The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2003, 10:31 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question A Thesis In Bull Shit?

I was hunting around looking for some interesting news to sink my fangs into, when I happened upon an article that sounded more like the beginnings of a sickening-sweet fairytale than a critique of an election!

Hey, did you know that Arnold Schwarzenegger was born 6000 miles away from the California scene, in a picturesque little town nestled high in the rolling hills of Austria? And that the Terminator?s friends are not at all euphoric about this election as, and I quote: ?Because this is what Arnold :cl: is always doing - ?WINNING!??

Ah yes, there it is in all of its magnificent splendor, a peaceful and quiet Austrian Valley, far more peaceful than it was some six decades ago I am sure , where the church bell has just struck twelve, and a farmer is herding his cattle up a deserted street!

The piece went on to reference a quaint yellow building, atop a splendiferous little hill in which Arnold spent his youth! The old gal now occupying the home said that she was not too happy over the fact that a multitude of journalists and tourist are flocking to the area to view this historic (?) site! ?Hey man, is their a manger there too, or a star clinging to the heaven far above to mark the spot??

Now get this - All of a sudden, as if staged, a minivan pulled up in front of this quaint little yellow house, out jumped some tourists (I wonder if they came baring gifts, frankincense perhaps), and before you could utter the words ?Gee Golly?, one of these agog visitors shouted out: ?I am a Republican and I know Arnold will win, so I decided to come see his hometown", camera in hand and clicking naturally! (Be still my quivering heart!!)

Now it wouldn?t surprise me a bit if Schwarzenegger took home all of the marbles, but I personally could give a damned less how enthralled these tourist were, or whether they fell to their knees in awe before this historical (?) site, tucked away in ?Hitler?s Old Haunts!"

Like the writer of that piece (a major network producer) said: "Austria is 6000 (long) miles away", and in my opinion, all of the romanticizing in Hell (or Austria) don?t make this man a saint, not by a long shot! ?Hey, everybody has to be born someplace, and have a hobby or two!!?

In one of the filthiest elections in a long time (at least until 2004), and that is going some, the people of a ?Hurting California? could care less less about some (foreign) quaint little town, the darling little yellow house, or the rustic little setting that ?Mr. Hang Around? hails from!? As a matter of fact, none of those (alleged) ?Politically In-Correct Connection, grab-asstic antics, movie star fame, or what the hell ever?, is going to pull California away from the brink!

Promises are being made, and by thunder, no matter who gets elected, they damned well had better stand and deliver. ?Recalls are, after all, like a double-edged sword - they cut in both directions!?

If Arnold, or whoever (Davis, Bustamonte, Huffington etc) does the job that they were hired to do, then to hell with all of the political fluff and bullshit, as that is the individual that I will back for California Governor! ?Talk, after-all, is dirt cheep! It takes money to buy bread!?

Now if you will excuse me, I will retire to my quaint little trailer, amidst the scenic splendor of the border, replete with its sagebrush, coyotes, buzzards, rattlesnakes and illegals. A place where I can contemplate the Alps, Hollywood, the governor?s office and, most of all - Disneyland!!

?And for the record, there ain?t a damned thing in Austria that we can not surpass in beauty, splendor and awe, right here in America!?

VERITAS
Old 10-07-2003, 10:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default HC

Your thesis is appropriately titled. It's a shame it can't be converted from electronic BS into a more usable commodity, so I could apply it to my lawn.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 10:51 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

SC-

To each his own! Everyone has their own brand of Bull Shit, now don't "WE"!!

"Your own lawn must be pretty green by now!!"

VERITAS
Old 10-07-2003, 11:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sure HC......

This has been an ugly and dirty bit of business for sure and I don?t know if Arnold or any one else can handle the action in Sacramento. Somehow or another I get the feeling of a Jack and the bean stock saga and maybe the giant wins this time. Virtually all the Western States have ten toes over the line of bankruptcy and maybe this whirlwind called a ?recall? will help to pull the covers off the entire western mess and get the bright light of day in on the act. The reality that we can?t be all things to all people has to take root sooner or later and maybe this is the time, maybe. As to Arnold the man, who knows. I thought he made a great ?terminator? and would be content to let it go at that. But I?m not in the vote pool so I have nothing to say about any California choice other than good luck, good hunting and watch out for the giant.

Scamp
Old 10-07-2003, 12:15 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Ah yes, the good ole "Manger Syndrome"... (I believe they've got a post-modern one going up as we speak somewhere in Little Rock?).

Someone probably once said that a complacent people get what they deserve... and we shall soon see what it is that will be the reward.

Wonder what the Bookie line is offering out Nevada way...

And, by printing the thread on paper, pulverizing it and wetting, makes quite a good mulch... holding in water and keeping out weeds. Not much as a fertilizer though...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote