The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2009, 07:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I'm going to have to agree with Scout. We had all these lunatics we didn't want so we told them those Mexicans was just dying to get some Carolina barbecue. We figgered since all the maggots around here had gagged we had to get rid of the stuff some way and our lunatics too. We had been paid by North Carolina with the stuff for tribute we demanded after we whipped them in the Battle of the State of Franklin. They still owe us.

Last edited by 1CAVCCO15MED; 01-14-2009 at 09:59 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2009, 09:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Kc bbq

I grew up in Missouri and KC BBQ is a Mixed bag of different styles of BBQ, the Beef is cooked like Texas Style(from all those cows brought up the Chisholm Trail) and the pulled or chopped Pork comes in mustard or Tomato based sauce.Then there are the ribs that are cooked till the bones fall out when you pick them up from the meat. The 12 years I was stationed in Tacoma Wa was a dry spell for good BBQ. Tony Roma's was about the only place in Tacoma in the 1990's serving ribs but by 1998 a family bought the old Burger King on S Tacoma Way and started serving soul food and they had some good ribs and BBQ when I left in 2K... We have a few BBQ joints around Nahunta that serve good BBQ pork without sauce and you add what you need Mustard based,Tomato Based and HOT! Sauce The worst place I had BBQ was Fayetteville NC they thought hot sauce and vinegar was a sauce to marinate the meat in BTW I like SC mustard based sauce on my BBQ pork sandwich )
Old 01-14-2009, 03:31 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

I had a pulled pork dinner at the Salem Tavern in Olde Salem Village, NC. I told the waiter that it was very good and he said, "Of course! That's good Southern barbeque, not like that burned meat they have in Texas."
Old 01-14-2009, 04:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn-e3 View Post
Scout just remember it took men from tennessee to lose at the Alamo. They were all to busy BBQ'n Armadillos to fight.
Now, jest a gol-darn minute! Tennesseean's ain't NEVER been into no dang armadiller BBQ!
They ain't native. Scientists are of the notion that they never made it that far north on accounta they was all eat up by the redskins an high-yellar folk in the Atlanta area. When we went West to join the fun we figgered them rascals was jest Texas sized crab lice.

It were the Texicans that were tryin to find somethin edible cause those stringy long horn range cattle weren't especially.

Ever seen a Tennesseean wearin a armadiller-skin Hat? I didn't think so!
Old 01-14-2009, 04:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default A Georgian responds...

Now, if I was from Georgia, Jerry....and a discussion of BBQ came up, I'd stay out of it. The only place's worse are Texas and Alabama. (and it's still a toss-up between those three) As I stated before, those people in the Carolina's that couldn't make good Q were banished to Georgia.

Revdoc...your gonna be real close to great Q if you move to Virginia. As a native of that great state....that is before 3/4 of it got taken over by Yankees working in DC, I do have to say that their Q can't stand up to NC/SC. Luckily, unless you move to NOVA, you'll be a stones through from heaven and a hop, skip, and jump from #2....Tennessee.

Doc Fred, I'm gonna tell Shirley what your saying here about NC. Better get the camper winterized.

Actually Ron, England is a Constitutional Monarchy, not a Republic. Hope your taking all this in the lighthearted manner it's being portrayed. I do know that you guys were a soverign nation at one time. Used to teach History.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 01-14-2009, 05:04 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Once upon a time (as opposed to "No shit, guys, listen up") there was this grand and glorius land, filled with bright, energetic, and industrious people. Most of them had landed as such inglorious as Indianola, Texas, which unbeknownst to them, God had already designated as Ground Zero for Hurricanes in the Gulf Coast Area. (In case you poor, misguided miscreants can't read, which is likely the case, Indianola was destroyed twice by hurricanes. The only thing standing there now is a permanent granite marker that God installed, with the words, "Don't mess with Mother Nature" deeply etched into the surface.)

Fast forward a couple of decades to the aforementioned pre-invasion of the hillbillies and the Meskin asswhuppin party. An employee of the toll-gate at the border between The Land of the Toothbrush (aka Arkansas) and God's Country (aka Texas) who was of Pollack descent, dragged his knuckles out of the dirt long enought to raise the No Trepassing gate, just long enough for a bunch of land-grabbin' misanthropes from the colonies to enter.

The way I see it, bOOger's descendants are all to blame.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 01-14-2009, 06:20 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Did you guys know that Texas was once a hotbed of communism? Back in the 19th century when the idea of communal living (communism) got started in Europe, the people who promoted that idea were agressively put down by the monarchies. They then started looking for a place to show the world that communism could work, so (for some damn reason) they chose Texas (post-republic and a new member of the USA). Several attempts were made by French and German communists to establish what they called utopias in various parts of the state. None of the attempts survived but the German influence is still seen in surnames and the names of many Texas towns.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Chicken Fried Steak or Wiener Schnitzel

Something the German immigrants to Texas brought with them was their particular way of cooking beef and pork the Wiener Schnitzel aka "Chicken Fried Steak"

Wiener Schnitzel (from German_Language German_Language Wiener Schnitzel, meaning Vienna Vienna cutlet) is a traditional Austria Austria dish and popular part of Viennese_cuisine Viennese_cuisine and Cuisine_of_Austria Cuisine_of_Austria, consisting of a thin slice of Veal Veal coated in Breadcrumb Breadcrumb and fried. In Austria the dish is traditionally served with a Lemon Lemon slice, Lingonberry Lingonberry jam and either Potato Potato salad or potatoes with Parsley Parsley and Butter Butter. While traditional Wiener Schnitzel is made out of veal, it is now sometimes made out of pork, though in that case it is often called Schnitzel Wiener Art (Germany) or Wiener Schnitzel vom Schwein (Austria) to differentiate it from the original. The dish may have originated in Milan Milan, northern Italy Italy, as Cotoletta Cotoletta alla milanese, and may have appeared in Vienna during the 15th or 16th century. According to another theory, it was introduced by Field_Marshal Field_Marshal Joseph_Radetzky_von_Radetz Joseph_Radetzky_von_Radetz, who spent much of his life in Milan, in 1857. The term "Wiener Schnitzel" itself dates to at least 1862.

In the U.S., Wiener Schnitzel is most commonly found at German-style restaurants. These restaurants usually use the term Wiener Schnitzel to refer to the dish made with veal cutlet, and may also serve other "Schnitzels" made with other meats.
In the Midwest Midwest, where many German immigrants settled in the 19th century, the Pork_tenderloin_sandwich Pork_tenderloin_sandwich is a popular meal in local restaurants that may be derived from Wiener Schnitzel.
The precise origins of Chicken_fried_steak Chicken_fried_steak are unclear but many sources attribute its development to German and Austrian immigrants to Texas in the nineteenth century. Chicken fried steak (also known as country fried steak) is a piece of beef steak (tenderized cubed steak) coated with seasoned flour and pan fried. It is associated with Southern U.S. cuisine and hospitality. Its name is likely due to the dish's similar preparation as with fried chicken. It is typically served with mashed potatoes with both the steak and potatoes covered with white, cracked pepper Gravy Gravy.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Well, that explains a lot. I just figured those Texans couldn't tell a cow from a chicken. Speaking of utopias, East Tennessee had Rugby, a town settled by second sons of English nobles. They needed a place they could work and live without the scorn ususally heaped in England upon those gentry who had to stoop to working. It fell apart when they didn't work hard enough. Enclosed is a letter from the time:FROM THE LETTERS OF MARGARET & EMILY HUGHES

Emily:

"I get up at 6 and feed my chickens & Granny and I have breakfast at 7. I potter about in the garden & after tea, I go to the post for our letters & we go to bed at 8:30. I have taught Nina, my little goat, to draw a cart & I take her with me when I go shopping to the one shop in town. (the Rugby Commissary).

"I have named my little estate Landscape after the place where my cousins live in Ireland. My farm yard consists of 36 fowls, two turkeys, two ducks a goat and a puppy. I am thinking of getting a little pig in the spring & also of rearing silkworms & perhaps bees.

"There are a great many hogs running about the country here & they come into town & eat people's fowls when they can catch them, which is very often. They are a dreadful nuisance as they eat all the garden vegetables they come across and think nothing of clearing a whole bed of watermelon."

"I have begun to take German lessons three times a week from Mr. Bertz, who is to be the Librarian at the Hughes Public Library when it is finished. The library books are all presents from different publishers which they have presented to the library as a compliment to Uncle Tom on the condition it be named for him."

"Some time ago I took a photo of the members of the Rugby Cornet band with their instruments and I think it is the best I have done yet. I have tried very hard to get a good one of myself but as I cannot stand in position & focus at the same time."

Granny:

Pretty well explains their demise.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

I watched a tv show on called BBQ heaven and they had most of the places you guys have been talking about. BBQ is all about where you live and what you are used to. TASTE,TASTE,TASTE. it's all good.