The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2002, 04:30 AM

Default Thank you for accepting me on these boards. I will try to behave accordingly to rules

Thank you for accepting me on these boards. I will try to behave accordingly to rules.

First of all, I am NOT the same Kalashnikov who invented AK-47. And I am NOT the same Kalashnikov who wrote Cold War history books "Broken Sword of Empire" and "Battle for the Skies" (great books, by the way, but they will never be translated in English for political motives). Kalashnikov is very distributed name.

By the way, yes, Vladimir Frolov is one of my pseudonyms. Using real name in Russia, is very dangerous.

I already told you that I have programming skills, and I yes, I use them for propaganda purposes (like making games about Soviet Empire). Don't see anything bad in it. Just like I am also artist, and I also use my skills for propaganda (I am making cool communist posters).

I don't think that high school kid (even Russian high school kid) as some people call me has deep knowledge in mathematics, physics, chemistry and molecular biology, military technology and tactics, programming, arts, music and web design, has experience in piloting MiG-23, MiG-25 and MiG-29, and can write books like "Collective of Red Star". At least for all my 49 years I never seen one. I know too much about Russian army, tactics and technology for a high school kid. Many things I tell about Russian army in forums (yes, including game forums) is denied by officials.

I don't have photo of myself in uniform, but I can make it if you want, if you promise not to distribute it - I am officially retired and don't want any trouble. And I haven't been at Red Square for a long time. I live in Stalingrad now, using Moscow proxy.

As for Iraq, let me refresh your memory: battle for Al Takkadum (spelling?). Liutenant Rupert Clark survived this battle, at least he was giving interview with him in "Aviamaster" magazine, issue #1, year 1997 - article was in Russian, but I am sure that there is English copy somewhere. Any man who have knowledge about SAMs will tell you: IT WAS RUSSIAN TACTIC. I haven't seen the battle myself, I was just the advisor - UNOFFICIALLY. Why unofficially? Because corrupt leaders of Soviet Union betrayed Iraq, but many (over 100) retired officers went to Iraq to help Iraqis, because Iron Curtain was downed by that time.

Now for my father. I took information from "Soviet Falcons versus American Vultures", printed in 1975. It was re-printed in 1994, but they removed word "Soviet". According to both versions, Georgiy Leonidovich Kalashnikov (or his battlegroup?) shot 39 American planes in Vietnam. According to books of post-Soviet military historican Maksim Kalashnikov (no, it is not my relative - Kalashnikov is widely distributed name), Soviet fighters in Vietnam downed 3495 planes, losing only 76. By mere statistical analysys, 39 downed American planes is quite small number.

Now about ace lists. I want to see these lists. In Russia, we don't have ace lists of Cold War heroes. Moreover, we don't have list of bomber pilots, even bomber pilots of Second World War (my father was piloting storm bomber). We don't have list of recon pilots. We don't have list of air support pilots. All source about my father I had is book of 1975 and its reprint. If you have such lists, please, give me links, I GOT TO SEE THEM!!! I want to know the truth.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2002, 05:15 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Good morning...

As I told you in my pm to you we are willing to listen to open and honest communication. I myself would like to hear about the day to day life of the Russian people. Are they well? Do they have the food and medicine they need. Are there areas of the country where they are doing better or worse than other areas? A big big question. Do you know if your Government is holding any American POW from the Vietnam War? Those are a few questions I have. Thank you for coming back in a respectful manner. I really appreciate that. The respect you give to me is the respect you will get from me. I think most others on this board feel the same.

Peace and Welcome...

Arrow>>>>>

Note to all administration is willing to take him at his word noting that the IP looks legit so far. So let's give him a chance.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 12-17-2002, 05:53 AM

Default Re: Good morning...

No, I am sure that Russian goverment doesn't have American POWs. That's pure logic: for West-oriented Russian leaders, PR-bonus of releasing American POWs is so great that they will surely do it. After all, they gave you Vietnam military base, why won't they give Vietnam POWs? Because they don't have any. At least that's what I think.

About situation in Russia. Russians are dying like flies. Population of Russian Federation is dropping by two million each year. We already lost 42 millions of people. It is worse than Great Patriotic War (27 millions of dead Russians). Industry, science, education, healthcare, military - everything collapsed. It is becoming worse and worse each year. This "economic growth" Putin talks about is in reality just increasing number of private enterprise. And almost all private enterprise in Russia is based on thieft. Yes, we sell oil, but it is SOVIET oil shafts, no new shafts are opened. People are freezing to death. Anatoliy Chubais, who is head of United Power System (unites most Russian power plants and power cable systems), cuts off power from MILITARY BASES, NUKE SILOS and HOSPITALS, and Putin does nothing to stop this madness.

The most fantastic thing is that we have EVERYTHING to prosper. Our science and education is still the most advanced on planet (sorry, but I have seen latest examples of both American and Russian technology - most of Russian tech is better). We have huge mineral resources. And we have industrious, hard-working and cheap labor force.

What is preventing Russia from being prospering state? It's puppet goverment, controlled by West. That's why most Russian people hate goverment and hate West. In reality, Russia is not a independant country any more. It is occupied territory. It may sound weird, but it is true. We have to admit that Americans won Cold War, and results of our defeat are much worse than one can imagine. Fall of Soviet Union is biggest catastrophe in Russia for entire it's history, even 300 years of Tataro-Mongol Yoke looks like child's play now.
Old 12-17-2002, 06:14 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Hey Soviet, maybe you could explain to us why half of the Russia General Staff retired after we stomped our way through Iraq. If I recall, in 100 hours of ground combat we killed, captured or rendered combat ineffective 48 Iraqi Divisions. All 48 divisions were equipped with Russian materials and used Russian tactics. We attacked with a coalition of only 20 divisions. Every manual I have ever read says you should attack with at least a 2 to 1 margin in your favor. We had less than half of what we were supposed to and still kicked your ass. Please explain.

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 12-17-2002, 06:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default The Same Way

We kicked the asses of the Soviet Backed Peoples Republic of N.Korea, China, and Vietnam. (Politics of Vietnam not included, just military) Just like Israel kicked the asses of all the Arab Nations, backed by the Soviets, and how a bunch of Afghan's kicked the asses of the "vaunted" Red Army. They are, well, losers.

Dos V Don Ya Commrade.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 12-17-2002, 06:49 AM

Soviet Pilot,

This venting you're getting is something you will have to live with until trust is re-established between our Countries. After all we've spent years trying to killing each other and suddenly the wall is down and we're all buddies? It's unlikely it will be that simple.

But we have to start somewhere and for that I respect you for making the first contact with our site. We are a little case hardened and moreso after 9/11. Currently we have very little trust with any outsiders as you can no doubt understand.

It's not easy to just cast off old feelings and moreso for those who fought against you and your brothers over all these years. We too have banded together to ensure our countrymen are not forgotten.

There have been bad feelings exchanged for years on both sides and currently it's a very fragile friendship we have at this time. So bare with us as we will with you and at least offer you and others the opportunity to exchange your feelings and comments about issues you wish to express.

We are mostly x-military men and women. We come from all sorts of backgrounds. We agree and disagree on many issues but that is what we like best. We have found that by venting out these issues - we can better understand them.

We respect those people who respect us. We are team player's - and we don't like cheaters. Fool us once but never twice.

There are many subjects and topics I'm sure that need to be discussed openly and with that in mind - welcome.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 12-17-2002, 07:13 AM

Vladimir,

Glad you decided to answer questions from us. If your who you say you are it could lead to interesting and informative dialogs.

When I exposedyour identity as a gamer(Vladimir "Int_00h" Frolov)in theother thread I was hoping that you would come forward and play by the rules.

One thing I find interesting is your using of 00h as part of your name.Is there some philosophical meaning behindthe use of "Dividing byZero" or is it just programingrelated ? I must say it's usewreaks ofa gaming mentality.

Speaking of programing, what computer languages are you proficient in and where did you learn them?

For the time being and untilI do more research,I'll leave the political and militaryquestions andcomments up to others.

ken

Old 12-17-2002, 07:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Of what technology do you speak Ivan? If you are referring to industrial equipment then I beg to differ with you. Russian stuff is very fundamental, inefficient and poorly/crudely manufactured. Especially if you are referring to power generation and petro chemical equipment than I especially differ with you. I?ve worked a number of projects in the former CCCP and in current Russian Federation most notably the trans Siberia-trans CCCP gas pipeline project and the Togliati industrial complex near Sevastopol. Then and now you don?t even use your own equipment on these projects as most comes from Western Europe, Japan and the US. If I was you guys, I wouldn?t use your turbines, generators or compressors either as it it?s a sure way to get a roaring fire going, kill a lot of people and cause a lot of unnecessary destruction. So am I surprised you have a lot of power blackouts and energy shortages? No I?m not at all. Do you have an abundance of qualified engineers and scientists and an incredible wealth of natural resources? Yes you do is the answer to that question. Have you squandered that natural wealth in human and natural resources by stupid Bolshevik political claptrap and totally wasteful attempts at world domination and subjugation? You most certainly have. Ya?ll want to have a first hand feel for the back lash going on in the world today, just grab up a ticket to contemporary Vietnam, stay clear of the party bubbas, and get into the rural areas and have a look at the Communist ?paradise? that never was, what a rip off. And as an observation worth the sharing, today as I write, the PRC is refurbishing and rebuilding dozens and dozens and dozens of Soviet designed power plants and a week doesn?t go by where I?m not involved in one or more of these projects and it?s the same old situation where poor quality steels and poor quality manufactured turbine parts are being replaced by western technology. It?s the same deal with the Moi Hung (Big Bear) oil fields of Vietnam. Now, if we were to get into the topic of turbine and plant control systems, I don?t see any Russian equipment around or even being considered. Fact is, most of the former East Block countries are now involved in getting their standards on a par with the West so that they can participate. All except the Russian Federation of course as they have such a lack of inertia and are so hide-bound that they will probably never give up the old ways and accept more proven and accepted methods. So with all your self-proclaimed knowledge of all known things, I?m quite surprised you didn?t know just how far behind your industrial manufacturing technology and energy production equipment really is. Pitiful stuff for a country that can produce a MIG-29, I?m thinking. But then, you show such amazing holes in your knowledge bank that I?m thinking you need to hit the books about contemporary Russia a big bunch if you are to be their self-proclaimed ?Hero of the Soviet Union? here abouts. Sorry Ivan, but you?re hanging yourself with your own tongue, especially for one who claims to live in an industrial area like Stalangrad.

Scamp

I'm a VN Veteran Ivan, so I'm no stranger to what you Bears can really put on the board, not a bit.
Old 12-17-2002, 07:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default My view...

...The thought of even speaking to someone from Russia 30 years ago brought chills to many...

...So many things that need to be said after so long, and answers that will never answer, why...

...Why has your Country hated us for so long?..., when back in 1945 we looked on two fronts to stop Hitler, and his terror...

...What will it take after all these years for your countrymen, and women to realize that we have not tried to prosper at the expense of your Nation...

...By sheer magnitude of size, and masses of people, your country should be a leader of all men for the purpose of continued peace, and safety for all, but the choices of your prior leaders was only for world dominence, not for a structured rising of the world's masses to be free, and self providing...

...After all these years by doing "it" your way, you state in another post that Russian people will cease to exist by the year 2050, So why is our way so bad?...

...My view is that the fine people of Russia have lived too long wearing the "blinders" of faith..., the faith in their leaders "to do the right thing" for the people of your Nation, and by placing America as the "scapegoat" for the world's problems, it took the heat off them for many years, however, your Nations long term goals, or objectives fell apart as free thinking people fianally saw through the clouds that were shielding their views...

...We, as a Nation over here understand that in order for the world to "survive" we must reach to other shores in the world to help create a world in which every person has the rights to think, and act on their own for the betterment of all, It's called freedom...

...you have never had the freedoms in your Nation as we do here, the freedoms to express differences, and the rights to vote and challenge the powers that hold "elective" office, and change the laws regarding such differences... so why is that wrong,

...You came on here "boasting" of your exploits of your "past", and although it stirs up bad memories for many, it said to me that you are bitter,... bitter at your own Nation for mothering you, and hiding the "jewels" of the rest of the world from you for so long...

...I wish no quarrel with you, only intelligent conversation after so long in silience between two Nations...

...We're really not as bad as your leaders wanted you to believe..............

...peace be with you, and yours in the upcoming years......

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 12-17-2002, 08:22 AM

Iraq ground defence failed because Iraq has lost battle for skies. You just bombed them without entering range of fire of their ground artillery. Moreover, you have thrown almost every mortar (120mm or so) you had. Also, Iraqis used outdated ground war technology.

So, Iraq ground defeat was based on three factors:
1.Outdated technology
2.American superiority in numbers of light artillery
3.American air superiority

Air superiority is most important of all. You would never defeat Iraq ground forces without abtaining air superiority.

So, let's analyze reasons why you abtained air superiority:
1.Iraq didn't have Russian A-50 planes (counterpart to AWACS)
2.Iraq used planes and SAMs of 1950ies
3.Americans had superioirty in numbers of planes

Some people say that Iraq had lots of latest Russian technology like MiG-29 and S-300. Probably he had one or two prototypes, BUT I NEVER SEEN THEM. What I've seen is technology of 1950ies: Stalin's S-75 SAMs and MiG-21 fighters. And of course, they didn't had A-50 DRLO (AWACS) planes. From my experience I can say that AWACS doubles or even triples efficiency of air attacks. And Americans had so much air forces. I've seen one or two Iraqi MiG-21 fighter coming against ten or eleven state-of-the-art fighters. Iraqis were hopelessly outnumbered.

Now, let's think creatively. Iraq used technology of 1950ies - S-75 and MiG-21. What would happen if America used technology of 1950ies - F-104 and F-4? America would be beaten, even with superior numbers. That already happened in Vietnam skies (Soviet MiG-21 against American F-4): America lost 3495 fighters, Soviets lost 76 fighters. That would happen in Iraq if Iraq had latest Soviet technology. Americans won't have any chance.

Any questions?

Now, let's analyze other conflicts. War in Korea was victory of Soviet Union. But it is not flawless victory - South Korea was formed. Let's analyze what happened.

The day of this great Soviet victory over American air force - 12th of April, 1951. Americans launched 48 B-29s, protected by 80 jet fighters from bases in Korea to destroy hydroelectic power plant on Yalutzan river and Andun bridge in China. If Americans would succeed in this operation (mission objectives: destroy Yalutzan power plant and Andun bridge), they would win war for Korea. Soviets launched MiG-15 fighters (armed with 3 cannons, no missiles) to intercept the attack. Result: Yalutzan power plant and Andun bridge saved, no MiGs were damaged, lots of American aircrafts destroyed. In this war, Americans destroyed 335 Soviet aircrafts, while Soviets destroyed more than 1300 American aircrafts. As you see, Soviet victory in war for skies of Korea was complete. So, why North Korean offensive was stopped? The answer is simple: Stalin didn't want to provide North Korea with enough military machinery. Why? Stalin wanted China to spend resources instead. That was bad decision, but still: North Koreans defeated Americans. That's the main reason why North Korea is included in "Axis of Evil" - they kicked American ass and American generals want to strike back.

By abovementioned reason, Vietnam could be next target of American machine. Because war in Vietnam was won by Soviets. In skies, it was absolute victory: America lost 3495 fighters, Soviets lost 76 fighters. In ground combat, it was not as good. Americans managed to kill many poorly-trained and often unarmed Vietnameese. Soviets could not protect them: Americans unleashed great amounts of napalm, killing everyone - soldiers, civilians, women and children. But still, Vietnameese thrown Americans back, and that is, of course, victory.

Afghanistan campaign was failure. Corrupt party officials chose bad tactics (tank rush in mountains - what an idiocy! That's old post-Stalin mental disease, Russians call it "tank thinking"), but they still had high casualities. Why? Because it was political operation, not war. We wanted to support legitimate goverment, but this goverment itself turned against us. There were two ways to settling the conflict: pulling back or going on - not to support somebody (there was nobody to support), but to conquer Afghanistan. But party officials chose third, most stupid way, they were trying to "support" NON-EXISTANT pro-Soviet forces. What a stupid move!

Could Soviets win in Afghanistan? Without problems! Approximately 13 years ago I talked to Afghan elders about it. Want to know their answer? Here's approximately what they said: "If you wanted to conquer Afghanistan, destroying all civilians who get in your way, you could do so in a matter of days. But instead of doing so you divided your enemies on good enemies and bad enemies. That's why you failed." You think that is subjective answer? Well, not so long ago I've seen TV interview with Chechen terrorist Ahmed Zakayev, who was saying EXACTLY THE SAME about Chechnya.

So, here's biggest problem of post-Stalin Russians: we divide our enemies on "bad" enemies (armed) and "good" enemies (unarmed), attacking only "bad" ones - if someone attack "good" ones, he is usually trialed and demoted. If we were using Stalin's tactic: killing armed and unarmed enemies; or even more radical American (remember Vietnam) tactic: killing everybody - men, women and children - we would win (at least it is what our enemies say). As you remember, Stalin pacified Chechnya WITHOUT killing civilians in THREE DAYS, while Yeltsin and Putin cannot pacify it for years.

At least, that's my view of situation...