The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2003, 04:06 PM

Default Mother-In-Laws (not a joke)

A few years back ( cant remember ) Karen lost her Mother ( my common law marriage Mother In Law).

That touched me as much , if not more, than Karen.

I loved that woman very much during the very short 12 years that I knew her.

Last Week 1/15 my EX,s mom passed in her sleep while laying in my Son arms , in Ohio.

That there was another Woman I had great respect for.

I called my Ex and asked to do one thing at the viewing for me, that being , lean over her and kiss her forhead and say goodbye from me Doug.

She promised she would do it and I hold that very precious to me.

All in All, Two of the most wonderful persons I have ever had the priviledge to know has left to the better side, but they will always be in my heart.

Mother In Laws are wonderful, if you get to know them.

enough................and God Bless BOTH
Old 01-20-2003, 04:20 PM

Amen.

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 06:32 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I understand completely.

I miss my ex's Dad. We were only married for 3 years but even after the divorce he kept in touch. He has been dead for 25 years and now I only miss him when I think of him.

Joy
Old 01-20-2003, 07:26 PM

Sorry for your loss Reeb, I think I know what you feel. We lost Granny about 15 years ago.

She was warrior. Granny raisedeight children in the Blythe Ark. area by herself. ...Did this in-spite of having one short leg and absolutely no education. She owned one cow and share cropped.

When the older children moved to Illinois for jobs she came with them and worked as a waitress for many more years. Through her guidance all of her children grew up to be contributing and successful members of society.

This uneducated share cropper had more heart, strength, stamina, and common sense than a room full of Harvard/Yale graduates. And she could teach you more life lessons than anyone of them. She gave me an insight into a world that most Americans never see or hear about. When she told stories of her hardships they were never laced with complaints, but rather filled with pride in having been able to get through those rough times. She had one phylosophy... it was "Can do". She would have made one hell of a soldier.

I don't miss her now, because almost daily, I see her legacy all around me.

So here's a great big thank you to all the great mother-in-laws..
Old 01-21-2003, 06:45 PM

My grandmother sounds like your Granny Ken. She had one leg shorter than the other because of a broken hip which happened in a collision when she was 5 years old. It could never be set correctly because of the limited technology. The birth of her three children was an ordeal in itself because of the way the hip mended. Yet with little formal education raised the children in very desperate times. She emigrated to Australia with my grandfather to start a new life while ALL the rest of her family moved to the USA.

Thank God she did else I wouldn't be here today!!!!!
Old 01-22-2003, 07:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I had a really great mom-in-law as well. She was a WWII war bride out of Liverpool UK, and had many a tale to tell about all that, as she was a teen-age police dispatcher during the worst of the bombing. She went on home early and I figure she was just worn out for there was no particular reason for her passing. Being a funny and warm person was her hallmark and of course being from Liverpool, she was wild as a March hare and fiery, spunky and feisty as all get out. Just my kind of Gal for sure. Her name was Charlotte and was my good pal.

Scamp
Old 01-23-2003, 02:22 PM

I have more fun and am closer to my wife's family than my own. Dianne's mom died just before Christmas in 1990, and I miss her.

I miss the trips and visits to Buffalo, the friendly neighbors she had, the good times with all the relatives, and I miss crashing on her front porch after driving the 550 miles to get there.

We still go to the Buffalo area, but it's just not the same.......

Jeff
Old 01-24-2003, 10:05 AM

Mother-in-Laws. I can't complain I had a great one. She's gone now but what a woman. Never got involved in anyones family problems, never offered any advise (unless asked) and was one hell of a good cook!!!!

They don't make many women like her that's for sure. Hear that Ma I miss you and your cooking! Rest in peace and by the way your daughter is doing fine and she's turned out to be a good cook too!

Miss Ya

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 01-24-2003, 10:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

I have a wonderful mother-in-law. She even tries to understand my warped humor. Doesn't get it but is a great lady.

Sorry about your losses.

Keith