The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2003, 04:50 AM

Default You Know what

Each and every day of my life since leaving Viet Nam in 1969, I wake up and say just a few kind words to myself (call it a prayer), that I am able to get up and go about my daily duties, because of many many reasons, but the main ones being:

The USA is a Free country
We have the Strongest and most dedicated Military personnel available.
I know that I am in safe hands, even though alot of things I do dont meet specs.
And most of all I thank the Mighty One up above for all these things.

I turn on the TV early morns, and see all that is happening to Iraq, and think to myself, "if" the USA and its citizens including the people under the bridges, had to wake up to bombs going off and our Country tore to pieces just because of one as- that wont step down, that it would make all my efforts in Nam senseless.

I am all for the conflict/war going on now, and thankfully the troops are finially getting to do their duty instead of just sitting around and waiting. That is nerve racking on anyone. I couldnt take that ( hell, put me in a strait Jacket).

I dont know how all of you think, but I dont think this war is going to last that long. We will leave troops behind for security as usual, but all but a few will return home and become proud of what they did.

We will always remember the ones lost. Personnely I would make another Wall for them, and place it right beside the Viet Nam Wall.

God Speed and safety for our troops in the USA Military.

SALUTE TO ALL OF THEM.............