On the trip we were there for three days. I live about an hour south of Cleveland so it took us awile to get there, we obvisiously drove by bus. We left at like six in the morning. When we got there a lot of sites were closed so we had to just drive by them, then we went to our hotel and then we walked around at night to a bunch of little memorials, it was almost like a square of the town of just these little memorials of different things that happened in history. We went to Vietnam, Lincoln, all the memorials surrounding that area, it was awhile ago so it's hard to remember. We toured this little town on the way down to DC for the Civil war, that tour was about 4 hours. We ate at that huge mall and I got Brave Men, Gentle Heroes, one of my favorite books. We went to a ton of museums I know that, we were in groups of four with a leader and we got to pick what we wanted to do while we were in like the center of the town. It was the best trip I had ever been on, it so beats going to the beach, my family is thinking of going once I get my only week from volleyball, so I can't wait to go back again and go to the Holocaust museum which we didn't have time to go to.

The funniest part of the trip was when my history teacher and my leader clogged their toliet and at 4:45 in the morning my history teacher knocked on the door and since she was rooming with my leader she had a key came in and woke us up saying that she just had to go and that my leader(who is like in her mid sixities) clogged the toliet and she couldn't hold it anymore!!

taylor
Old 10-23-2007, 09:33 PM

Default RE: trip

Great pics thanks Taylor