The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2002, 05:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

James, I'll pick you up at Ft. Donaldson and we'll head south , Nashville , Franklin, Stones River , Chattanooga,Kennesaw Mtn. We will burn down my neighbors house , that I don't like , in Atlanta and then drive to Savannah where Paco can take you up to Charleston.Andy , got a friend that has a tree co. He drops rounds of oak by our log splitter - keeps my wood burning stove going , good . Don't burn it till it's been stacked a year. Can fill up my pickum up in 1/2 hour
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2002, 05:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: James

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy
I can meet you at Gettysburg and give you a tour - been there enough. Have a fair idea about how to get around D.C., Baltimore, N.Y.C., and Boston. If you aint from around here don't try to drive in Boston; Saigon, Bangkok and Paris are all a piece of cake compared to Boston.
Stay healthy,
Andy
I would be so honored to do this with you, Andy. this will be late MAy, early June. want to do some more CW battlefields like Amntietam? I'm going to be all over the VA battlefields, too, something Ive always dreamed of doing. I will be getting in touch with you further.
I been to DC, the farthest North in the South I got while in the Army. Thats the last place I was arrested in the Army, drunk, took on a squad of jarhead MPs (and lost!!), oops my bad, must been the PTSD- That was my Immediate Post War Gonzo/Fugazi Period

James
Old 12-19-2002, 06:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Don't Forget Fred!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DMZ-LT
James, I'll pick you up at Ft. Donaldson and we'll head south , Nashville , Franklin, Stones River , Chattanooga,Kennesaw Mtn. We will burn down my neighbors house , that I don't like , in Atlanta and then drive to Savannah where Paco can take you up to Charleston.
John
Hey what about Fred!!! and Frank??? Who else?? Maybe we'll have a website get together somewhere central around there--cruise th battlefields. Who's in? I'm buying dinner for all, at the best Mcdonalds you got.
I got people all over the SOuth I wanna see. It'd be great to be all together in one place, keep the stray shots to a minimum.
re firewood. I come from a family that has a long tradition of chilld exploitation in such matters. My older brother (the Genius College Professor, hehehe) has a short thumb from a log splitter. Another of my brothers also has a short thumb from my table saw but yours truly, after 30+ years in construction and combat still have all my extremities unremodeled, though considerable used looking. Just lucky I guess
I'm looking forward to meeting you John, we'll have a good time. Late May or early June.
I'm gonna drive from here in the Aerostar, seeing places I always wanted to see, like Santa Fe & the Grand Canyon (don't know how I missed it all these years.
Then to Breckinridge Texas where I have some kin--my dad was just down there doing some genealogical spelunking, found out I got more dang Rebel kin then I thought
Course I'm gonna kick it on the Bayou for a spell, hanging with my friend Dave E
And surprise my buddy Ron in the firehouse.
this is gonna be the best year ever, I can tell

James
Old 12-19-2002, 06:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Lookin forward to it James. Frank and I are riding over to Savannah in the spring to meet Andy too. Be careful - still , got a friend that has been a master carpenter for over 30 years - just cut off half his index finger. Insurance paid him 25 k , he bought a big new Harley for 23 k and drank the rest
Old 12-21-2002, 04:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by DMZ-LT
Lookin forward to it James. Frank and I are riding over to Savannah in the spring to meet Andy too. Be careful - still , got a friend that has been a master carpenter for over 30 years - just cut off half his index finger. Insurance paid him 25 k , he bought a big new Harley for 23 k and drank the rest
Out here he'd have put it up his nose.
My family is watching over me to make sure I'm spending the PTSD money right ("Can't we all just get a loan?") Fortunately I already have most everything I want
The biggest damage I ever did to myself was with sheetrock knives and not inconsiderable either, esp before I started buying the retractable kind. And mashing my left thumb with the waffle plated framing hammer--OUCCCHHHH!!!
Ive forgotten how to use more dangerous and lethal equipment than most people will ever know, he bragged. I think its time to retire undefeated
James
Old 12-22-2002, 07:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Just come on down. Not many battlefields around here. There are a couple, one near here where my great great, etc. uncle saved the day from those dastardly Confederates. We do have several massacre sites. There is an area called the Big Arm of Holston Mountain. There was a sinkhole there where the Confederates would execute the Union sympathisers and throw them. They wouldn't let them be claimed by the families for a week or two so that the feral hogs would eat on them. There is an excellent barbecue restaurant there now. Love that pork. We'll go eat there. Sycamore Sholes is nearby. That is where the Overmountain Men assembled to go open a can of whupass on those British at King's Mountain. And of course, Davy Crockett's Birthplace. James, you really need the coonskin cap to make your psycovet wardrobe complete. Very distinguished with the t-shirt. You'll be the envy of all the Commies.
Old 12-22-2002, 07:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default IT'S A MUST

...for any black tie affair...

...they are really nice, I even considered wearing mine out deer hunting, but i figured some other nut would shoot my a$$ out of the tree...

...my wife makes me take it off before going to bed though................

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk