The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2004, 05:41 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

1CAV,

Self-inflicted clap??!! Is that what they mean by the old saying, "Never let your right hand know what your left hand is doing?"
Old 11-17-2004, 12:28 AM

Just like in Vietnam, the clap comes in three varieties, by order of rank:

Enlisted men get the clap.

NCOs get gonorrhea..

Officers get non-specific urethral infection.

Quote:
Originally posted by 1CAVCCO15MED It's imitation clap and you have to apply it yourself. I sent the Russian Guy an e-mail telling him I was flattered guys in Russia would reenact Vietnam. I told them their outfits were better than the US reenactors. I told him the clothing needed to be more worn and dirty. He sent me a reply: "Dear Fred, Thank youfor your e-mail. We are located and operated in St. Petersburg, Russia. The Group was formed for people who have a genuine interest in the Vietnam War. Our slogan is "In memory of all US soldiers who died in Vietnam". I feel great respect to you for your service and your heroism. Thank you! We are inviting you to our town."
I think that is just the nicest thing. I plan to answer him and invite him and his buddies to come to the Partiot Files and talk to us.
"No one has greater love than this; to lay down one's life for one's friends.". John 15:13
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 09:42 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Renacat Vietnam, why do I need to see reenactments of Vietnam, had a front row seat if I remember correctly. Did my three tours and pretty well know how to tell what is real, and what isn't. Think I'll just keep the memories I have, and keep them where they belong, don't need to relive them. Ron your comment is right on brother Ivy Leaguer

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 11-17-2004, 11:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Lessee now, all Russians, even those that hated Communism and respect Vietnam vets so much they want to in some small way feel what it was like, can kiss your ass because the Soviets supported the NVA and VC. Jane Fonda and John Kerry are Americans who gave aid to the NVA and VC so I guess all Americans should kiss you ass too. Don't worry, I'm not going to bring someone here who respects us that much just to be insulted. Forget it.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:09 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Smile Fred

Just got two e-mails, they are from Peter Kolasinski and Wojtek G'orecki, both from Poland. American (not English), is the most popular second language. These guys what to know EVERY THING about what is was like. They seem to be stuck in the 60s and want to hear about what songs were most popular, did lots of girls really dress like that (mini-mini skirts) and why was the war so unpopular. (They know the official line but want to know the "truth".)

Told them that beer was $.10 a can and we sometimes got it for free. Same was true for a pack of Marlboro's. A bottle of Vodka, in the PX, was $1.15 and hookers were as inexpensive as $.50. Also told them that at the time I was making $265 per month. They wanted to know why I didn't stay there longer?

Also told them about a couple of friends who died and how they died. They want photo's and anything else so they can set up a memorial! They are 173rd freaks, so it's 173rd people they are interested in. They also told me I could get to Poland without a stop over in France. Seems they are also up on current affairs. They made it very clear they hate the God damn Russians and always will.

Stay healthy, Thanks Fred,
Andy
PS: Next e-mail I'll ask them about the clap.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Andy
I have one question
Where did you find $.50 Hookers?
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-18-2004, 12:09 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default 50 cent

There were very few natives who lived between Tay Ninh and the Cambodian boarder in '67, guess inflation hadn't hit by then. Plus, any short time girl who would take 50 cents were the old ones, 18 or more and they were the ones who chewed betel nuts. Remember betel nuts?

Also, in '69 in Saigon we had a group of girls collectively called "mumbles". They were deaf mutes. They hung around the docks and late at night would show their oral proclivity at a very discount rate.

Yes, I saw the medics more than once.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 11-18-2004, 01:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Damn Andy,I Spent alot of time in and around Tay Ninh and the cheapest I found was 2 dolla (1967) But then again I always checked out clean......You get what you pay for
So those girls were deaf mutes....Well hell, I thought they were just shy
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-18-2004, 03:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I guess I was in the minority in this group...I didn't engage in any
piastres or MPC for sexual favors....come to think of it, didn't have too many opportunities...

Is anyone anywhere doing Korean War re-enacting ?

Interesting website..

Larry