The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2020, 10:34 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question What Is Life Anyway?

6-29-2020

It is already half-way through the year and I am beginning to wonder if there was really any meaning or even use to it all? Or are we merely chasing time down yet another one of these “Bottomless Rabbit-Holes?”

Well, maybe bottomless is not really the proper word to use within this context, as to every life there eventually does comes an ending! A time when all of our reflections, our on our knees penance, and even our fast-fading memories, silently slip into the woodwork of time, and we too become nothing more than just another minuscule footnote, that is remembered only within the decaying memories of those whom we have left behind us!!

However, and ever since the beginning of time itself, nearly every passenger upon “This So-Called Ship of Life” has probably asked themselves this very same question: “JUST WHAT IN THE HELL WAS I DOING HERE ANYWAY”, and will my life, my thoughts, my ideas, or even my aspirations – even mean anything to anyone else within the end-zones of life?!
“And this, ‘My Friends’, is really something to think about - Is It Not?”

Hardcore
Old 06-29-2020, 11:13 AM

Default ?

Ya know HC I've often thought about that. The only memories we leave behind our with our kids and grand-kids - varies with age. After that it depends on how much they've learn from us and their parents. I can only go back to my Grand-Parents and they will soon be forgotten when I pass away. What is the meaning of life? It's our children and grand-children. We can only hope they someday reflect on what we were and what teachings they learned from us. Also how much they really listen. We are the past they are the future. It will be what they make it! Let's hope for the better.

I've got many old pictures - the only visible things we leave - plus any notes - if any were included. And how interesting they will find their heritage from our photo's and our conversations.

I don't write many things down - I pull them from memory - and I verbally talk to them about my past and what I remember from my Grand-Parents. How much of that sinks in - who knows. Most of the time they seem monumentally disinterested. They are young adults and making their own way and now see how difficult it is to make money and buy things.

They no longer remember their great-grand parents as they died off while they were young.

And that's a shame - the old ones have many stories to tell. I should write something about our past or as much history as I can remember - but how much of that will mean something to them I don't know? When you get to your 50's and older you wonder where in hell did all this time go?

You get into your 70's & 80's you know there's not much time to go - its a crap-shoot.

In-conclusion - what we are leaving them - I can only state that I hope that it's for the better.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:44 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Cheer-up Fellas. We're the Lucky Veterans.

In perspective, MANY poor soul Veterans never made it past their 17-18-19 year birthdays, nor ever had kids or grand-kids.

Whereas, we old farts are still around, eating well, drinking and chit-chatting.

Neil