Old 01-02-2004, 02:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Cool Willie Nelson records war-protest song

Willie Nelson records
war-protest song
Country music legend to perform
at Kucinich fund-raiser this weekend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: January 1, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

? 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Country music legend Willie Nelson is joining the list of entertainment celebrities to protest the war in Iraq.

According to a report in the Austin American-Statesman, Nelson woke up Christmas morning, listened to the news, and said: "There was nothing but bad news, and here it was Christmas Day. I said, 'There sure are a lot of babies dying and mothers crying,' and [his wife] Annie said, 'That sounds like a song.'" The result was an anti-war ballad titled, "What Ever Happened to Peace on Earth."

Nelson will debut the protest song, the report said, at this Saturday's fund-raising concert in Austin, Texas, for Democratic presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich.

During the 1991 Gulf War, Nelson frequently sang a previous anti-war song, titled "Jimmy's Road," at peace rallies, reported the American-Statesman.

Does Nelson worry about sharing the scorn that the Dixie Chicks received after that group's lead singer's public put-down of President George W. Bush? Will it cause a backlash from conservative country fans?

"I sure hope so," he told the Austin paper. "I don't care if people say, 'Who the hell does he think he is?' I know who I am."

Having reportedly recorded the song in Nashville yesterday, Nelson says reactions so far has been positive.

Nelson's support of Kucinich ? whose campaign released the lyrics Tuesday ? is based on the Ohio congressman's support of family farmers.

"I just like him because he tells the truth," Nelson told the American-Statesman. "Whether he's electable or not, who knows? But when you've got a guy you can trust, you've got a good candidate."

Ironically, as WorldNetDaily reported recently, Kucinich recently headlined a fund-raiser for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, a group with ties to the Mideast terrorist organization Hamas and an agenda for an Islamic USA.

"We would like to thank all those who helped us reach our fund-raising goal," CAIR Chairman Omar Ahmad said at the time. "These added resources will enable us to continue and expand our work defending civil rights and promoting a positive image of Islam."

Kucinich has taken part in other CAIR events recently, including a Ramadan iftar, or fast breaking, on Capitol Hill hosted by Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich. That event was co-sponsored by Reps. Gregory Meeks, D-N.Y., Kucinich, Conyers, D-Ohio, Loretta Sanchez, D-Calif., and Barbara Lee, D-Calif.

And Tuesday, Kucinish visited a Tampa, Fla.-area mosque, informing those in attendance that American Muslims were being unfairly targeted by the U.S. government.

"At this time of rolling back of civil liberties, all Americans need to be worried about any American deprived of his or her rights," Kucinich said at the Islamic Society of Tampa, according to the Associated Press. "All Americans should be very concerned about a government trying to get more and more into peoples' private lives.

Kucinich added that his opposition to the Iraq war will lead him directly to the White House.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/a...RTICLE_ID=36400

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2004, 02:25 PM

Hey SSgt how ya doing?

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 01-02-2004, 02:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

The lyrics (in case you were wondering):

There's so many things going on in the world
Babies dying
Mothers crying
How much oil is one human life worth
And what ever happened to peace on earth

We believe everything that they tell us
They're gonna' kill us
So we gotta' kill them first
But I remember a commandment
Thou shall not kill
How much is that soldier's life worth
And whatever happened to peace on earth

(Bridge)
And the bewildered herd is still believing
Everything we've been told from our birth
Hell they won't lie to me
Not on my own damn TV
But how much is a liar's word worth

So I guess it's just
Do unto others before they do it to you
Let's just kill em' all and let God sort em' out
Is this what God wants us to do

(Repeat Bridge)
Not on my own damn TV

Now you probably won't hear this on your radio
Probably not on your local TV
But if there's a time, and if you're ever so inclined
You can always hear it from me
How much is one picker's word worth

But don't confuse caring for weakness
You can't put that label on me
The truth is my weapon of mass protection
And I believe truth sets you free

(Bridge)
Not on my own damn TV

http://www.counterpunch.org/nelson12302003.html

Sempers,

Roger

Boats

Hanging on as much as I can......

Been in and out of the hospital....having more surgeries and tests....Had one done Monday.....which I hope is the last....to find out if the kidney is causing the full cancer......If it is it is out.....If not only going to take out the tumor......After that they are going to start me on chemo....for the cancer that has spread on my liver and hip bones......

Thanks for asking......

Take Care
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
Old 01-02-2004, 02:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Poor Willie

Guess all that pot smokin' and other illegal substances finally addled whatever remaining unpolluted brain cells he had. Willie's still unconnected with reality if he thinks his anti-war stance won't have an adverse impact on his popularity. Maybe he needs to ask the Dixie Chicks what happened to their career.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 01-02-2004, 03:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Question Isn't Willie

Isn't Willie married to one of the Dixie Chicks?

Keith
Old 01-02-2004, 05:48 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

How much oil is one human life worth

Willie what are you drivin' or flyin' in these days? Put your money where your mouth isand surrender all those things you depend on every day thatare oil based. Dress up in a robewith a rope belt and a pair of leather sandals and maybe you will be a tad more credible. Until then you are just another hypocrite with his mouth in gear and his brain in neutral.

But I remember a commandment
Thou shall not kill

Youare not alone in not owning a concordance. Give me a callI'll loan you mine. You will find thereis more than one word and more than one meaning to the word kill inHebrew. This particular one means to murder.You would only be correct in the application of the commandmentif you believe that national defense, home defense, and self defense is murder.God forbid you should ever find yourself in a situation where you would have touse lethal force to stop an intruder from harming you or your loved one. It could happen. I wonder how you would feel about being charged with murder in defense of your own person.

Willie I have always lovedyour music but youdarn sure are no guruso don't quityour day job. Trust meon thisone.

Haven't you heard Willie it got blown to hell on 9-11-01 when a bunch of peace loving folks from every walk of life got up one morning kissed there loved ones good bye for the last time and went off to work. Same song second verse after OKC.

Willie, have you heard the song "What was I thinkin?" Maybe your next one needs to be "What was I smokin?"

I'm not sure I'll be able to let you ride shot gun with me, The Band, and CCR any more though. I'm sure gonna miss you.

Arrow>>>>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 01-02-2004, 06:00 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 01-02-2004, 06:06 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

I'll take it from here...

Old 01-02-2004, 06:40 PM

Hell! I don't care what Willie has smoked, dranked, stepped in, sleeped in, or whatever.. I just want to buy several hundred of the CD's, as you know who, "little tree 43" may have them all band from the stores.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:07 PM
Doc.2/47

Right on Sis!!

Skeeter-
You're welcome to the one I mighta bought.

I spect ole Willie'll sober up eventually.