The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2006, 03:41 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Weapons qualifing badge

On my uniform I had a Expert badge and hanging off the bottom was Rifle, Carbine and pistol.
I made expert with the M-14 out of Basic.
While at Fort Benning I qualified with the M-16 , expert
and also I was told to go to the pistol range and qualified with the 45, I did, Expert.
the 45 was the hardest to make expert in, The shortest distance of targets was 5 meters and the longest was 75 meters.
I made $5.00 off a guy one time for shooting a beer can at 50 meters with a 45,.
If they would have gave a badge for grenades I would have got expert in that also.You be a dead Mo fo in my sights.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2006, 05:24 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Grenade toss was part of the annual PT test for awhile. You graded on it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post grenade toss

I did okay but it always bounced the wrong way. Had to be a little lucky that when it hit it would bounce forward not to the side.

Keith
Old 12-30-2006, 02:25 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Grenade toss
We went to the Grenade toss place, there were pits with instructors in there and an area that had some truck tires. There was also a tower for observers.
I threw my grenade at the tire and ducked in the pit. a Sgt came over and told me to report to the tower. I thought I was in some kind of trouble. Seems I threw the grenade just right and it landed in the middle of a tire and they wanted to reward me by letting me watch the rest of the toss's? The people in the tower were all officers and were grading the whole thing. I couldn't wait to get out of there.
Ron
Old 12-30-2006, 06:38 AM

It's a wonder the Army didn't send you to sniper school means you qualified expert with so many different firearms
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
Old 12-30-2006, 07:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default expert,...

...reported to the range in tech school, and they were using the M-16 chambered down for 22's at the time to save $ on lead, targets, and distance was also calculated to simulate 100 yards,...

... I shot 99 out of 100 bulls eyes R/L standing, kneeling, and prone position which qualified me for expert,... I turned in my signature 3X5 card with the results, and never heard anything down the line as far as recieving the ribbon, etc,...

...same same for the "Soldiers medal" for playing 'let's disarm the shooter" off base, but that's the way it goes,...............

...trinkets, Don't mean nothin' now,...

...hope to see ya'll in April,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 12-30-2006, 07:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sharshooting expert--with friend

I only qualified sharpshooter with the M14, I never qualified with the M 16, other than OJT. I also qualified with the M14 automatic as Automatic Rifle.
I qualified expert with the machine gun and the .45--those were the badges I wore. I only qualified expert with the .45 because my buddy was grading but I can hit things with it. I shoot one now, regularly.
I didn't know they gave a seperate qualification for carbine.
Stay good, Ron
Happy New year
James
Old 12-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

The Carbine was for the M-16, or so thats what they said when they handed it to me.
I also went to the shotgun range and qualified the pump 12 gage, never got any pin or paperwork for that, so never wore anything.

Sniper is a volunteer thing, I volunteered 4 times in the Army One time when I joined, and one time in basic, to which I got KP. One time when I went to VN and one time in VN.
Sniper, No thank you.
There are several things I do well in life, shooting is just one of them, My dad always used to say, Son, It ain't bragging if you can also, DO IT.
Ron
Old 12-30-2006, 09:34 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Qualified Sharp Shooter with M-14, Expert with M-16, Gunner on M-60, Sharp Shooter on 45, later expert while with the MP's. On the Tow missel system I qualifed gunner.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 12-30-2006, 12:52 PM

I don't understand 39. You said you volunteered 4 times for sniper school, but for some strange reason the Army wouldn't approve of you going through that perticular training and you say "sniper, no thank you".
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34