Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2003, 02:24 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Relevance & Gps!?

Relevance - Kobe Bryant

GPS (Global Positioning) - Scott Peterson

Attempted suicide (twice) is now being brought into question in the Bryant Rape Case? It would appear that the plaintiff had a record of two attempted suicides (?) in the months (4) prior to the alleged rape! As such, the defense is claiming that this proves the gal is bonkers, whereas the prosecution is saying that what the gal did in the months or years prior to this incident (as concerns her mental health), has no bearing on her charges. ie- One being an alleged nut case does not give the right to rape another human being!

Is Bryant guilty of rape- Hell if I know, and apparently, as it is in most cases, it is all going to boil down to who can blow the most smoke or cloud the most minds! (opinion)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now as far as Scott Peterson, apparently, the law had him zeroed-in right from square #1?

It would appear that the police had a GPS unit aboard Peterson?s ride when he headed south to San Diego County. According to the media ?Hey, that is the direction of Mexico?, ergo, Scott Peterson must have been heading to regions south of the international border!? (Really Now?)

Also brought up by ?Prosecution Head-Hunters?, was the amount of money Peterson had in his possession at the time of his arrest! However, I hear little play given to the fact that Peterson was under constant harassment by the media and wanna-be celebrities that had his home staked-out (24/7), and were bull-horning his front door or carrying signs proclaiming him as guilty, even before actual charges were bought up!? And of course, our ever-present media hounds were ?Johnnie On The Spot? day and night (also 24/7), while on the tube, a myriad of (so called) experts were proclaiming his guilt!

Not much, however, was made of the fact that Peterson had relatives in the San Diego area, and that it may have been possible (?) that he was merely seeking out friendlier surroundings, away from the constant bombardment of the media (who knows for sure)?! Hell, those responsible for this constant pressure may have been attempting to get him (Peterson) to take it on the lamb? (Again, hell if I know?)

As for the cash that Peterson had on him, that is (in itself) not against the law, and the last that I heard, food and lodging etc were not free, and one does have to live!

Others, especially those who had pre-judged Peterson, claimed that his haircut, beard, and blond hair dye, proved that he was guilty, but does it really? Again, the man was being hounded everywhere he went, nearly every second of the day?! And as he was not formally under arrest, under the law, he had the right to visit his parents in the same State did he not (?), probably the only peace and quiet that he could find!

And if he saw fit to change his appearance somewhat, in order to avoid media recognition, well, that too is not a crime, save to the media itself, or those looking for a slam-dunk (Sorry Kobe)!

Again - ?I have no idea if Peterson is guilty or not?, but this appears to be just an annoying technicality to some who would hang him now, try him later!? And granted, the guy played around and this ain?t morally right, but if that is a crime, then an army of men and women alike, would be under lock and key right now, including in my opinion, parts of the media and the law as well!

Hell, I remember some years back, my wife and I were taking a walk back in the backcountry. Tucked stealthily into the weeds and growth, was a police cruiser. Fearing that something was amiss, we knocked upon the side of the vehicle. Up poped two heads, one male, one female, the male in uniform no less! Before we could get a word out, the officer offered up the excuse that he was out looking for a missing youngster! I told the gent that he was hardly likely to find the kid in the back seat of his SUV!? "OOPS!!"

It is a fact that many an innocent man has been jailed or executed in our nation, while quite a few of the guilty walk around free and clear. Hell, the flap over the priesthood and some celebrity cases of late, surely prove that! But the guilt or innocence of Scott Peterson must not be decided by a feeding frenzy or convenience, but rather by the facts alone!

And if he is innocent, and I know not (?), then more than one in our society has sold his (or her) soul, not to mention any potential legal actions $$ taken after the fact!

?Again, these are but my opinions, what are yours!?

VERITAS