The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2002, 08:33 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default SOAVV

SOAVV,
What unit was your father in? I'm not a vet either, but I'll pass on some advice given to me by some vets. If you want to know a little of what these guys went through, read any of the books by Keith Nolan. You can see some info on some of his books in the "Reviews" section on the home page. One of our posters on this site is mentioned in one of Nolan's books.

Welcome to the site,

chilidog
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2002, 05:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by son-of-a-v-vet
i would liketo know the name off that book so i can read it to know more about what my father and all of u went through.
if i have now right to pot at this forum please let me know and i wont anymore
Its "the complete idiots Guide to the Vietnam War"Self being a complete idiot, its perfect
O encourage everybody to read a LOT of books on Vietnam

james
Old 07-08-2002, 12:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to son-of-a-v-vet Send a message via AIM to son-of-a-v-vet

thank you chillidog i dont know what unit he was in he didnt talk much do know he was with the 101st airborne. i'll check out his books thank you again
Old 07-08-2002, 01:52 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Son,

See if you can find a local chapter of the Disabled American Veterans (you don't have to be disabled or a vet to get their help. It might be one of those guys could help you out as you don't have a lot of info on your Dad. They may be able to direct you. Check this website out to locate a chapter near you..

www.dav.org

The next place to go is the website below. If you don't have your dad's SSN or his RA number (Social Security Number or Regular Army or US (if he was drafted) Go ahead and fill out the info anyway stating you are a son of this Vet and it is important to you to know where he served in Vietnam and who he served with. The 101st was a big outfit with a lot of different jobs and they were all over the map from North to South. Also I am sure there are people on the site that can give you info on good 101st websites where you might find help. National Archives where you may find your dad's records listed below:

www.archives.gov

If you want to hear a side of the war that in my opinion does not get enough press and should go to this website. A lot of hard questions and good answers here. God Bless these guys.

www.capmarine.com

A good book that will also give a little different view that it is not often heard often enough at this site:

http://www.afio.com/sections/book_re...etter_war.html

Check out this website and read the book:

www.lzxray.com

Welcome and keep on keepin on..hope this helps..

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 07-08-2002, 02:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to son-of-a-v-vet Send a message via AIM to son-of-a-v-vet

little sparrow
thank you for all the info and ill check out all sites and contact my aunt 2 see if she has any info
thank you again and welcome home my friend
Old 07-08-2002, 02:04 PM

to all
hey how do i put 1 on those cool signs under my name?
i like the P.O.W/M.I.A.
PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN LOOK AT OTHERS AND PUT IT UNDER MY NAME
Old 07-08-2002, 02:12 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

check out info under user cp and then edit opitons go to the bottom of that page and the avitar you want to choose is I believe 123. Thanks to Bern that created it for me late one night many moons ago while I was on line with them in the chat room....

ps. just to sit the record straight I am not a vet..but thanks..your welcome home was sweet and I apprecitate it..sis

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 07-08-2002, 02:25 PM

little sparrow
thank you