The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2002, 07:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Cool Avatars

Check out the unit patch avatars that are now available.

Good job, Bern. Thanks.

P.S.
I know first hand that if you have an image that you want downsized to be an avatar or signature image that Bern, being the delightful young lady that she is, will cheerfully do it for you.
Thanks Again, Bern.
Old 05-07-2002, 08:06 PM

Distinctions
Special Projects POM Staff Contributor 

No problem. I am not that prompt but I sure get it done.
cheerfully yours, Bernadette
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 10:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Just found mine!

Thanks David!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 05-13-2002, 10:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Whoops!

And a GREAT BIG thanks to you Bern.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 05-14-2002, 11:11 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Bernadette

Could I get a 25th, Tropic Lightening Division patch attached to my name? Will I need to send you a photo of it? Any help/feedback would be great.

Thanks,
Andy
Old 05-14-2002, 03:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up ANDY

There's one in there for you, Bro. Click on "USER CP" bar at top of page; click on "EDIT OPTIONS"; scroll down page and click on "CHANGE AVATAR"; click on "LAST PAGE" of avatar list; click dot next to Tropic Lightning; click on "SUBMIT MODIFICATIONS". It's a done deal, Bud.

I was the one that tracked these down and sent them to Bernadette to downsize to avatars. I wouldn'ta forgot ya, my friend . I sent more, but I guess some of them didn't look too cool when she shrunk them. Most of them were badges. I'm going to look for some others. Also, more unit patches.

To you other guys: Let me know of any specific ones. I'll try to find them, and get them to Bernadette.
Old 05-14-2002, 06:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default David, a "Homie" avatar ?

I getting tired of this 13th Century Monk Avatar ese . How do you do this Avatar stuff ?

Can I make a group Avatar, of the Gumball Machine "Homies" that I kept ? I see on the Web that some Latino Supermarkets and supermarkets here and there have decided not to sell "Homies" (little Chicano mini-figurines) --- could increase Street Gangs, I guess. Wierd deal is that in my very Middle to Upper Middle Class city in the Bay Area, my Super Market has a "Homie" Gum Ball Machine --- not much Gang activity here. Although they do have Santa Rita County Jail across the highway, a place where one of my half brothers is quite familiar with --- turned to low level crime long before Gumball Machine "Homies" came out.

If not a "Homie" (gotta get rid of that 13th Century Monk looking Avatar I have been using), how can I make my own Avatar --- don't like them yellow face things too much and my Army unit's patch is one of the worst looking ones in the World.

Beau
Old 05-14-2002, 08:32 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Wink Thanks

Thanks Tom, your pretty smart, for one of those jumping out of airplane guys. Sorry I didn't get back to you, tough weekend, low blood pressure, sleep is good.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 05-15-2002, 02:44 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Beau, you can use any avatar you like by uploading it through your user cp. Just go to the user cp at the top of the forums page and then click edit options. Go to the bottom of the page and click change avatar. Make sure you say yes to the use custom avatar box and upload your avatar from your computer. There are only two guidelines for custom avatars, they must not be larger then 50x50 pixels and they must not be larger then 2k.

Thank you for sending those in Frisco, that was a great idea and we look forward to having more. The ones that did not make it were just too low quality after reduction to use. The best pictures can usually be made by a high quality photo of the real thing rather then an artists impression. Some, for example the 1st Cav patch, have so few details though that a drawing will work out. We will do our best to publish any you send our way
Old 05-16-2002, 05:06 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Tamaroa patch

Hey,
I can't let you guys, get one over me. Check out the job Bern did on my Coast Guard Tamaroa patch!!!

Bill