The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 04:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default My brothers Sid and Packo

First of all I would like to start out by totally agreeing with what Seatjerker said in the earlier thread started by Mortardude. Both Sid and Packo have been, and should continue to be a major contributor of factual information to this site. I have known both for years and I'm well aware of what they both did while serving in the Army while stationed in Vietnam, and my hat goes off to both of them.

Over the past year or so, I have opted to ignore posts by certain members of this site because I felt some of the information was exaggerated or just not true regarding what this person experienced. I know for a fact and after 40 years, the events that took place during my year in Vietnam have been distorted or forgotten.

Sid on the other hand, stood up for what he felt was right (and I back him 100%) and decided to call out this other member from stories posted by this individual.

Packo stood up for what he felt was right, and asked to be banned, If Sid was removed.
Ron also voiced his opinion about this event and was also removed, and for that I applaud him.

David mentioned that this site was used to preserve history, well believe it or not, events like this are a part of history and will continue to be as long as there are veterans who served during the time of war.

Tomorrow I will be heading south to pick up my other brother Hal, then on to mtn where we will parttake of some good ole brown nectar (as quoted by Ray)and friendship with the rest of the family.

My vote is that all three be reinstated. Talk to ya all when I get back

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2009, 06:25 AM

Default Here - Here

BobK - Keith doesn't ban anyone unless he needs to. He's alway open minded and understands much of we may find going another direction. Packman and Sid - long time residence of this site - are both hard headed and may bump heads once and awhile and Ron seems to ride the waves as well. Yet these guys have all had good input to this site come a little more colorful then we'd like. But all and all - they've enlightened many of us to many issues - they keep the faith - though the good book has had to be closed a few times when the flares go off.

I bet these guys all would stand together for a photo and shake hands and even drink a beer or two. They've all given much to this country - I should be so colorful but that's not in my character.

I've often times said things I regret and this is my flaw that I too have to work on and get hold of. Yet - spoken words do have an impact and are tough to retract. Give them time to reflect on what's been said and they will find a way to turn it around.

BobK - you take much ribbing and in good spirits. I like your sense of humor and yet I know you tougher than nails if you had to be. Some of us mellow in years others can't find that avenue and are still searching.

Keith has a good heart and understands all the mood swings. He knows much of what is said is - most likely someones on too many meds. Everyone has their day in court and many of us have fallen off the rail once - twice or several more times.

The arguments or words spoken here on this site are those spoken between long time friends and brothers at arms. I feel restraint is needed (and could be on off line through direct emails if this has to be pursued. But I trust Keith's judgement and if I read Keith right they won't be restricted - but caution should always be excercised as spoken words can often times be hard to retract. I know.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif
Old 04-21-2009, 06:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Boats
There's a confusion factor here.....Keith is not the one who banned Sid and Packo.
as much as I would like to blame it on him (which I've been known to do on many occasions) Keith is not responsible

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif
Old 04-21-2009, 08:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default To set the record straight

I totally agree with Bobk. I watched this radio silence post closly when Sid started to question it because I've had questions about certain stories also. Sid didn't start the profanities but did say he thought [a certain person] was a rear area radio operator. The profanity and threats [from a.c.p.] started after that but the posts were deleted so it made it look like Sid started it all which is not true. I thought the worst unforgiveable thing was the way [a.c.p.] Trashed SOG in the deleted posts. I'm going to put a few questions on the Dec 1967 post in the Vietnam forum.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-21-2009, 08:57 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default bOOger,...

I'm truly sorry to hear that. Even though never having met the man,...
I always considered Keith as a pretty-much: "Responsible" Person?

Neil
Old 04-21-2009, 09:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

If someone on this site is making up stories, it destroys what this site was meant to do. Packo and Sid are men of character. They both should be allowed back.

Larry
Old 04-21-2009, 10:52 AM

Default I 2nd Mort

Bobk - it seems the issue is on the mend. I hope.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif
Old 04-21-2009, 12:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I agree with Larry and bOOger (not quite everything bOOger said, but most of it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3196 View Post
First of all I would like to start out by totally agreeing with what Seatjerker said in the earlier thread started by Mortardude. Both Sid and Packo have been, and should continue to be a major contributor of factual information to this site. I have known both for years and I'm well aware of what they both did while serving in the Army while stationed in Vietnam, and my hat goes off to both of them.

Over the past year or so, I have opted to ignore posts by certain members of this site because I felt some of the information was exaggerated or just not true regarding what this person experienced. I know for a fact and after 40 years, the events that took place during my year in Vietnam have been distorted or forgotten.

Sid on the other hand, stood up for what he felt was right (and I back him 100%) and decided to call out this other member from stories posted by this individual.

Packo stood up for what he felt was right, and asked to be banned, If Sid was removed.

Ron also voiced his opinion about this event and was also removed,

David mentioned that this site was used to preserve history, well believe it or not, events like this are a part of history and will continue to be as long as there are veterans who served during the time of war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORTARDUDE View Post
If someone on this site is making up stories, it destroys what this site was meant to do. Packo and Sid are men of character. They both should be allowed back.

Larry

Well now.

We (most of us anyway) have been guilty of posting responses that could be categorized as either "heated" or "angry" from time to time. Some of us MORE than others, some of us LESS than others. I myself have been guilty of this from time to time.

I believe that the documented "history" compiled within these threads will confirm that Packo and Sid fall somewhere in the "less than others" category. The other individual (Ron) seems to fall into the category of "more than others" category.

I really don't know what Rons' problem(s)? are, and based on many of his past comments over the past eight or nine years or so.....I really don't give a $hit! His conduct and subsequent threats have long been established around here as well as on other web sites and David and Bern have given him every chance and opportunity to "clean up" his act!

He seems to have FAILED to show much (if any) improvement with his "people skills" and continues to be at BEST "confrontatiional", or even worst continually "threatening" whomever he deems warranted of such behavior. He should try and get some help for his problems before he destroys every relationship he's ever had.

I have PERSONALLY had the great pleasure and honor to have met Packo and Sid over these past 10 years or so at a couple of "psyco cookouts" and at our brother Franks' (Torch) funeral. I can state with absolute CERTAINTY that both of these men are without a doubt men of CHARACTER and HONESTY. I have also met several of their former "comrades in arms" (men they served this nation with) and each of these individuals CONFIRM the authenticity and history of Packos' and Sids' military service.

They have much to offer........not ONLY to the compilation of information on this web site.

But to ALL of us as well.

I'm proud to call them ..."MY BROTHERS"!

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-21-2009, 01:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

I really hate all of this. PF and the folks here have made a very large and real diference in my life. May be selfish on my part, but I DON'T want to have choose between the site and my Bros.. If it IS absolutely necessary I will have to cast my lot with Sid, Packo, Ron (oddly enough), et al.

I surely hope drastic action (which benifits noone) can yet be avoided.
Gotta pack now. bOOger gets antsey awful quick.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:25 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Lightbulb

It makes me sad too Doc but this isn't on David. It's his house and his repsonsibilty to maintain order here. Just as the request went out from those that owned the mountain where the campout is held that no one is to come to the mountain looking for a fight. It's their mountain and it their responsibilty to maintain order there. David and his request should garner as much respect and authority as those that own the mountain. I vote for Doc Freds words concerning this matter to be posted and read by all that sign on to the site. Maybe even put it on the home page and at the top of the general and political forum. You all are blessed today because I wrote a tome in Word but when I try to post a word document IE closes down. Count your blessings! Love you all. Arrow.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif
Closed Thread