Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Gen. McChrystal to teach leadership at Yale

AP

WASHINGTON – Yale University says it has hired retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal to teach a graduate level seminar on leadership on its New Haven, Conn., campus.

McChrystal is the former commander of the Afghanistan war. He was fired in July by President Barack Obama because of disparaging comments he and his aides made about their civilian bosses.

Yale announced Monday that McChrystal's seminar will "examine how dramatic changes in globalization have increased the complexity of modern leadership." McChrystal said in a statement accompanying the release that he was looking forward to sharing his "experiences and insights as a career military officer."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2010, 12:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I would have wanted McChrystal to select as less leftist environment than Yale to supplement his retirement income. Disappointment is a word that comes to mind, but probably in keeping with his politics.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-17-2010, 11:10 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default SuperScout,...

Damn! We certainly think along the same lines.

Was just telling wife the other day that The General sharing his military knowledge & expertise with new wannabe Dictatorial Political Leaders and/or Civilian Warlords,...was a pretty-much lowly way of ending a Quite Honorable, Courageous & Destinguished Career.

Besides,...there is little (if any?): "Duty, Honor, Country" in American politics, anyway.
It's-a-big-deal in politics to be honest & give a straight answer to a straight question.

Yale, Harvard & such are generally leadership preparations for an omnipotent rule and/or:
"A Government of The (Politician), By The (Politician), and For The (Politician)"

Both The People & The Military just do as told or ordered (as usual).

Neil
Old 08-17-2010, 01:46 PM

Cool Hey the man's gotta eat

Why didn't he get a job at the war college. He's got a lot input I'm sure but that would know doubt lead to confrontations. I can't see a General teaching it just doesn't sing - if you know what I mean.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 08-17-2010, 04:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats View Post
Why didn't he get a job at the war college. He's got a lot input I'm sure but that would know doubt lead to confrontations. I can't see a General teaching it just doesn't sing - if you know what I mean.
Once a senior general gets relieved, the doors get closed around him rather quickly. Case in point: when Wesley Clarke got relieved over his blundering in Kosovo, his only output to the civilian world was to try to run for president, where he turned out to be another colossal failure. He's now peddling his "prowess" on CNN. Ho-hum.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."