Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2018, 10:14 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking Chin Music

2-20-2018

(Facts, and not opinions)

“The United States of America” was not built upon talk alone – or even chin-music if you prefer! It was constructed upon a rock-solid foundation and actual deeds – some of them good, but unfortunately, some of them also faulty. No country, after all, has not had its fair share of stumbles along its road to stardom, and in this respect, we too have screwed up royally on numerous occasions! “It is, however, what you learn from your mistakes that determines any nation’s longevity!”

There is an old saying that goes: “A journey of a thousand miles is begun with but a single step!” Not with titles, and certainly not with bull-excrement either, but rather with actual deeds, courage, tenacity, and the abandonment of all of the other nation-destroying habits that so quickly became a part of the norm within those now defunct (or waning) empires of yore!

So answer this repetitive question for me: “What makes any up and coming nation truly believe that they can constantly make the same mistakes that have brought other countries to their knees in times past, and the end results are going to be any different now - Does history teach us nothing at all?”

In short – We definitely have what it takes to be everlasting, baring some unforeseen act of God and/or Nature! “What we do with it, however, is still entirely up to us - and us alone!”

Hardcore
Old 02-21-2018, 07:15 AM

HC I've never heard the phrase chin music - I had to look it up.

Note: In American slang, chin music is a term for idle talk. It dates back at least a century: "There's too much chin music an' too little fightin' in this war, anyhow" is a quote from Stephen Crane's 1895 novel The Red Badge of Courage. It can alternatively be used as a euphemism for punching someone in the jaw.

Iron Age

In conclusion, we are happy to meet you in the mountains of this grand old State, whose people were among the first, in 1774, to demand justice at the hands of the mother country, and failing therein, to join the other colonies, in 1776, in the Declaration of Independence; in the midst of a heroic and noble people, who sent 127,000 men- to the field of battle in .... the excellent addresses by the eloquent orators who have preceded me, I feel like a lost chord in this harmony of chin music.

HC - I never heard the expression before so I just to look it up. Interesting many versions of this expression have been used for many years.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote