The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2006, 07:59 AM

Default Taps Throughout America 2007

For anyone who may be interested, the Department of Veterans Affairs and Bugles Across America will be conducting Taps Throughout America on Armed Forces Day in May, 2007. One of the main reasons for the event is to alert people to the critical shortage of Buglers needed for funerals with Military Honors.

The project will attempt to have buglers play Taps at all National Cemeteries, State Veterans Cemeteries and VA medical facilities in areas distant from a National Cemetery. BAA needs Project Directors who will work with the VA's contact person to coordinate individual events. Visit the BAA website at http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org for more info.

I run the Military Salute Project at http://condocat.home.att.net and have volunteered to coordinate the event at Fort Snelling National Cemetery in Minneapolis. We have started to post information about the project in our Military Salute Reference Forum at http://militarysalute.proboards45.co...board=national

Shortly after Labor Day, we're going to begin contacting Minnesota groups who might be interested in providing Buglers, Pipers, Color/Honor Guards, etc. I would very much appreciate it if everyone begins passing the word. If you are a bugler, a piper, or are a member of a Color/Honor Guard, please consider volunteering to participate in Taps Throughout America . Thank you!

Jeff Seeber (aka sailordoc)
condocat@att.net
On behalf of The Minnesota Platoon
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Jeff

Couldn't find

"BAA needs Project Directors who will work with the VA's contact person to coordinate individual events."
Must be hidden in one of the catigories .

Ron
Old 08-07-2006, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g Jeff

Couldn't find

"BAA needs Project Directors who will work with the VA's contact person to coordinate individual events."

Ron
Ron,

Look for one of the top "stories" on the BuglesAcrossAmerica.org home page that says "Echo Taps 2007". They thought that's what the name of the event was going to be until the VA decided on "Taps Throughout America".

Jeff
Old 08-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Jeff
Went to Echo Taps and found nothing about what you wrote?
"BAA needs Project Directors who will work with the VA's contact person to coordinate individual events"

Ron
Old 08-08-2006, 05:26 AM

Ron,

Let's start over. Go to the Bugles Across America website using the link I posted above. The BAA home page has stories listed on it. Two of the stories contain the information.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:49 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Jeff
Sorry , Im done looking.
Ron
Old 08-08-2006, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g Jeff

Couldn't find

Ron
This is the last time I'm going to explain this. There is NO story anywhere , written by anyone , titled "BAA needs Project Directors who will work with the VA's contact person to coordinate individual events". I didn't say there was. I didn't type any quotes around it. It's not in italics and it's not in bold. That's a declarative sentence I wrote that means exactly what it says.

For those of you who can read what is actually written in the first post, visit the BAA website if you would like to volunteer your services as a Bugler AND/OR if you would like to volunteer to coordinate a Taps Throughout America event at a National Cemetery in your area.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Jeff
I didn't go look anymore. Like I said Im done looking.
If its the last time , well then , Good.
And Your last post is not what you wrote in your first post.
2and 2 are 4 unless you write 2 and 7 and try to make it 4.
But then I could care less.
Ist of all if you had written volenteer in you first post we wouldn't even be talking now, The last time I volenteered for anything I got KP. Haven't sence.
Ron
Old 08-16-2006, 07:20 AM

We are now posting the following information in Military and Veterans-related forums. Please feel free to copy it and re-post it, especially on boards that have Minnesota members ...

------------------------------------------

EchoTaps Worldwide is a joint project of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and Bugles Across America scheduled for Armed Forces Day in May, 2007 (Saturday, May 19).

The event is intended to increase awareness about VA programs for America?s Veterans as well as the availability of BAA Buglers to play ?live? Taps at Veteran's funerals. Buglers will render a cascade of Taps at National Cemeteries, State Veterans Cemeteries and American Armed Forces Cemeteries overseas.

I have volunteered to be the BAA Project Director for the event in Minnesota. With the assistance of those who help me with the Military Salute Project, I will be coordinating EchoTaps Worldwide at Fort Snelling National Cemetery.

We are looking for a wide range of Volunteers, including Buglers and Pipers, Color/Honor Guard units, and Staff personnel for logistics. We have detailed information posted in the Military Salute Reference Forum (see below).

There are actually two parts to the event. The first part is a rehearsal exercise requiring 20 Buglers to assemble at Fort Snelling National Cemetery on Veterans Day 2006 to play Taps immediately after the scheduled events so we can get an idea how to best position Buglers for the Armed Forces Day 2007 program.

Buglers who volunteer to play on Veterans Day 2006 will receive a certificate from the Department of Veterans Affairs. All those who volunteer for the "main event" on Saturday May 19, 2007 will receive a pin from the Department of Veterans Affairs.

We have started a special section in our Military Salute Reference Forum to post details about the national event as well as the Minnesota effort. You do not have to register or log-in to access the Forum. Please click on the following links for more information:

Military Salute Reference Forum (scroll down the page to find the EchoTaps section): http://militarysalute.proboards45.com/index.cgi

Or, you can use the following links to access each part of the section directly:

EchoTaps Worldwide General Information
http://militarysalute.proboards45.co...board=national

EchoTaps at Fort Snelling National Cemetery
http://militarysalute.proboards45.co...d=fortsnelling

If you would like to volunteer to participate at Fort Snelling National Cemetery on Veterans Day 2006 (Buglers only) and/or Armed Forces Day 2007, please contact me at condocat@att.net and be sure to type EchoTaps Worldwide in the Subject line. Include your first and last name and your city/town so we can post the information in the ?Confirmed Volunteers? section of our Forum. Thank you!

Jeff Seeber - Woodbury, MN
Military Salute Project ? http://condocat.home.att.net
Old 08-16-2006, 07:39 PM

My VFW is talking about buying an "Electric Bugle". WTF is an electric bugle I asked. The answer I got almost made me puke. It's a bugle that has a tape recording of "Taps" in it and any schmuck in the post with a clean uniform can put it to his lips and pretend to be playing taps. I've asked my son who is a Chaplain and will probably be presiding over my up-coming interrment at Arlington, to slam dunk anybody with an "Electric Bugle".

An honorably discharged veteran is ENTITLED to a burial with FULL MILITARY HONORS. Some "Richard Cranium" with an "Electric Bugle" does not equate to "Full Military Honors" in my book.

If my post EVER tries to use this electronic crap at a military funeral instead of a real Bugler, I'll see the post commander out the door with a swift kick in the ass.