The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Military News > Homeland Security

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2017, 08:36 AM

Default Statement by Secretary of Homeland Security John F. Kelly on Alleged Hate-Inspired At

Statement by Secretary of Homeland Security John F. Kelly on Alleged Hate-Inspired Attacks

03-09-2017 01:43 PM

Release Date:
March 9, 2017

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary

Over the past few weeks, our country has seen an unacceptable and disturbing rise in the number of apparent hate-inspired attacks and harassment against individuals and communities. I strongly condemn any violent acts to perpetuate fear and intimidation not only against individuals, but entire communities. I pledge the full support of the Department of Homeland Security to assist local, state, and federal investigations into these incidents.

In response to these attacks, I have directed the Department of Homeland Security’s Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties to work with impacted communities. We will heighten our outreach and support to groups affected by these incidents to enhance public safety.* The Office of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties will hold Incident Communication Coordination Team calls with impacted communities.* The DHS Office of International Engagement will also continue to work with foreign governments whose nationals have been affected by these violent acts.

The United States has a history of welcoming and accepting individuals regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or national origin.* Freedom of religion is a cherished American value, guaranteed by the United States Constitution. DHS is committed to protecting all people’s right to that essential freedom.

# # #

Keywords:
crcl

More...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links