The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2018, 08:31 AM

Arrow To my fellow service members

It's 0955 - To my fellow Active & Veteran service members

Good Morning One and All - we are all celebrating another day. It's been a little while since I've dropped you all "Best Wishes" and again we Thank You for your Service to our Country.

As you know I post periodically and sometimes I can be a real pain in the ass to a few.
But regardless of the BS we are all Brother's & Sister's doing what most don't want to do.

You will be amazed how fast your service days will fly by. Maybe not right now but when your my age like many other's we often find ourselves reflecting on those day's when we were in. Some good and some bad. As you know you can normally relate to everyone's stories now and then. The camaraderie you share at this very time - will stay with you long after your service days.

Periodically at our VFW Post you can see the immediate bonding of your older Brother's who share stories and discussions as only Veterans can do. Regardless of rank or service affiliation it becomes like a family gathering of which few can ever relate to.

We are the fortunate survivors of times long past. We reflect on our youth and the losses of many good friends. These service connections that we make bond us together in good times and bad times. Later we realize just how traumatic they were and find ourselves reflecting on those hard days. The best way to relieve these episodes is to join either the American Legion or VFW in your hometowns. They can help you work your way through the nightmares and help you find a better place to be.

When you get out - go to your Local VA Medical Center's and sign up. Here to you will get an ID Card and see many of us getting general physicals - eye exams - shot's - and many other benefits. Bring your discharge papers and an ID and that's it. Let's say its a start!

Check your local phone book and find a Local VFW or American Legion Post in your area. Drive over go in have a beer and check it out. It's a start and you will quickly feel comfortable being with those who've served. You will also get a lot of good pointer's from the older guys as they've run the system and can give you more details on your benefits that are available and where to go.

Well guy's I will let you go - I don't have any good jokes today. But one last recommendation sign up here on Dave's site: www.patriotfiles.com it's also a good place to start. Dave - HC and RECO and many other's will help in any way they can.

Have a Great Day

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links