The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2002, 02:54 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Doc145thCAB

Here is what I consider to be the best site on the web regarding Trauma. There are many keys to why those suffering from PTSD are wired the way they are. There is a search engine on the site to help you navigate through it. I would recommend reading David Baldwin's credentials. He has done trauma survivors a great service. I dropped him an e-mail a while back and told him thank you for putting up information that has given me more than one key to understanding why this brain of mine is hardwired the way it is. 1CAV gave me the rest of the story when he reminded me that free will is involved and through it we can continue to overcome. We don't have to give in to the dark side of PTSD. I would recommend to everyone a movie called "A Beautiful Mind" I watched on the flight back from Seattle. It is not about PTSD but it does tell the story of how one man fought back against schizophrenia and won. An awesome testimony to the human spirit..

click on link:

www.trauma-pages.com/index.htm

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links