The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2005, 02:08 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry D happy birthday bluehawk My youngest brother has the 4th also as a birthday we had him convinced for several years that everyone celebrated his birthday till he got old enough to read then he knew the fireworks stands wern't selling just for his birthday
I used to think the same thing

I was maybe 7 or 8 before I got the hang of it...

One of my cousin's entire family has a huge fireworks tent back home every single year... they make about $5000 clear in a week's time... and we all go down and help them sit the thing.

Check out what 82Rigger posted:

http://www.maylin.net/Fireworks.html
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2005, 02:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hey Blue......

Scamp
Old 07-05-2005, 04:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Blue!

Happy Birthday to you and America! Many more for both.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 07-05-2005, 04:22 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

BH
Happy B-day
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 07-05-2005, 05:17 AM

Hawk - I hope you had a swell Birthday. Was sicker than a dog over the holiday - back at work today feeling a little better but it sure did a number on me.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 07-05-2005, 11:31 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

It means a lot to hear from ya'll...

Wasn't "sea-sickness" were it, Boats?

Can't be losin' a Chief of the Boat here...

Take 'er easy everyone.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:59 PM

Just old age and not taking care properly. It's something that I get about every two years. When it hits it just hangs in there no mattter what I do.

Wife chases me out of the house when I'm sick cause she just can't stand the idea of her catching what I get. Naw she Love's me and really gets worried when the snake bites me.

I hope you had a good Birthday? Do you still get a cake? I know my grand-kids have a fit if their Nana and Papa doesn't have a cake for them to eat. Should feel better in couple days - have a good one.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 07-05-2005, 02:12 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by Boats Just old age and not taking care properly. It's something that I get about every two years. When it hits it just hangs in there no mattter what I do.

Wife chases me out of the house when I'm sick cause she just can't stand the idea of her catching what I get. Naw she Love's me and really gets worried when the snake bites me.

I hope you had a good Birthday? Do you still get a cake? I know my grand-kids have a fit if their Nana and Papa doesn't have a cake for them to eat. Should feel better in couple days - have a good one.
I hear THAT!

ShaSha, my eldest daughter, sent me a whole Red Velvet cake (southern thang) by mail from New York city :ek:

Lady Blue cooked us some fried squash and skinned chicken breasts for supper, and we then waited for the fireworks cease-fire to happen... which it did around 2AM.

I haven't got chased out of the house yet, but now I know what to expect.

I'll just get the cat under my arm and depart when that day comes.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:33 PM

Saginaw - hmm only one I know is in Michigan. Also known as the bean capital. Used to drive there frequently to go to GM foundry are you in this area?

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 07-05-2005, 02:43 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by Boats Saginaw - hmm only one I know is in Michigan. Also known as the bean capital. Used to drive there frequently to go to GM foundry are you in this area?
That's the one... we had the famous Bean Bunny neon sign down on Niagara street (do NOT ask me to explain what I'm doin' in this Yankee territory )

"We're" also known here for sugar beats and, of course (in bygone days) for our fine lumber mills and automative metal casting + tool & die facilities.

Prior to that, and the many beans, the Saginaw-Ojibway people lived in peace here.

Reckon none of us has seen the last of the international community global economy, eh?