The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2004, 11:17 AM

Default Gulf War Syndrome - Everyone needs to help

http://www.valdezlink.com/no_difference.htm

Is it true that those who do studies don't believe there is any more harm to the Gulf War vets ... ie Gulf War Syndrome group...than the regular population?

For that to be the case, there has to be an awful lot of the general public harmed, too.

That, in fact, may be more the reality.
http://www.valdezlink.com/many_things.htm

OR no one who is primarily harmed by 2-butoxyethanol is getting an accurate diagnosis, and only the secondary ailments are getting the 'credit'

These are just one subset of many - who need to be studied.

Well, after more info from the Gulf War Vets discussion forum, http://www.valdezlink.com/no_help.htm

For any whose tireness is from red blood cell damage - example

An e-mail request to the CDC

on Flu Symptoms

Traces of blood in urine? *

Diarrhea then Constipation?

Seizures Fainting Dizziness *

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2004, 12:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to travisab1

Mother Margaret;
Part of my problems were those damn 22 almost consecutive shots I had to take before I went to Saudi back in 1991 as a Merchant Marine delivering all those class A & B explosives to Bihran & Adamman, (Spelling).

It had to be something to do with the shots, (GWS). I haven't been the same since. The first time I went there they let us walk around in town and mingle with the people. The 2nd time they wouldn't even let us off the ship. They even posted a guard at the foot of the gangway with a machine gun mounted on the cab of his little LUV.

I don't remember how many shots we had to take all together but it was an awful lot more that the 1st 22 shots.

I didn't put this together until after I went to one of those URL's you provided links to above. I've been taking all sorts of pills for Anxioty, depression, pain sometimes out of this world and it ain't gettin' any better.

I wonder how many shots those Veteran's who were fighting in (DS & D Shield) had to take total time served? The after effect may have come from those damn shots. I've got it so bad and I didn't walk over 5 to 10 miles total time in Saudi. Those Veteran's who had to stay there and fight didn't stand a chance. Native born Iraqi's/Saudi's don't get Gulf War Syndrome. Some of them got a little dead but that wasn't from a syndrome.

Got any more Idea's how or where this syndrome may have come from?

I originally put this message in the wrong place. Stupid me.

Regards,
Travis

I could sure use another one right about now...
Old 01-18-2004, 02:11 AM

Default Thanks for sharing

Never heard of some of that before!

Some people suspect the shots; some suspect many other things; however, the reason I focus on 2-butoxyethanol (aka ethylene glycol ether) is that it does all the things ... by itself ... that are known as the 'package of gulf war syndrome'

In fact, if you don't have this odd package of symptoms, I would NOT consider 2-butoxyethanol

In lay terms, do you feel like this?

There are some known exposures for the troops to this and 2-(2-butoxyethanol) aka diethylene glycol monobutyl ether - DGME and I'm waiting now to hear back from the Dept of Defense or the group that wrote the report. . . but you would be amazed at how many, many products contain such, and in unsafe amounts for home use (anything over 5% ... then they throw in a percentage by weight & I don't know how much more that might be).

I believe the problem shows up more in war time because troops are cleaning weapons daily and not wearing the right personal protective equipment as suggested per MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) Goggles are most important! ... just as one example

PLUS how many other exposures might they be getting? Did you know that Jet Fuel 5 is labeled as a pesticide?

PS, Travis, I wouldn't take anything in the way of medications that weren't absolutely essential. If your body is 'tripping out' from too much chemicals, what do you think medications are?

Any helps here?

on Flu Symptoms

Old 01-18-2004, 07:18 AM

Mother Margaret;
I went to those URL's you mentioned above. The VA has been working on me going on 4 years now in several states including Indianapolis, West Virginia and Virginia with very little results. They seem to think I'm going over the edge.

I have an awful lot of those same symptoms mention at a couple of those websites you gave links to. I have another appointment the 20th. I'll bring up some of these new things I've recently learned.

Other than being constantly stressed out with no ambitions and very little strength like I use to have I constantly want to sleep all the time. There are several other things I'll not go into that wasn't mentioned on those URL's.

After I see the doctors this week I'll have a little more understanding of the next steps to take. If they don't confine me.
I don't take any BS from them and the last time I went a couple of weeks ago one my doctors and her accomplice told me that I was becoming a bit radical.

Regards,
Travis

Old 01-18-2004, 08:42 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy

FOR THE RECORD -

I don't know for sure (although I firmly suspect) that these shots were (at least) partially the culprit (as per your above piece - GWS), but it does not end there?

One Personal Experience That Comes To Mind Was Back in 1978 or 1979 - My wife drove me to the "Fresno VA Hospital" - I was very ill!! And while there, I was given a time-release injection that I was informed was for pain?! It did nothing for the pain, but the very next morning when I awoke, all of the hair from my legs and arms was in the bed beside me, no longer attached to my body! The hair upon my head was also greatly thinned, and it too was now on the sheets! (And this is a matter of record!)

Now I don't know what in the Hell was in that time-released shot, but what I do know is that, even though witnessed, no record of that shot or even that particular visit to the VA now exists! As a matter of fact, several years? worth of visits during that time had been deleted! And only later, and after bitching up a storm to Congress and the media, did portions of my VA records during that time miraculously re-surface, minus that shot and that particular visit of course (Some truth and honor on the VA's part)?

We all know that some "Hinky-BS" has gone on at some VAs, as well as what occurs in the military itself at times!! This is bad enough, but to compound the already sad situation, record destruction is not a neo phenomenon amidst these people, far from it in fact (re- Recent Pentagon Flap, DAIG-IN 21-75 & COS 385 etc., etc)

"Unfortunately, however, this is 'SOP' in some segments of the Mili-Governmental System, from top to bottom, and more's the shame!!"

Where in experimentation, record alteration and destruction, intimidation, threats, lies and denial, rests any honor?! As to a few, a three-piece suit, a military-medical frock, rank, nor accolades & titles alone, can instill integrity where none exists!

VERITAS
Old 01-18-2004, 08:55 AM

Distinctions
Special Projects POM Staff Contributor 

travisab1, there is a slew of info under the forum topic Gulf War.
I have put a few links here - please check over there for more.

Many items found there to help u find the answers you need:

http://www.ngwrc.org/Facts/default.htm

http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/sh...745#post138745
Old 01-18-2004, 10:10 AM

Thumbs up Hardcore Shots were(at least) & Bernbenjamin's URL's

:cd:
Hardcore;
Those shots, (at Least) partially the culprit. I remember when coming out of the Red Sea in I think February 1991. As we hit the Indian Ocean from the Red Sea oil slicks from Kuwait that that Bas@#rd poured into the Gulf after burning X # of oil wells that we finally have confined somewhere in Iraq were crossing the Mouth of The Red Sea.

As we pulled into Adahman, (SP), It was hot, the wind was blowing so hard and the sand and smoke filled the air so thick that the sun looked like a little orange ball in the sky and you could look at it with your naked eye. The smoke was hard to breath. I can't imagine how our Veteran's could live under these conditions. It's coming back to me now. That smoke and the waters having to be cleaned with floating filters ETC... I don't know how anybody could live in that mess very long. It was hard enough to find your enemy, killing them had to be a bitch.

Bernbenjamin;
I was going to cut and past some lines in the Doctors testimony in one of the 2 links you provided for me. on Baumzweiger testimony below.

Testimony of William E. Baumzweiger
Neurology and Psychiatry

As I sought to see what I'd copy and past here I found I'd have to copy and past his entire testimony, so I left it where it is. The whole testimony from what I could desifer from those $2.00 words he was using hit most of my problems right on the nose.

Thanks for the links. Now all I've got to do is get most of my doctors to read into it and you know how these doctors are, No-one is a better authority on the problems that I have than they. I hope I can get them to look. Everytime I try to refer them to the web they tell me they're not allowed to use the computers to surf the web and that most of the sites I go to are filled with garbage. I wish I could get their undivided attention to listen to me and go on the web with me just for 30 minutes of their time. You know how Doctors are, Nothing is better than them.

Thanks folks for your attention and information. I do have some ammunition to hit them with. Now I've just got to get them to take notice.

Regards,
Travis

Old 01-18-2004, 10:26 AM

Default Thank you all for sharing

We are all on the same side of the fence - wanting an accurate diagnosis and help for these ailments. So sorry to hear about the difficulty in communicating with your doctors & all the rest.

Travis, this is worth copying and asking the doctor if they would order whatever bloodwork checks these items

If your 'sleeping all the time' is from red blood cell damage (as 2-butoxyethanol causes) that would be one symptom.

on Flu Symptoms

Old 01-18-2004, 10:52 AM

Mother Margaret;
I've gone to these links now. I've saved them to my favorites in a folder I call Gulf War Syndrome.
There is far too much information to print out. The best I can hope for is to get some or at least one of those doctors to look at it. I've got a few Veteran's worker's E-Mails but they're not doctors. All I can do is what I can. It's easy to pass those URL's to them in E-Mails but for their personal E-Mail addresses you'd think I was asking to borrow their car or boat. If they can't surf the net at the VA they can at least do it at home. Their pretty close minded, so closed I wonder how they got their degrees. They don't seem to want to learn any thing new anymore. I'll find out for sure the 20th, my doctors appointment.

Regards,
Travis