The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2009, 03:04 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Cool What Recession?

Evidently, the thousands spending millions at the Barrett Jackson collector car auction in Scottsdale, Arizona never got the memo that our economy is failing. Classic after classic cross the block bringing huge dollars-75, 100, 200k!
I can only watch and wish...As I do every year thanks to the SPEED Channel.

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2009, 03:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

And what about the thousands of people whoare going to witness The Bastard next week? Planes and trains and busses and cars ain't free, and neither is the hotel bill and all the other incidentals. Who's paying for all this, if the recession is in full swing, unemployment is at the highest levels in decades, global warming will soon cause us all to die of heatstroke, and the sky is falling? Can you spell 'con-job'?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 01-17-2009, 03:41 PM

Distinctions

Why...Mr. Scout,Sir! Whatever DO you mean? Surely you would not infer that the 'win-at-any-cost dems? ...Naw

Peace,Griz
Old 01-17-2009, 04:29 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

The Barrett Jackson collector car auction here in Vegas last fall went very well.

Cars sold for more than expected and the sold so quickly that more had to be brought in so the display wouldn't look bare.

Joy

Old 01-17-2009, 04:59 PM

It is Virtually Impossible for Us to Be in a Recession, Unless that is What You Want
Our Economic Future Is Revealed...
We all live in abundance. It is every where! All around us, each and every day. Therefore, it is virtually impossible for us to ever be in a recession. Let us consider all that was written and talked about in "The Secret", along with many other great books. We bring about what we think about. I loveour universe, along with all humanity. This includes loving our government. However, I do believe it stems from the government any time the media creates a frenzy for us all to feed on. And the media will without doubt always escalate the truth, in order to gain our attention. They are just people doing their jobs, which is to get people talking about whatever they report. Thus, giving more thought to it. Now, this is where we need to be careful; for when we do this, we can very well create any disaster we choose.
According to the "Law of Attraction" our thoughts are powerful magnets which attract to us everything we think about. The more people who are focused on the same thought and mix it with feelings, the quicker it WILL manifest. This has been scientifically proven. Therefore on the other hand, we could use this to our advantage. All we have to do is know and believe we live in abundance, which we do; and be grateful for it. Show your gratitude for all that you already have and you will just create more of it. I say we all donate five or ten dollars to our favorite charity this week. Whatever amount you are comfortable with, it will only come back to you anyway. Yes, that is another law of the universe. The wealthiest people in the world are also the ones who give the most. Do you think that's just a coincidence? Just take Oprah for example, and you will soon have many others pop into your head. Because it's TRUE! Giving is recieving.
We can all live the life we always dreamed of just by choosing our thoughts accordingly. Ignore any news you would rather not hear. That's easy; simply turn it off. Then you won't have to worry about if you gave thought to it or not. If you read the paper, only read about things you need or like to read about. The good news of course. Try and stay focused on all the good you have in your life right now, and you will create more of it. Let's say you forward this to five friends, and they gave a small amount to a worthy cause, and forwarded it to five friends, and so on. Now we have the power in numbers and would only help our economics, and the future would remain brighter for everyone!

http://veteransflagdepot.com
Old 01-17-2009, 06:25 PM

Distinctions

USVETSNET,
While I tend to agree with much of what you espouse, ignoring the hard news and tuning in to Oprah, reading the funnies in the stead of page one, and thinking hard about being wealthy simply won`t cut it for me. Too much of a realist, I reckon.

Peace,Griz
Old 01-18-2009, 05:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The upcoming inauguration also points out the blazing hypocrisy of the non-givers: when GWB was re-inaugurated in 2004, the whiners and snivelers platoon railed against the "excessive costs" of about $40 million, but now, with the so-called recession gripping the entire world, The Bastard's coronation will cost $150 million, with nary a complaint from the naysayers.

And for those really interested in which group of people have charity and philantropy in their hearts, read Who Really Cares: America's Charity Divide - Who Gives, Who Doesn't, and Why It Matters. Hint: it ain't the Leftists who are the kind, caring people they want us to believe.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 01-18-2009, 06:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by usvetsnet View Post
It is Virtually Impossible for Us to Be in a Recession, Unless that is What You Want
Our Economic Future Is Revealed...
We all live in abundance. It is every where! All around us, each and every day. Therefore, it is virtually impossible for us to ever be in a recession. Let us consider all that was written and talked about in "The Secret", along with many other great books. We bring about what we think about. I loveour universe, along with all humanity. This includes loving our government. However, I do believe it stems from the government any time the media creates a frenzy for us all to feed on. And the media will without doubt always escalate the truth, in order to gain our attention. They are just people doing their jobs, which is to get people talking about whatever they report. Thus, giving more thought to it. Now, this is where we need to be careful; for when we do this, we can very well create any disaster we choose.
According to the "Law of Attraction" our thoughts are powerful magnets which attract to us everything we think about. The more people who are focused on the same thought and mix it with feelings, the quicker it WILL manifest. This has been scientifically proven. Therefore on the other hand, we could use this to our advantage. All we have to do is know and believe we live in abundance, which we do; and be grateful for it. Show your gratitude for all that you already have and you will just create more of it. I say we all donate five or ten dollars to our favorite charity this week. Whatever amount you are comfortable with, it will only come back to you anyway. Yes, that is another law of the universe. The wealthiest people in the world are also the ones who give the most. Do you think that's just a coincidence? Just take Oprah for example, and you will soon have many others pop into your head. Because it's TRUE! Giving is recieving.
We can all live the life we always dreamed of just by choosing our thoughts accordingly. Ignore any news you would rather not hear. That's easy; simply turn it off. Then you won't have to worry about if you gave thought to it or not. If you read the paper, only read about things you need or like to read about. The good news of course. Try and stay focused on all the good you have in your life right now, and you will create more of it. Let's say you forward this to five friends, and they gave a small amount to a worthy cause, and forwarded it to five friends, and so on. Now we have the power in numbers and would only help our economics, and the future would remain brighter for everyone!
Welcome Aboard !!!

You said : "...This has been scientifically proven....", do you have any links for this "proof" ?

Larry
Old 01-18-2009, 10:44 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

"The more people who are focused on the same thought and mix it with feelings, the quicker it WILL manifest."

It didn't work at Woodstock....half a million people chanting for the rain to stop...you know the rest of the story...

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 01-19-2009, 05:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I've been

watching the Auction on and off. Actually...although many high priced vehicles we all could have/and did have/cheap.....that's also a relative term, My 340 Duster was 2,800 bucks, which seemed like a million to me in 70', I thought the overall bidding was a lot lower this year. I saw some vehicles I could not have afforded last year, go for like 60K, when they would have been around 100K last year. I have a love/hate with that auction. There are so many beautiful vehicles. My problem is that if I bought one, I'd be driving it constantly and not just looking at it.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)