The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Warriors Saloon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2020, 02:49 PM

Arrow May 3rd I just turned 74 by the grace of God

Seems were still grounded can't go anywhere - it wouldn't make any difference my wife has been bed ridden for four straight days - she's degrading and loosing the will as it seems endless that none of her conditions will improve and its taking a toll on her as well as the family.
-
I'm in the garage having my 2nd PBR listening to Andrea Cocelli it brings back my childhood days with my grandparents (Italians) eating cheese and drinking red wine. My Papa and Nana are both gone but listening to Italian music keeps their memory alive.
-
Here's a link for some good songs by Andrea Bocelli - https://freelistenonline.com/artist/Andrea+Bocelli my favorite 241 (Boats)
-
I found it and play it often with my beers as I don't have an vino. Used to drink that with my Papa and at all meals growing up. My wife's Mom was also Italian (Cali-brace & her Dad was Sicilian) I'm only 1/2 Italian (Milan & Breganzie, Italy) - Mom was Swedish & French)
but I'm 100% American.
-
Ya know - at times like this when mileage is catching up to us all. The end times are moving closer each year after year. We reflect on the what if's of our lives. If you haven't your missing something.
-
This Boats speaks his mind (and many say it isn't much) but I do the best I can to incorporate some piece of humanity to others who may not think much about that. We only go around once in our lives - take time to reflect on what you've become and who by the Grace of God allowed you to be an American.
-
We don't always agree and yet we seem to be our best when needed. But how we got to be American's is something we all have and its called our Past and how hard it was for them to make the transition to leave their countries and their past behind to come to a new world (USA). The difficulties they had to adjust to and adhere to a whole new set of rules. They took menial jobs had to learn English and become American Citizens. It was no cake walk but they made it. This is our heritage it bonds us to the old world as many could not make the transition - hence they remained in the old country. What a struggle but they made it. Raised their kids who then joined the service in WWII and fortunately made it back home. Not all but they did.
-
My point is their struggle produced the kids that then fought in wars for America. They were fortunate to come back and then raise their own kids. They became Engineer's - Lawyers - Tradesmen - who then had kids and they became college graduates and they now have their own families - all American's contributing to American prosperity.
-
We today are Heinz mix of nationalities but "all American's" regardless of country or color!
-
What a great country the USA. And even today "our kids" are in the service protecting our best interest and those of other Nation's. How can we not say we (American's) are not the greatest country. We have no Kings or Communistic system we are freemen & women.
-
3rd beer still listening to Italian music. Talked to my service buddy in Lancaster, PA today just to touch base and see how he's doing? Grounded like the rest of us but is doing OK.
Many other's have died from AO or contaminates from other sources. We were graced to carry the torch for them. The VFW is still closed miss the guys and the BS but we are all Bud's regardless of service or rank.
-
I'd give you guys some links but I don't think anyone reads my threads as I've not heard any replies - but that OK I'm and extrovert and I"m a straight shooter - no bullshit from this Boats - but I mean well.
-
I also never re-read my post because I find too many mis-spelled words and incomplete sentences. Nobody is perfect - except the God Almighty.
-
I trust this virus will be with us for some time so take care of yourselves and do the best you can - that's all we can count on. See the VA doc's they are pretty good and at least they will listen to you. Get your shots and blood test! Drink some wine or beer or both when possible - also have a shot once awhile to jump start the motor.
-
Hug Momma and tell your kids that you Love them and if you've got Grandkids spoil the hell out of them.
-
My best to all of you. After this 3rd beer I will most likely go in and check on Momma whose most likely in bed already.
-
Say your Prayer's and Thank God for the time he's given you and the family you have.
-
Say a prayer for the guys in the field on the ocean or in the air.
Play this link: https://freelistenonline.com/artist/Andrea+Bocelli - play 112 its The Lords Prayer.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links