The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 07:55 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Faith based organizations

I know this subject is a touchy one for those of you that can't see past your own religious beliefs but, Bush is about to give 20,000,000 of your tax payer dollars to faith based organizations in the N.O. area for Ketrina relief. This is wrong.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2005, 08:19 AM

Why?
Old 12-08-2005, 08:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

What do you consider a faith based organization?
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif
Old 12-08-2005, 08:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

If true it is wrong. Ron can you provide a link to where this info came from.

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
sendpm.gif
Old 12-08-2005, 10:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron,

For Pete's or anybody else's sake, what are you so afraid of? That those millions of $$ are going to be spent buying Bibles or some other dastardly deed? Before there was a United Way, a Red Cross, or any other so-called charitable outfit, who do you think provided the bulk of all relief efforts and monies? HINT: it was faith-based organizations, except back then we called them churches, temples, synagogues and other religious names.

Remember the recent thread about charities and their respective CEO's salaries? The Salvation Army, GASP!! a faith-based organization, pays its head honcho a paltry salary, yet this magnificent organization disburses billions of dollars each year with virtually no administrative overhead. Compare that to the Red Cross, where the CEO earns a fat 6-figure salary, and their administrative overhead is a fatter percentage .

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif
Old 12-08-2005, 11:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Ron,

Probably the only ones I can think of other than churches are:

Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity

I know many denominations still have relief crews providing shelter, food, medical, etc. help to the homeless in Mississippi and Lousiana.

They are doing the work that FEMA just can't handle by itself. Also, Faith Based organization have a better record of getting food, shelter and help to the needy with less overhead and red tape. There is no establishment of religion going on, in fact there are strict guidelines prohibiting the such.
Our ministerial association here in Ellensburg received a grant from FEMA for putting up stranded travelers and helping them with food, we had to make out detailed reports on our activities. There was no preaching, etc. Just practical help. That has been going on for years. All the Churches participated Liberal and Conservative in theology. In Bush's administration the funding trickled down to almost nothing so we haven't applied for a grant in several years, plus we didn't like the "strings" attached by having to do all that reporting so we no longer do it.
But Faith Based Organizations can do great things, less overhead, and make the money stretch further. Why not use them if they follow the guide lines?

Keith

read about the Sourthern Baptists and Assemblies of God (Convoy of Hope)

http://www.redcross.org/article/0,10...2_4622,00.html

http://www.paoc.org/erdo/hurricane_katrina.html
sendpm.gif
Old 12-08-2005, 11:11 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I know one of the organizations is one of Pat Robertsons charities.

If these groupd hadn't of done what they did allot of people would be in a world of hurt, even more so.

I am glad we have groups such as these willing to help people out and think they deserve to be paided back so they can continue to help people in need.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-08-2005, 12:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Thanks Keith and Brice

Ron, Forget about that question I asked earlier. I dont think you can see past your NON-religious beliefs
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif
Old 12-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Sight

Advisor---Why what?

Bill.-- This was reported on Fox News, They said that 30,000,000 was going for education institutes and 20,000,000 was going to Faith based organizations, I would guess that would mean eather churches or Catholic schools.

SS-- Not afraid of anything, never have been, never will be. I don't want my tax dollars going to Faith based organizations, send them your money if you like.

Bob K--Don't worry about my religon bud, And Fuck you.

Ron
Old 12-08-2005, 01:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron
Now thats an intelligent comment.... which is exceeded only, by your total intelligence
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif
Closed Thread