The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > New Members

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2006, 05:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to inhonurofswa
Default i came here for a reason, my uncle, please help

Hi everyone,
I'm obvously new here, I came here for a reason though and I knew that people like you guys could help me, I had an uncle die in Vietnam, his name was Stanley William Armentrout, I googled his name for a book I wrote awhile ago and this site came up, with someone's war journal, please, if you know anything about him please let me know. He died in Quang Tri on November 16, 1968 , he stepped on a land mine of some sort, he was 20 years old, he was only married for about two weeks before leaving. Again I am beging any of you who know anything about this wonderful man to let me know, it would be much appreciated!

Taylor
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2006, 06:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Here's a web site that was put together by the author of the story that mentions your uncle. Don't know how valid the email to contact this person is but give it a try.

Good luck

http://members.aol.com/mraffin/mjmr.htm

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 11-14-2006, 07:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to inhonurofswa

Thank you, thank you so much, it's weird to have this feeling for someone who has been gone long before you were born but I just wanted to know what kind of person he was. Again, thank you so much, you do not know how much I appreciate this!

Taylor
Old 11-16-2006, 01:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Taylor
Lost a good friend there.....Four years ago I was browsing thru the virtual wall website when I came across a picture of us taken back at Fort Jackson S.C. that his nephew had posted in his honor. He never knew his uncle, but for some reason he felt it was necessary to honor him. We have talked numerous times since then and it appears that he was on the same quest as you....Dont give up
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-20-2006, 08:49 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Thank You for honoring your uncle this way.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 01-06-2007, 07:51 PM

inhonurofswa

Your uncles unit is listed as being:

"E company / 1st Battalion / 11tth Infantry Regiment / 5th Infantry Division (Mechanized)".

You may perhaps already have the above info. Just wanted to share it with you, incase you did not have for example the info of in which company your uncle served, within the battalion.

For perhaps having a chanse to reach anyone whom served with your uncle, 1 way may perhaps be by checking the following links for the 5th Infantry Division:

5th ID:
http://www.societyofthefifthdivision.com
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/8149/
http://www.fifthinfantrydivision.com/directory.htm

Try by contacting the webmasters, and/or associations "board of members", and if existing, also try posting on messageboards and/or guesstbooks of the above websites. Hopefully, someone whom knew your uncle, will see your post, and thereafter respond to you.

Best wishes, and Good Luck in your further search for men whom knew your uncle when he served in RVN.

Sincerely
A.B
Old 01-09-2007, 01:27 PM

Taylor - Bob is right don't give up you will be very much surprised what information is out there. I'm sure someone will contact you and hopefully give you the information you are seeking. I regret the loss of your Uncle is just one of many who have suffered the ultimate price. Many more are handicapped or totally disabled.

I think your Uncle would be proud of what you are doing - the truth is out there you just have to dig it up every now and then.
God Bless you Taylor and keep in touch.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 01-09-2007, 03:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Thank you AB and thank you Taylor for remembering your Uncle