The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2008, 09:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hmmmmmmm.....A piece a tin bolted on to the back of a car with an obscure message......This is normally referred to as: The last great act of defiance

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2008, 01:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

The Twin to this plate will be the transplanted Yankee Plate.
Caption will read: YOU LOST GET OVER IT!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 03-01-2008, 05:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Great Plate!!

I like the Heritage plate but why did they have to go and put the Georgia State Flag on it
Oh thats right its the CSA First National Flag .... Here in Georgia anyone can get the SCV plate for their car or truck. My Wife got one for the old Dodge the first year then we Placed it on the Barn wall to save the 25$ fee and get the Union plate i.e. State of Georgia.com plate (LOL) I agree with Packo I get the Retired Military plate the state of Georgia issues to save money and the Wife has her DV plate on her car and its free to Vets in Georgia.

A little unknown history of Slavery in America:
In Stateburg, South Carolina In 1860 William Ellison was South Carolina’s largest Negro slaveowner.He was a Black Slave magnate and he was despised by most all because he was a Slave breeder i.e. he slept with his slave women and sold off his own progeny . Ellison’s major source of income derived from being a “slave breeder.” Slave breeding was looked upon with disgust throughout the South, and the laws of most southern states forbade the sale of slaves under the age of 12. In several states it was illegal to sell inherited slaves (9). Nevertheless, in 1840 Ellison secretly began slave breeding. less then 20 years after his own freedom he began to not only buy and sell slaves but to sell off his own illegitimate children into slavery.He could make 400$ per slave from this source. See this webpage for more info on William "April" Ellison http://the-eye-opener.blogspot.com/2...ack-slave.html
Old 03-01-2008, 06:04 PM

As your Presidential campaign is on, which of the three or four candidates are from the South
And, how many Presidents have been elected to office are from the South since the Civil War (the Yankees won that didn't they)LOL

Question coming later after I get some answers
Old 03-03-2008, 09:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Gov Huckabee is the only one from the South (Arkansas) still running for President and he isn't doing too well against the Left leaning moderates.

Presidents from the South since 1865:

Andrew Johnson(D) {TN} comprimise candidate with Lincoln in 1865
Harry S Truman(D) {MO} only President proud of his Confederate Roots since 1865
Lyndon B Johnson(D) {TX} He is a Texan nuff said
Jimmy Carter(D) {GA} Scallywag from Dixie
Bill Clinton(D) {AR} from Hope Ark like Huckabee but moved to NY nuff said...
George W Bush(R) {TX} Connecticut Yankee Texan 1st Southern Republican President too.

all these men held offices in their state before running for president and there were a couple of presidents born in southern states but grew up in KS and other states like Eisenhower and Wilson but aren't considered Southern.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gunner Carvo Send a message via MSN to Gunner Carvo Send a message via Yahoo to Gunner Carvo
Distinctions
Contributor 

What about George H. W. Bush?

"Without me, the war will go on. With me, it could end." - me

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - JFK

"Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto."
(I bring not the rays of the sun but the thunderbolts of Jupiter)

Old 03-04-2008, 03:10 PM

It looks as though that you have a regular stream of Southerners that sit in the Presidents seat and mostly have surfaced in the last 60 odd years.
You southerners hold the wealth of the nation Gold worth about 4 Trillion (Ft Knox) Majority of oil refineries, military facillities and the PLATE as well as a President

It would be uncanny if a legislation was passed on the PLATE for ALL of the USA to use... naaahhh!! don't think that would happen but would be interesting

I think secretly there is a movement, that the SOUTHERNERS will take over the USA without a fight... God bless em! ROTFLMAO

Old 03-04-2008, 06:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

I moved to Fla. in 1990 for three years. They charged $395.00 or a registration. There was a civil court case that claimed that it was "unconstitutional" to charge all incoming drivers that fee. The Fla. DMV lost the case and they had to repay all the over charges. In the short of it, they paid nearly 200.00 back to each registrant from out of state.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:23 PM

Default QM3steve

If you think that is expensive... In South Australia, the regisration fee per twelve months for a six cylinder motor vehicle is $648:00 (AUST$) and a trailer is $58:00 (AUST$)
http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/fees/index.asp
Old 03-04-2008, 09:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Talking

George H.W.Bush #41 President was born in Conn moved to Texas to be in the Oil business after serving in the Navy as a Aviator. He served as a Texas US Rep and was convinced to resign his position and run for Senator by Nixon then went on to serve as the US Ambassador to the UN then as CIA director. He was picked by Ronald Regan to be his VP for two terms and ran successfully for President after Regan's 2nd term. So he could be considered a Texan with New England roots.I just seem to forget Preston's boy George when I think Southern Presidents he just doesn't have the accent for it