The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2005, 12:35 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Saddam accepted UAE exile plan to avert Iraq war-TV

This article appeared in the Reuters News Service web site. http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...DDAM-EXILE.xml
and then was posted on prisonpplanet.com with the notation at the start of the article (italicized). http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...5exileplan.htm

Although the article may be disinformation as well as information it seems to fit into the pattern that has been argued against on this forum and proposed by a few (like myself) that we are living in a country governed by power hungry political brokers with no concern for what is right or wrong,no care for the common man that sheds blood and dies. Remember that the Republicans and Democrats (in Washington specifically) are cut from the same cloth. It doesn't matter what side you look at it's the same cloth and it is woven from the threads of lies and deception. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! Our Country is being hijacked right from under our noses! All I can say is stop posting opinions and start trying to find the facts and post what you find so we can discover the truth. Or at least post your sources for your opinions. We can not survive on opinions. Rally to the Battle Cries of "Remember the survivors of the 3/7 Cav at the Battle of Baghdad" , "Remember New Orleans and the FEMA Lie" . We must act with sincerity and honest intention to find out the truth. No more name calling, no more BS about Demos and Repubs, no more failure on our part to protect the Constitution of the country we love. If you think I'm full of it that's OK with me but before you walk away shaking your head in dismay, explain why our fighting forces are so intent on capturing terrorists halfway across the world while our borders and ports remain wide open. Is that a paradox or what? If you don't believe the 3/7 Cav suffered massive casualties in Baghdad and the media was complicit in the coverup, listen to this WMF file ( http://www.cloakanddagger.de/shows/w...E_CM_10135.mp3 ) or GOOGLE "Captain May" and "Ghost Troop". If you are afraid of online viruses I'll e-mail you the file. Just investigate. All right enough ranting here's the article.

Doc Urb

Saddam accepted UAE exile plan to avert Iraq war-TV

Reuters | October 29 2005

Comment: We reported on this before the war even started and were called conspiracy theorists for doing so. The Neo-Cons would have never allowed it to happen because they wouldn't have had the excuse to bomb the country into oblivion and then hand out no bid rebuilding contracts to their cronies. That is more important to them than 2,000+ American troops and hundreds of thousands of dead innocent Iraqis.

DUBAI (Reuters) - Deposed Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein had secretly accepted a last-minute plan to go into exile to avert the 2003 Iraq war, but Arab leaders shot the proposal down, Al Arabiya television reported on Friday.

UAE President Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al-Nahayan made the proposal for Saddam to go into exile at an emergency Arab summit just weeks before the U.S.-led war began in March 2003.

But the 22-member Arab League, led by Secretary-General Amr Moussa, refused to consider the initiative.

"We had got the final agreement from the different parties, the main players in the world and the person concerned -- Saddam Hussein -- within 24 hours," Mohammed bin Zayed, deputy head of the UAE armed forces and crown prince of Abu Dhabi, told the UAE-based channel in a documentary.

"So we were coming to put facts on the table, and there would have been results had it been discussed," he said.

Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak says in the documentary that the United States had signaled its support for the proposal.

The documentary says the Iraqi delegation at the summit in Egypt had been unaware of Saddam's "secret consent" to the plan, which Iraqi Foreign Minister Naji Sabri dismissed as "silly".

It was not clear why Arab opposition alone scuppered the arrangements, which Al Arabiya said would have seen Saddam go into UAE exile with a promise of protection from legal action.

Saddam and seven other senior figures under his rule this month went on trial in Baghdad for crimes against humanity over the killing of 148 Shi'ite men from the town of Dujail.

The United States led a coalition to topple Saddam, saying he was hiding weapons of mass destruction. None were ever found.

The war, an ongoing insurgency against occupying troops and the U.S.-backed authorities, and an explosion of crime amid the post-war disorder has cost thousands of lives.

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2005, 10:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Re: Saddam accepted UAE exile plan to avert Iraq war-TV

Quote:
Originally posted by urbsdad6 ... hijacked right from under our noses! All I can say is stop posting opinions and start trying to find the facts and post what you find so we can discover the truth...
a. "Our" country has been hijacked since the Constitutional Convention.

b. Take your own advice.

c. Opinions are often based partly on hunches or instinct... and are sometimes correct, at least as often as are facts and sources.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:57 PM

Keep researching Doc Urb and you will find that Saddam backpedaled on the deal because it was pointed out to him that his life wasn't worth a tinker's damn outside of Iraq.

Rotorwash
We get heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads. So I\'m just really intelligent and my head coudn\'t hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me. That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:28 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Well said and point taken.

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"