The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2004, 05:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Saturday ...

My Mom's toaster oven died after ( my guess ) at least 20 years of service..at least that is what the inside looked like....( don't tell her I said that )...I can't convince her to get a microwave...

Anyway she decided we had to drive quite a ways to my un-favorite place to shop, Wal-Mart. We shopped for an hour and she did real well...and even bought a microwave !!! However, the replacement toaster oven doesn't work, and I get to take it back ...bummer !!!

My mother's health is very good now, and I am very thankful. My sister is flying in with one of her daughters from North Carolina for 5 days over Thanksgiving, and I am looking forward to seeing them again.

I finished getting the rest of my pack-rat stuff from the attic last night, so I am through with the old house. My wife made her usual negative remarks and had one good one at the end about me coming over tomorrow and getting both my sons for my 56th birthday... Both of their vehicles are currently not drivable ( don't ask )....I really hope I do not see her again unitil the divorce papers are signed...

My mother has been alone for the past 18 years, but had crafts and craft shows to keep her occupied for maybe 12 years of that time. Since she has been on oxygen, she has for the most part been a shut in, but can still drive some..but has to be careful about going outside...Even with all her physical problems and arthiritis, she is still making quilts !

It was a good day.

Larry
Old 11-20-2004, 07:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Man, I don't know what those guys do that don't have a loving family. I would go completely nuts. Wait a minute, I already did that! Maybe beserk.