The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2004, 11:07 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Unbelievable Ii......bluehawk!!!!

You closed HARDCORE's: "UNBELIEVABLE" post, since not up to your much higher Veteran Standards. NONSENSE & WHAT BALLS!!!

Besides, I thought you were only permitted to be A Monitor(?),...and not A TOTAL & OMNIPOTENT CENSOR.
WOW!!!...in San Francisco you apparently have the makings for being a truly fine, loved and adored Superior Court Judge.

Here,...I think you owe HARCORE, PLUS EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS SITE an apology for being so lordly and/or cavalierly authoritarian.

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2004, 11:14 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default P.S......Blue

Besides yourself,...you also make patritofiles.com look bad .

Neil
Old 03-14-2004, 11:52 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default GREAT!!!!!...........

THAT WAS FAST. NOW, and if people would like responding to HARDCORE's: "UNBELIEVABLE", such can be done.

Glad seeing that wiser heads have prevailed.
Thanks to whomever.

Neil
Old 03-14-2004, 11:55 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Oops!

Please show where the thread had something to do with military concerns.

Also, please show how the thread was not purposefully posted to incite... in view of very recent and lengthy past experience.

I believe you give me far more authority than I would ever assume unto myself here or anywhere else.

Gotta watch those personal attacks though fellers

p.s.
As of this minute, that "UNBELIEVABLE" thread is NOT closed... so far as I am aware, no other than the webmaster can actually of their own volition close or edit ANY thread. I did, and still do, ASK that it be closed on the same grounds that a few of my own on a similar topic have been closed.
Old 03-14-2004, 12:05 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Neil,

Bluehawk did not close that thread. I did. Because other threads were closed concerning the same subject started by someone other than Hardcore I thought it was only fair that this one should be closed until I could ask David about it. Larry was not up on the sitewhen the request was made.Contrary to popular opinion we do have lives and excuse me for answering thephone and talking to my children and Griz andnot doing the immediate bidding of all youout there in cyberspace.

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 03-14-2004, 12:20 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Recon -

If I may add something gentle here... I felt that the threads of mine which got closed should, or could, have been left open for important discussion. However, I respect the folks who operate this Patriot Files, as I know you do too... and there IS a good strong point in trying to make sure, within reason, that topics stay within the context of military concerns, specifically and directly.

I have learned, from these experiences, that it is not enough for a vet to have a personal concern about something for it to be of military concern on PF per se. And, I regard that as a very valuable distinction which sets PF apart from Chat Rooms and Blogs etcetera.

I have always valued your friendship on PF Recon... and would not want to think you felt I had overstepped or tried to silence anyone. In the time I have served as Moderator of the Warfare Forum, admittedly not as volatile (yet) as Political Debate, there have been 294 posts and 79 threads... not one time have I ever felt the need to call a truce or step in. Yet, that is one duty a Moderator is expected to perform.

I asked the Moderator and administrators to close Hardcore's thread because my similar ones had been closed. But basically, it was just a matter of timing, which, today, I have a tiny surplus of... enough to have noticed the UNBELIEVABLE thread before it got too far along.

On those grounds, I still do ask that it be closed, but have no real hope that it will be, nor am I especially attached to it being.

Yet, what is fair is fair, usually.

I am sorry to have offended you, and sorry to have irked Arrow at the same time. What Larry and HC think of me is up in the air, though Larry and I have been on good terms for quite a spell now. He volunteered to Moderate this Forum, so I imagine he knew what he was getting himself in for and can handle the consequences.

A principle applied to one is a principle applied to all, in a democracy.

I am reasonably confident that Patriot Files itself will survive any loose thinking that might come its way
Old 03-14-2004, 01:05 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Mike you didn't irk me for crying out loud. What irked me was the way you were spoke to and the demanding title to this thread with the explanation points. What's up with all that? How about a simple "I'm disgustedwith the action taken and would the person that closed it please reconsider".

I still haven't had time to talk to David as my boy is here sitting up my cable so I can move from page to page on this site without it taking me so long. I really thinkthose that wantimmediate service on asilver platter should pay my internet service provider.

Could we have some quiet around here. I've had about four hours sleep in the last twenty four and the noise is drivin' me crazy.

Arrow>>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 03-14-2004, 01:28 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

All quiet Arrow, all quiet..............

Go easy now.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:57 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default BLUE...

Sorry for delay. Tried responding yesterday. But, white page: "Server cannot be reached", "Try again later" or "Try REFRESH" (which never works) kept coming-up.

Regardless, my response to you will be over on HARCORE's: "UNBELIEVABLE" thread, and/or where The Veteran Censoring episode first started. Seems more than appropriate.

Neil
Old 03-15-2004, 09:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Tiz the rules folks, let?s not get all wrapped around the axel for no good purpose. Rick?s original post was in full compliance with the rules Rick posted while honorably serving as moderator. In essence, he said a public political figure was fair game and that isn?t necessarily a bad rule so long as we don?t get to our usual slash and burn inter-personal hatefulness. If these rules are done away with and new rules are in place then let?s put them up, but let?s not play sandlot ball and make up rules as we go.

And Blue, Aarrgg!, LOL, it?s on this particular forum where we discuss future military history in the making. And Mercy, do we have a lot to discuss or what, eh? The problem is that the politicos haven?t converted diplomacy to its final form just yet, i.e. warfare, but it will get there, no doubt about it. I vote for Rick?s rules with provisions as added by Larry and approved by David.

And yes Rick, ha, ha, the new Cal. Guv is learning fast how to compromise and survive, how funny to watch and lament at the same time, but SOSDD I reckon. Me thinks Cal. elected a ?Libublican?, LOL. And maybe that is what Cal needs and wants, I don?t know, it?s their call and their vote.

Scamp