The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2003, 11:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
She's young and naive. I hesitate to be too critical because who knows what I would have done in a similiar circumstance. She may not need her disability but she certainly deserves it. This will all play out and in a couple of years will be forgotten. There are others which probably deserve as much publicity as she has received but she received it and she didn't ask for it. Let her take advantage of the opportunities and lets not begrudge her.

One of my friends broke his hip in the Army in a non-combat accident which wasn't his fault. Because he was young (19) they couldn't do the traditional surgery and his femur was fuse to his pelvic bone. He has no movement in his left femur. He finnished his tour of duty. And was given a 80% disability upon discharge. Over the years someone has begrudged his disability check and his standard reply is: "I'll give you my fused hip and disability check for a good leg anytime." That usually shuts them up real quick. She earned that disability check and she should never be ashamed of cashing that check. She will be crippled for life. As far as the other windfalls, let her take them because her moment of fame will fade away and all she'll have left are memories and cash.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2003, 12:26 PM

Gimpy,

Thanks for the clarification.

As you know it was brought up before under an other post, about her and Shoshauna. But as I remember noone came up with the answer.

enough.........
Old 11-17-2003, 12:52 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up

"WHAT KEITH SAID!!"

VERITAS
Old 11-17-2003, 02:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Philly.......

I think Machinest Mate Bob started this thread. I agree with all said about youth and all that. My guess is that Jessica doesn?t have a conniving bone in her body and is just making things up as she moves along. As to others getting in on the act, Larry Flint claims to have purchased photos of Jessica frolicking in the nude with some fellow soldiers. Jessica had no comment when asked and Flint claims he won?t release the photos because Jessica is a ?good kid?. Sense when did Flint give a rat?s butt about anything?

Scamp
Old 11-17-2003, 05:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Gimpy : you got that 100% correct Jessica is 100% deserving the 80% disability she received for her injuries she received for her service in Iraq. I tried to state the same info in another post were someone wrote about Jessie Jackson complaining that Shoshanna was being discriminated against because She only received a 30% disability for her injuries while being held captive in Iraq. I just couldn't remember the Authority Numbers Thanks for posting the requirements
Old 11-17-2003, 09:45 PM

Sorry Scamp!

I am used to your avatar. I assumed it was you. A big sorry to you, my friend.

I still don't agree with the commentary.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:57 PM

I noticed Gimpy said need has nothing to do with it... I think many rating board do figure that in......even if they aren't supposed to.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Need is not to brought into it.

Disability is supposed to based totally on the medical facts. Gimpy is absolutely correct. If boards do consider need they aren't suppose to.

Keith
Old 11-18-2003, 08:21 AM

My income was used as an excuse for 50% rather then higher. Same for the re evaluation (still at board) The person doing the eval for it put our income in saying it isn't counted she was just curious then put it in anyway. The wording of the first was such that the impression is as a woman my husband can cover the money so.....and of course they don't pay for didly so far.....good thing I do have insurance or I'b be a very sick puppy.....brain damage from a stroke, two twisted cartid arteries, an anyuresm in my heart which took me five years to get checked since so many were sure it was all in my head and why don't you take your pills for the delsion you had a stroke....took me five years to get the evidence that they knew then I'd had a stroke and hushed it up......service connected stuff by the way. Hushed up the death of my son (which I have a letter saying IF I'D HAD PROPER CARE HE WOULDN'T HAVE DIED in effect) and I DON'T LIKE SCUM WITH POWER TO HIDE FACTS.....then belt (methoprically speaking) the hell out of you for contradicting them.....facts don't have much to do with it I've noticed. Wasn't litened to on websites either....just got me burned alive and told I derserved it.....ditto my children etc....

About the only thing I can say is it's a darned good thing I was a nurse with proper training or I'd be even more crippled then I am...only reason to get the evidence is to prevent me being very dead if it happened again. One or two other reason as well but that is the biggest in my family's mind....they'd rather I was alive then dead of (another) oops....

I wear a medic alert braclet and my MD has alerted the office to the facts so I've been seen by them all in case of an emergency.

The people who know about have called me a heroine for sticking to it and getting it all together in spite of REAL HARRASMENT and threats etc........just stuborn is all in my opinion. Genetic. Most of us don't and didn't lay down and roll over. Goes against the grain.