The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2003, 07:49 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking What Is Politics?

Received this in my e-mails. Don't know who wrote it but thought it was cute!

Mrs. Hardcore

A little boy goes to his Dad and asks: ?What is Politics??

Dad says, ?Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I?m the head of the family, so call me >> The President. Your Mother is the administrator of the money, so we call her the Government. We?re here to take care of your needs, so we'll call you the People. The Nanny, we?ll call her the Working Class > And your baby brother, we?ll call him the Future. Now think about that and see if it makes sense.?

So the little boy goes to bed thinking about what Dad has said. Later that night, he hears his little brother crying, so he gets up to check on him. He finds that the baby has soiled his diaper. So the little boy goes to his parent's room and finds his Mother sound asleep.

Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the Nanny?s room. Finding the door locked, he peeks in the keyhole and sees his Father in the bed with the Nanny.

He gets up and goes back to bed.

The next morning, the little boy say?s to his Father, ?Dad, I think I understand the concept of politics now.?

The Father says, ?Good son, tell me in your own words what you think politics is all about.?

The little boy replies, ?The President is screwing the Working Class while the Government is sound asleep. The People are being ignored and the Future is in deep shit.?
Old 05-12-2003, 08:18 AM

lololol

I like it!
Old 05-12-2003, 09:02 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE...

"From the mouthes of babes". Still, and an inate chidhood honesty aside,...wouldn't it be nice if the actual politicos were as honest about realities and what "They" do (or don't) as childeren? Then, I might not have so much trouble believing what comes out of "Their" mouthes in general, and especially around campaign time and/or when unequivocating honesty is absolutely non-existent,...if wanting to win an election?

Though, such does make one think. In fact, I personally believe that one caught flat-out-lying during campaign times,...MOST CERTAINLY can't be trusted afterwards, and no matter how many inconsequential (apparently) oaths are taken. Two lousy words (re. Bill Clinton) prove my "Inconsequential (apparently) oaths" point quite well. Don't you think? Fortunately for America and The Military, The Presidency has Term Limits.

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 09:10 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Neil

Your last sentence said it all!!!!!!

"Fortunately for America and The Military, The Presidency has Term Limits."
Old 05-12-2003, 10:24 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Talking Politics

During the first half of the 1800s the most important politician in France was a guy named Talleyrand. For him everything was politics or sex - remind you of anyone?
Anyway, Napoleon used Talleyrand not because he liked him but because he was good. Matter of fact Napoleon described Talleyrand as, "A silk stocking full of shit."
You know, when I think of both of my senators and all of my congressmen, Napoleon was a pretty smart guy - just like that kid.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 05-13-2003, 08:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post We really need term limits on every public office.

We have the vote but term limits would make sure that politicians don't get entrenched in their own power.

We have millions of people would could serve as well as those who filter to the top and cling to power. Turn over would create better flow of ideas plus the grass roots of people would be served better.

Keith
Old 05-13-2003, 12:39 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Keith...

Besides: "Term Limits", wouldn't it also make sense (great cost cutting also) for all high echelon Public Hirelings and/or politicos to have Pension Limits? After all, since most all alluded to were already wealthy before dipping into The Public Troth,...why-the-hell should such people be further enriched at retirement with one, two, three and possibly 4 grandeos pensions, FORCED PAYING FOR TOTALLY (as all else) by: "We The (Schnooks)" and/or We The Private Sector Taxpayer.

Besides, why should people of The Vast Majority whom can only dream of having ONLY ONE such grandeos pension at retirement forever pay for such lavish retirements FOR THE ALREADY RICH, whether made so previously to Public Service or additionally BECAUSE of Public Service and the gratuities and connections derived from same? I thought Royal Greed or that: "Give unto Caesar..." bit got squared-away in 1776? Shows you what-the-hell-I-know ABOUT RULERS and/or LAWYERS, LAWMAKERS & PENSION PLANNERS (The Rich in general also).

Neil
Old 05-13-2003, 04:13 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Gosh-Dern, You guys are really sharp today! I only hope that, instead of listening to (and believing) themselves all of the time, some "Pollute-icos" will take the time to listen to the people themselves!

"Naw, that's too much to ask!?"

VERITAS
Old 05-13-2003, 06:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I would also like too have a part time congress.

I believe that we don't need a full time congress. Thats what executive branch is for, to run the Government.

WE don't need more laws we need better administration of the good laws we have and clean up the books of the bad laws we have. I believe Congress should be in session only 5 - 6 months a year and then Congress could go back and do their regular jobs and keep in touch with their constituency much better. And, that was the original intent for Congress from the beginning.

If government was smaller but more effective we would have more money to do the important things for our country. The legislative branch has become too big.

Keith
Old 05-14-2003, 07:22 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default GREAT IDEA...Keith.

Still my Friend,...don't get too cocky about having the wisdom of suggesting: "A Partime Congress". After all, wasn't such exactly how Our Forefathers set-things-up way-back-when?

Though, and in fairness to Our Founding Fathers, at least they only believed it necessary to represent and safeguard the well being OF ONLY AMERICANS with Our Constitution and with minimal interfearance.

Whereas TODAY, Our Ruling Elite actually believe that Our Constitution covers every living and breathing thing on earth (domestic and foreign enemies inclusive). Plus TODAY, Ruling Elite interfear in most everything and place restrictions on most everything, which is to be expected. And, why not? The Citizenry and/or The Children (how Ruling Elite think of their charges) need supervision and perpetual CORRECTING.

Neil