The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2005, 05:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Supporting the Troops?

If it wasn't so damaging, it woiuld be humorous to try understand how the whiners and snivelers say they support the troops, yet continue to make statements that undermine their morale.

Democratic Senators who say they support the troops continue to undermine their mission with harsh attacks on the Iraq war - even after a poll released over the weekend showed that more than two-thirds of Americans believe they're hurting troop morale.

"What's happening [in Iraq] is not working; it's a disaster," Sen. Barbara Boxer complained Tuesday - oblivious to the damage her comments would do. "Right now, there's an endless war," she declared.

Reacting to President Bush's Iraq war speech Wednesday morning, Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid griped that all he heard was the "recycled and tired rhetoric of ?stay the course.? "Simply staying the course is no longer an option, we must change the course. We can do better," Reid groused.

Hours earlier, Sen. Hillary Clinton complained that she was tricked into voting to authorize the Iraq war when the White House gave her "false" intelligence on Saddam's weapons of mass destruction. But wasnt the very same information given to her husband, ol' Slick himself? And didn't he make the same chest-thumping speeches? "Based on the information that we have today, Congress never would have been asked to give the President authority to use force against Iraq," she chided.

The anti-war showboating by top Democrats continues despite the findings of an RT Strategies poll released over the weekend, which showed that 70 percent of Americans believe that Iraq war criticism by Democratic Senators is hurting troop morale.

A full 44 percent said the Senatorial complainers had hurt the troops "a lot."

Even self-identified Democrats agreed that their Senators were damaging the war effort, with 55 percent saying their criticism hurts the troops - and just 21 percent saying it helps.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2005, 05:54 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Ah the Clinton's.....The Whore and Dyke of Washington. Would be just fine if I never heard that name again.

Oh Slick Willy was in office during my last few years on active duty. The jokes were so bad about him that the Pentagon sent out a directive stating that "Telling jokes about the Comander-in-Chief was a UCMJ offense".

That sorry piece of work was the biggest joke to ever hit the military.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 12-01-2005, 07:50 AM

Iraq wasn't reallly like Vietnam........UNTIL NOW. Thanks DNC..nothing like deja vu to help one focus.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Trav

One of my very good friends was a blue suiter during Slick's reign of zippers, and his unit was ORDERED to attend welcoming ceremonies when Slick would show up. He was medically discharged for a hernia, trying to suppress his laughter at Slick's desperate attempts to act like a CiC.

On a lighter note, I guess I'll just continue to sport my red-white-and-blue magnetic ribbon on my truck, declaring my support for the troops in yet another honest way.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-01-2005, 07:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Hey Ya'all don't Sen. Hillary and others remind you of the story of Brer Rabbit ? When he told the Bear and Fox to Please don't throw me in no briar patch! Well, to me when a Senator tells me on the tv that President Bush tricked them and lied about the intel they had on hand after years Saying that G.W.Bush was such a poor "C" student in college and how stupid they thought he was? Well, if the President was soooo Dumb then how did he manage to trick 40 some Senators from the other party to Vote for the resolution to Allow him to declare war on Iraq? Thats what I would like to Know....... Like Pvt Gump said "Stupid is as Stupid does!" And George is showing them all how they underestimated him for the past 6 years

GEORGE PRESCOTT BUSH for President in 2012 keep the legacy alive .........
Old 12-02-2005, 02:23 PM

If Bush was clever enough to fool all of the super-intellectual giants of the left and all of the Gandalf-wise superior intellects of the international set at the same time and lie his way into a war, why didn?t he just create the grand finale to the big lie and plant WMD?s in Iraq waiting to be discovered?

The only answer I have been given is that - well, you see, Bush is STUPID!

Wait. Let?s go back to the top and start over. Anyone see some circular reasoning here?
We get heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads. So I\'m just really intelligent and my head coudn\'t hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me. That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Here's some more examples of how the distortions of the leftists are hurting our warriors.

For the past two years, the old-line media has been more than willing to help broadcast the allegations made by the anti-war crowd that "Bush lied, soldiers died." However, no matter how many times the likes of Michael Moore and Cindy Sheehan have made this allegation, they've never been able to make it stick.

The only thing they've proven thus far is that they hold a twisted hatred of this country and feel consumed with resentment toward America's economic, military and political superiority. It's as if they are almost apologetic for America's greatness - on second thought, it's not that they are almost aplogetic, they are!

It turns out that it's not George Bush or Dick Cheney who has been lying to the American people, but the very anti-war/anti-military folks who have been pointing fingers at the administration all along.

The record of deception by the anti-war crowd reached a new low this week when we learned that MoveOn.org was broadcasting an anti-military ad that purported to show U.S. troops in Iraq who, the ad said, should be pulled out of Iraq straight away.

A sharp-eyed American soldier brought it to the country's attention that the soldiers in the ad weren't American ? they were British. MoveOn.org can't be blamed, of course, because they wouldn't recognize or appreciate an American military uniform if you paid them. This is part and parcel of their rampant stupidity and culpability.

MoveOn then turned to deception to hide their mistake by graphically altering the uniforms that the soldiers were wearing.

Lies, lies and more lies.

Maybe Michael Moore was in charge of the editing standards for MoveOn.org, because this is the same type of stunt Moore pulled when producing his anti-war propaganda flick, "Fahrenheit 9-11."

In that propaganda piece, Moore declared that President Bush had stolen the election, and that newspaper accounts backed up his outrageous charge.

The film showed a headline "Latest Florida recount shows Gore won Election" taken from a Bloomington, Ill., newspaper dated Dec. 19, 2001. This outrageous story was entirely made up by Michael Moore.

Shockingly, there never was such a story in the newspaper. Instead, there was a similar letter to the editor written by a private citizen two weeks prior. Moore took that letter, and mocked it up into a fake news story. He changed the date and the font sizes and appearance and tried to pass it off as a legitimate news story.

And this week Moore flatly denied he ever owned stock in defense contractor Halliburton ? who he has made the boogey man in the Iraq war. Tax receipts show that Moore isn't telling the truth about that either. Why are we not suproised to learn that Moore lies?

Lies, lies and more lies, along with a dash of hypocrisy for good measure. Anti-war politicians have joined in the game of deception recently.

Congressman John Murtha became a celebrity to anti-war groups recently when he called for an immediate withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq.

TV analysts breathlessly reported the "stunning" development that a once-"hawkish" representative had turned on the war effort. The anti-American message board DemocratUnderground was loaded with endless threads of discussion proclaiming the newfound bravery of Congressman Murtha.

No surprise here ? Murtha was merely pulling a dishonest political stunt, and he used the willing accomplices of the old-line media and anti-war crowd to pull it off.

Fact is, 18 months earlier, Murtha stood shoulder-to-shoulder with one of the most shamefully dishonest members of Congress, Democrat Nancy Pelosi, and declared that we should cut and run from Iraq.

And this wasn't the first time Murtha had advocated cut-and-run.

Pay attention here, because you won't see this fact reported in any major newspaper or alphabet soup network: He gave the exact same advice to President Clinton after American troops were attacked and slaughtered by Al Qaida-backed terrorists in Somalia in 1993. And now we know who was giving Clinton such stunningly brilliant military advice - the same Cut And Run congressman who now advocates the same strategy for success in Iraq. Murtha should have quit while he was ahead. Like right after his retirement from the Marine Corps.

When Clinton followed Murtha's advice, it is reported to have emboldened Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein, who have both said the incident showed that Americans lacked the will to fight for what they believed in. And this fact has been confirmed by at leat two independent sources.

But there stood an anguished Congressman Murtha under the hot klieg lights, with tears in his eyes, pretending he had come to some newfound opposition to the Iraq war.

Lies, lies and more lies and cowardice in the face of America's enemies to boot.

Is it any wonder then, that some of us do indeed question the patriotism of the anti-war crowd? If this is their version of patriotism, let them go pledge allegiance to another flag. And this time they don't have to choke on the words "... one Nation under God..."

While the heroic men and women of the United States military are enduring hellish conditions in Iraq and Afghanistan fighting Islamo-fascists intent upon murdering them, they're being undermined here at home by shameful, guilt-ridden, spineless folks in the anti-war crowd who will tell any lie to justify their reprehensible conduct.

The next time someone on the Left attacks you, or your neighbor, or a friend for questioning their patriotism ? calmly look them in the eye and answer back.

Yes, we certainly do question your patriotism.

Old 12-05-2005, 06:25 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Brice...on target, fire for effect!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 12-06-2005, 05:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default More from the party of Cut N Run

Democratic Chairman Howard Dean on Monday likened the war in Iraq to Vietnam and said, "The idea that the United States is going to win the war in Iraq is just plain wrong," comments that drew immediate fire from Republicans.

In an interview with WOAI-AM in San Antonio, Dean criticized what he called President Bush's "permanent commitment to a failed strategy" while saying, "We need to be out of there and take the targets off our troops' back." Dean suggested "a strategic redeployment" of U.S. troops over the next two years.

"I wish the president had paid more attention to the history of Iraq before we had gotten in there," Dean said. "The idea that we're going to win this war is just plain wrong."

Republican Chairman Ken Mehlman said Dean's "outrageous prediction sends the wrong message to our troops, the enemy, and the Iraqi people just 10 days before historic elections."

If the party chariman is saying the cut N run strategy is the correct one, then I guess it's safe to say that the Democrat party is the party of cut N run. I wonder how men of character, like Sen. Joe Lieberman, stands to be around such weasels as Dean.

Old 12-06-2005, 07:14 AM

Hey, anything to regain control of the White House..no matter how much blood is spilled...it's all in a good cause..POWER..that's all that matters.