The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2003, 07:42 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking

Ladies & Gents -

Ah yes, it must indeed be getting close to election time. You guys and gals are all on a roll!!

VERITAS
Old 11-30-2003, 08:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Rick

I got it all figured out.

We moderates are the only sane folks when it comes to politics.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 11:21 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking

KEITH -

I have been called a lot of things in my life - but never sane!?

LOL -

VERITAS
Old 11-30-2003, 01:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default James

First of all, I appreciate the civil tone of your response, a refreshing read, albeit with a drop or two of balsamic vinegar! That I can handle easily; I have a bit of trouble when some "veterans" sink so low that they have to boost their questionable manhood by calling the mother of the President a "bitch."

My point in mentioning the Chappaqwhatever event was simply to refute your contention it was only those wascally wepublicans that got off light in view of their DUI arrests. And I doubt very seriously that whatever substance abuse that either Bush or Cheney indulged in previously has any negative impact on their decison-making capability today. While I may not agree with them 100% in the decisions they make, suffice it to say that I'm not 100% satisfied with allthe choices and decisions I make!

My earlier complaints about Clinton had nothing to do with his inhaling or not; that is so trivial that "it is to yawn!" And I was not lining up with some to complain about his sexual antics in the Oval Office. What I did find objectionable, as did a federal district judge, was his lying or perjury, and obstruction of justice, both felonies.

Besides the latest edition of Mythical Liberal Intellectual Giants," my reading tastes include 2 of the 3 volumes of Edmund Morris' biography of Theodore Roosevelt, Maximilien Robespierre, Jefferson ("Indeed I tremble for my country when i reflect that God is just," and what a wonderful quote that is!), and Walt Kelley.

What any candidate did or didn't do in, on, or around the Vietnam war is totally irrelevant in the upcoming elections, with the possible exception of anyone participating in treasonous acts. So far, I don't think that Jane whatshername is running, but the nomination's not sewed up yet either!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 11-30-2003, 03:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Since it appears

you're refering to ME in your first paragraph back there SuperSleuth...........I'll just say that "questionable manhood" statement comes RIGHT BACK ATCHA! Why don't you GROW UP, don't like it when folks call your "heros" for what they are, huh??

This, after some of the most despicable, vile , deplorable, unsavory and rancind comments that YOU have made around here???????

Gimmie a freakin break!

James can answer the other "stuff" youi've commented on, but I wasn't going to let this opportunity "pass" without once again letting you know what a true, blue HYPOCRITE you are!

Hav a nice day. Then again, NOT!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.