The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2005, 11:08 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Trust

"It is truly said that to gain trust, one must first deserve and earn trust!"

I just saw an advertisement on the tube that redundantly echoed the word ?TRUST?!?

I found this pharmaceutical advertisement to be somewhat bewildering, as the company in question (like many others of it?s ilk, according to the government?s own documentation - DAIG IN 21-75), was one of those corporations that were involved (at one time or another) in human experimentation!

Now don?t get me wrong - experimentation is the key to advancement in research, but when that experimentation is involuntary and surreptitious in nature, and the human guinea pigs are not aware of any possibly damaging or fatal consequences, then the line that separates humanity from the beasts, has definitely been crossed!

As for those who make entire careers out of the anal osculation of their in-bred, bureaucratic partners in crime, I have nothing but righteous contempt! For these are the social maggots who value gain, adancement and peer acceptance, above humanity, fair play and even truth itself!

I have always found it greatly disturbing to witness just how many semi-human cusses (those who erroneously claim to possess integrity), are the first to demand trust from other people? ?As a matter of fact, these human feces, more often than not, insist upon this unquestioning trust from those whom they betray and double cross on a regular basis!?

For example, in my own dealings with the Veterans Administration (and certain other bureaucratic entities), I have sometimes found the above to be unfortunately true! And more is the shame that this type of treachery is often rewarded (and not punished) amidst the powers that be!

But alas: ?I have long since learned that trust is, more often than not, the very first victim of a harsh reality!? (hrt- 3/6/05)

VERITAS
Old 03-07-2005, 08:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

We discussed "Trust" as one of the 12 steps of PTSD at the Vet Center today. I haven't been in quite awhile, and it was good to be back. Lots of different ideas about this concept. We were asked is there anybody in this world that you trust unconditionally. Not many hands went up. I said my mother. Reminds me when my Sheltie used to lay on the floor on her back and show me her stomach. That was trust.

Larry
Old 03-08-2005, 04:38 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Well put Larry....

Rick
Old 03-08-2005, 11:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Trust Wow, that's a difficult subject. Trust also comes varying levels.
Do I trust my bank, yeah, somewhat or my money wouldn't be there.
Do I trust most people I have worked with, with exception of while I was in the Navy, no. There were to many self agendas.
Did I trust my shipmates, yes, and more so the guys in my division.
I do trust most folks here at this site, sight unseen. To answer why is a bit tough. I'm sure it has to do with the situation here that most are Veterans.
Family? Wife, yes. Parents and In-laws yes, brother and sister are on a case by case issue.
My Doctors? Private more so than the VA, but I've known my private Doctors a lot longer.

I'm pretty doubtful about most people. I can't stand being in any kind of a large crowd. Uncontrolled situations bother me, malls, shopping centers of most kinds. Funny, but at base ball games I feel a bit more secure. Dr. says it's because most people are in seats and the game has set rules.
I'm working on this, problem. It really started gettingh bad when I got out of Law enforcement. Last 20 years were spent as a Correction Officer. Tends to make one a bit paranoid.
Seems a slight bit of mis trust has kept me safe all these years. I watch my back a bit more than I should...

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:17 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question

"VARYING LEVELS OF TRUST" is a good analogy indeed!

This could also imply, however, that their exists varying levels of honor, integrity, honesty, dedication and truth, could it not? These are, after all, the qualities that garner and deserve real trust?

Unfortunately, these human traits are all too often lacking among those who control the reins!!

VERITAS
Old 03-09-2005, 10:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Quote:
Originally posted by HARDCORE "VARYING LEVELS OF TRUST" is a good analogy indeed!
This could also imply, however, that their exists varying levels of honor, integrity, honesty, dedication and truth, could it not? These are, after all, the qualities that garner and deserve real trust?
Unfortunately, these human traits are all too often lacking among those who control the reins!!
VERITAS
Yes, I would have to say that you are right in all aspects.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 06:22 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy

SparrowHawk62

"UNFORTUNATELY!"

VERITAS