Thumbs up Congrats new VOM and POM

Congrats to Beau and Shirley , VOM and POM
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2003, 07:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Here Here...

...At a time when they were needed the most, heads high, and services rendered, they stand strong, and tall...

...Beau, your words are most inpirational at trying times, and you bring a sense of calm during the storm, congratulations, and thank you for your service to this Nation...

...Shirley, you are always the "first Lady" of my thoughts as one who is the cornerstone of life, always dignified, and in the corner of us all...

...(plus, if you have put up with (((you know who))), ((((Fred)))), all these years, you must be somebody real special), ,...

..."C"...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 07-25-2003, 07:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Congrats!

Welcome to the honored!

Beau, well deserved!
Shirley, well deserved - for keeping Fred in line.

Keith
Old 07-25-2003, 09:00 AM

Congratulations to Beau and Shirley!

Old 07-25-2003, 10:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Beau :

I always enjoy your posts. Congratulations !!

Shirley :

Congratulations !!

Larry
Old 07-25-2003, 12:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Both deserving!

Great choices for August!

Congratulations to Beau and Shirley. I don't know which would deserve it more....Beau for his service in Vietnam, to this site, and all his other work, or Shirley for having to put up with Doc for 32 years. Guess it's a tie!

Well Done!

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 07-25-2003, 12:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default are you sure ?

I don?t know who volunteered me but that?s ok and thanks DMZ-LT and all. Are ya?ll punishing me for writing things, such as ?I Crapped My Pants? ?

By the way, I just got through axeding David to change my real lifetime nickname to my ?Christian? name --- on the VOM Page: how many of you peepa thought I was a Negro ?
Ron did --- oh, Ok. Well, that?s ok --- nothing wrong with that word when you add humor to it. In fact, my ?late? Corpsman friend even had a laugh when I used that kind of N word --- he be a ?Brother? in the classic sense, you know, all ?mofuh? this and that --- one day at work a lady, Lawrance and I were talking about some recent thefts at the work spot (strangers use to come into offices and steal things), the Latina lady described the ?purp? by scratching Lawrance?s skin and saying ?he was ?(scratch)? ?. And I axed her, with a dumb feigned bugged eyed expression ? ? He was a Negroe?? Then my friend/enemy said, with a bit of indignancifications (is that a word?) ? he corrected me with ?African American? and then he laughed.

Ain?t nothing wrong with some words --- how many of you thought Paco is a Mesican? Ron did --- oh, Ok: nothing wrong with Mexican my mother was kinada one --- Paco the Mesican: someone has to ?tote? MarineVet?s golf bags. The thing I?m wondering about is that recent thread called ?the Flipside of Hollywood? --- hey, I?m half Flip and would like to team up with Jennifer Lopez: together we could make quarter flips (is that how the math works out)?

Who is toting MarineVets golf bags these days ? ?Toting? --- isn?t that an old Southern white boy word --- as in ?Jimmy Slingblade Forrest --- ya?ll done with chopping the wood --- you tote it on back here ? need some kindling. Ummm hmmmm --- gonna need some wood fire for the Clogging hootenanny, Ummm hmmmm

And how about them ?God?s country? boys up in the Northwest --- ya?ll never do get a cultural ass kickin do you ? I mean, New Englanders and East Coasters get thay own ass kicked --- but you Nor Westerners ain?t got nothing going on against you ! Gods country.

[ Robert here: I have not posted here in awhile. And lately I have been doing spending more time in doing something that I have not done in decades --- drawing and painting. I guess I am retreating from the modern world. So, though I may not be active here --- I do appreciate the fact that I was remembered, even if you had no one else to pick on , really and am pleased to have this dance with the Patriot of the Month who has certainly gone through a big life.]

Thanks !

Beau
Siempre Fiel, Soldado de las aguas caf?
( Always Faithful, Soldier of the brown waters 1971)
Old 07-25-2003, 04:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking BEAU!

You now have access to the VOM forum, no decoder ring or secret handshake required . You will be able to see who put you in the spotlight.

Having personally known you for a couple years now, I always knew you weren't a "NEGRO." However, you're probably the closest we got to one Brutha Brown . Now, your line would be: "Yeah, from the waist down."

Congratulations, MY FRIEND. And thank you for your service. Like I've always told you, "Always be proud of who you are and where you've been," MI AMIGO.

SHIRLEY: Congratulations! 32yrs. with Doc?! You're quite a lady. As a Nam Vet going on 36yrs. of marriage, I know and appreciate the work, patience, and sacrifices made by our wives to make this work for so long. Doc's a lucky man.
Old 07-25-2003, 04:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

To BEAU and SHIRLEY Congratulations to you Both I have the deepest respect for each of you. Beau you served your country with pride and honor and Shirley your just the greatest meeting you and Doc was like meeting familey
Old 07-25-2003, 05:59 PM

Congratulations Beau! Love your sense of humor. Thank you for serving our country. Shirley, my dear, you are one magnificent "Steel Magnolia". I so enjoyed our time with you and Fred. Please, let's plan another! How about that cruise to Alaska next summer? Love, j