The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2009, 02:25 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default G. Warren Hull

The men that served in the South Pacific were bold, and courageous, and the image of that flag being raised is probably the most important one for the public image... But it is the souls of every single American that served there that keeps our beliefs alive to this day...
I don't know where he was, but my Uncle, G. Warren Hull of Green Island N.Y. served in the Pacific theater during two tours, and I only knew the shell of the man he once was, 6'4", and dying of ?malaria, jungle rot, and who knows what else... for years, I watched him endure the pains moment by moment until they passed, or he just plain blocked it out when he didn't think anyone was looking. So thin, and frail, but never without a .45... He'd never show it to me as I was too small, and I'd catch glimpses of it tucked in the back of his waistband every now, and then, and I'd ask to see it, he'd manage a crooked smile, and say, No Curtis, you never want to see this...never understood what he meant by that, but I think I do now. He slept with it under his pillow until the day he passed on... By now, with all of history's past, you'd think that no one should ever have to sleep with their security in their hand... It's because of men like Warren Hull, and a million more that our stories are here to tell...
Note: by William Curtis Giles.

Re: Warren Hull
by David
on Jan 14, 2002
[ User information ] [ Send a message ]
This is a very moving tribute to a fine man. Even after his return he did his best to protect those he loved from the demons released in the war.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links