The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2005, 02:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Larry

Now you see why I don't post much here anymore.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2005, 06:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Gimpy,

For once I agree with you....why I don't post here much anymore.

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 02-06-2005, 06:46 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. You can't say these guys coming back are wrong for there opinions. You don't know what they all went through as they don't know what many of you have been through.

I have had a cousin that served in Iraq and came back supporting Bush still and he has every right to that. Other soldiers have the right to disagree with him.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

At one time in my life I probably believed that returning Vets would not be used for political purposes or for the simple motivation of making money. Vietnam disavowed me of that notion for good and Hollywood and any number of politicos have totally reinforced that early conviction along the journey and to this very point in time. Anyone that has been to war knows nothing is as it seems and the most uncommon thing to be found is ?Truth?. There are perceptions, experiences, impressions, absolutes, the full list of emotions and more, much more, but no one can see the full picture. By definition, half the picture is hidden by the enemy and other assorted political opponents.

So a ?not for profit? site claims to have the ?Truth?? Maybe there are factual stories, impressions, experiences and things of that nature, maybe. But a ?not for profit? driving an obvious political agenda and claiming ?truth? is a field of flashing red lights and due caution is needed before taking anything to the bank as an absolute. I?d like to hear what those Vets have to say outside an edited and closely chaperoned communication environment. Then a look at the site books perhaps, and really see what their version of ?not for profit? amounts to and exactly who the donors are. Therein the truth will be found, maybe, but this is not to be and instead all that can be relied upon is the veracity and ethics of the site creator and presumed boss man.
Scamp
Old 02-07-2005, 01:27 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default RIGHT-ON!!!...

Andy, Bob, David, Paco, Scamp, and all others giving American Leaders the benefit of doubt, rather than instead of just ALWAYS: "Bashing" same, which in turn ALWAYS satisfies, gratifies and encourages the enemy and their many supporters worldwide, more so than can be imagined,...RIGHT-ON!!!

Especially during wartime, what good can come from such perpetual underminings and the perpetual sewing of seeds of discontent,...For The American People? Isn't being at war bad enough?

Hey,...why don't career Leftist Political Fools & Hacks find other and much less nation and warfare undermining ways for: "Recapturing The White House"? I'd prefer that. Plus, I have no doubt whatsoever that most all Brave and Courageous Front Line Warriors...WOULD PREFER THAT.

Besides, when all RA's or Volunteers sign on the-dotted-line, there's only one line and/or The American Line. There's no Democrat Line, nor a Republican Line to choose from.

Believe there are only ONE lines on VOLUNTEER Reserve or VOLUNTEER National Guard forms, also??
Am I wrong?

Neil :cd:
Old 02-11-2005, 04:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Paco :

sorry i said that. have been in a bad way since i got back from North Little Rock.

take care,

larry
Old 02-12-2005, 04:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Thanks Larry, I get it. Want you relaxed for the Mountain. Take care of yourself.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 02-17-2005, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paco The VVAW, Vietnam Veterans Against the War, was filled with tons of wannabee's and liars who made it their point to lie about their experiences in Vietnam. When I returned from Vietnam I was against the war but only in the context that the politicians would not let us win so lets get out. Well times have changed and we are winning the war against terrorism and have freed the Iraqi people from one of the most tyrannical governments in world history. The only politicians who are trying to sabatoge this war are the ones that would take this group seriously and feel they speak for majority of the Vets of this war.....and we all know who they are. I see and talk with Vets of this war on a DAILY bases. None feel the way these guys do. Bet most of them are Reservist......anyone wanna bet on that?

Pack
==============================================

That'd probably be a losing bet, Paco. I also imagine they are the ones who were making their meetings just to get school paid for. When their education was interrupted by a call to DUTY, they suddenly decided what Sam says is wrong. They were willing to get the education but not meet their obligations if called.

I guess they wanted to dance without paying the band.